• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    With ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 2 coming up and also RAMBO IV, Brian's surely at a very hot spot at the moment! If we take into account the recently released through his own myspace place sound clip of AVP2 (heard at:http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=201285834 ) and which really rocks, then it becomes instantly evident that his name will surely be heard this year; a lot!

So! Some places you might want to visit:

Brian Tyler | Facebook group
    (lots of info, CD info and interview links, news and more)
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4310054791

Brian Tyler | Official website
    http://www.briantyler.com/

PHOTOS from the recording sessions of AVP2 (first couple of rows ontop)
    http://www.briantyler.com/photos.html

Stay tuned for more!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    I so hope Tyler does a good job on Rambo IV - a film that I, incidentally, am looking forward to a great deal. Yeah, call me crazy, but I do - particularly after seeing the original unrated teaser-trailer Stallone made available some time back.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am too looking forward to it but i guess there's a huge difference as i am ONLY looking forward to the score wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hehe, me too. Couldn't care less about the film, but it seems it's a pretty big job for Tyler (being a classic film series, et all), so I'm very much looking forward to what he comes up with! AVP2 is a more interesting one for me, though, I just hope it'll be raw, grand and chilling. Got pretty high hopes.

Is he now in some higher league, instead of previous films like Annapolis? He really has an opportunity to prove his worth with AVP2, it seems, showing he can pull off music in that echoes Horner, Goldsmith or Goldenthal.

In general, this guy rocks, elevating 'easy adrenaline-listening' to a higher level, while maintaining the rockness of easy listening. And probably one of the very few composers who also looks like a cool dude to boot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote

Is he now in some higher league, instead of previous films like Annapolis?

I'd say yes, definitely.

In general, this guy rocks, elevating 'easy adrenaline-listening' to a higher level, while maintaining the rockness of easy listening. And probably one of the very few composers who also looks like a cool dude to boot.

Definitely too. You know, stuff like "WAR" and "FAST AND THE FURIOUS:TOKYO DRIFT" have always been functioning as 'quick fixes' for me, if you know what i mean. They instantly fuse you with so much energy and power without even working and trying for it, it just gets you at once! It's awesome! They always come first to mind when i am looking for a score to do that to me at once (along with Giacchino, Beltrami, you get the idea!). As for being a cool dude, i tell you, from the little experience i had so far he's definitely one of the coolest around as we speak! And you can always appreciate that in a person that has so much knowledge of so many different musical genres and instruments simultaneously, but also technological, electronics, rock and stuff, he's a great young composer.

So; rock on!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    I am getting my copy of AvP:Requiem tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Dom wrote
    I am getting my copy of AvP:Requiem tomorrow and I a really looking forward to it biggrin

You lucky $)(#@)$(! We're waiting for a first opinion asap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007 edited
    I have this to tell you people:

Tyler's ALIEN VS PREDATOR 2 KICKS ASS!!! omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    If you go Tyler's Myspace page, he has a preview clip from AvP Requiem.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =201285834
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    How do you know? biggrin

No to be serious, as annouced yesterday I received my copy of Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem today. Luckily the theme that most of you guys know from Tyler's myspace site appears only in two cues of the score. I don't want to say that this theme is bad but it was too close to the trailer music by Gothic Power who already ripped it from Edelman's Come See The Paradise and I don't think that Brian needs to use trailer music within his own composition. So as said that theme appears in the cues Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem and Opening Titles (for only 10 seconds). That's why the myspace cue is not really significant for the score.

The rest of the score really kicks ass. Sure you hear some typical Tyler motifs but AvP:R is after a long period a really fresh approach in his scoring action. Cues like Decimation Proclamation or Coprocloakia are good examples for it.

Most important is that Tyler really honours the previous scores from Silvestri, Goldsmith, Goldenthal, Horner and Frizzell without just copying their themes or motifs but with composing in the spirit of these scores as he mentioned in previous interviews.

So now I can't await Rambo to come.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Nice. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    I have this to tell you people:

Tyler's ALIEN VS PREDATOR 2 KICKS ASS!!! omg

I WANNA HEAR IT WANNA HEAR IT WANNA HEAR IT WANNA HEAR IT bounce
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Further shocked shocked shocked 's! Oh i wanna see the faces of the Tyler bashes after this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Further shocked shocked shocked 's! Oh i wanna see the faces of the Tyler bashes after this!

Wow, one good score every 500 years! Look out!!!

wink

I will say that I am really looking forward to this one.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If Demetris likes it the score must be brimming with introspective repetetive string adagios... sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    If Demetris likes it the score must be brimming with introspective repetetive string adagios... sad

Yeah, i'll see how kissy and huggy you'll get with your next romantic rendezvous when you try to approach her on your big comfy sofa with good ol' wine and tasty stuff to accompany it, candles and Tyler's "romantic sting adagios" in AVP2 playing in the background!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    That's gonna be one interesting date!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    AVP2... DAMN GENA!!! DAMN!!!

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Sounds promising. I'm sure I'll be buying the cd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Does anyone know of an online store (a tested and known one) that will ship TYLER'S AVP2 before 12/11? I am leaving for CYPRUS in two weeks and looking for possible ways to have it before my departure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So why don't you put an order in to have it delivered to Cyprus? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    1) 'Cause i want it ASAP (along with LUST, CAUTION and SILK) angelic
    2) Other, personal reasons wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    2) Other, personal reasons wink

shocked
    Hmmmmmmm...
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    I really like what i'm hearing. The second sample from Tyler's MySpace page is exactly what i was expecting. He's going to back to basics such as Darkness Falls. The orchestra is playing in full force, at least from those samples heard so far and there arent these disturbing electronics which kind of ruins everything (like War).
  1. Oh my f****** god. The new track is so unbelievably perfect to the point that has been set by Goldsmith, Horner, Goldenthal, and Silvestri that I really have highest hopes now for his take on Goldsmith´s Rambo-Theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
  2. "Requiem Epilogue" had me laughing my lungs out. What a great way to end the movie with this quote...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    Sorry for popping this up, but i wanted to note down that - for anyone's interested - there's a very long discussion about Tyler in general and AVPR in particular in the NOW PLAYING thread (i.e. the field for all matters wink ) which starts right about here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … xi/#Item_9

Input, thoughts, comments are welcome here wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    Christodoulides wrote

Input, thoughts, comments are welcome here wave

Seriously? biggrin

Just kidding man..