• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    James, i have seen your Rambo and I would like know which tracks would you play in your "edited version"?

Thx!
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008 edited
    Tyler's Rambo score in my opinion gets a 4 out of 5 stars. It is far from the brilliance of Goldsmiths music but that is to be expected since Tyler has been scoring since 1996. Good score overall.
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    A more focused and honest review for the score to Rambo can be found here:

http://www.scorenotes.com/soundtracks/rambo.html

Excellent work right after Rambo 3, IMHO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    Krish4479 wrote

So the rest of us who hated it weren't "honest?"

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Krish4479 wrote

So the rest of us who hated it weren't "honest?"

-Erik-

Very good point?

Care to take the stand Krish?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008 edited
    I was referring to the Southall review which seemed very unreasonable to me. I simply disagree with the comments that you guys have made about Rambo. Having listened to score repeatedly, it is not what Erik has described as a "messy, incoherent, generic, MV inspired, below average effort." The excessive criticism and negativity on this board reminds me why I left the Score Reviews website forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Krish4479 wrote
    I was referring to the Southall review which seemed very unreasonable to me. I simply disagree with the comments that you guys have made about Rambo. Having listened to score repeatedly, it is not what Erik has described as a "messy, incoherent, generic, MV inspired, below average effort." The excessive criticism and negativity on this board reminds me why I left the Score Reviews website forum.

You may disagree with it but I certainly wasn't being dishonest. It reflects my feelings about the music in an honest way. I may write some rubbish and am always willing to be told as much, but the rubbish is always my honest assessment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Krish4479 wrote
    The excessive criticism and negativity on this board reminds me why I left the Score Reviews website forum.

sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    James,

When I said honest I felt you were really paying enough attention to the score and just looking for reasons to dislike it. Usually I trust your reviews since I am a very jaded music listener and have had only a couple of disagreements(The Russia House, Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life). But I feel this score deserves more than two measly stars. Thanks for responding to my post and I love your work! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Krish4479 wrote
    The excessive criticism and negativity on this board reminds me why I left the Score Reviews website forum.

sad

That's very weird Krishna, i'd bet that most people find the maintitles' (and scorereviews' as well) family one of the friendliest around! confused Telling our opinions aloud and discussing film music doesn't make anyone negative or excessively criticizing?!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's one of the best things about MainTitles. No one can agree on anything! biggrin We get to argue about film music all day! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Argue on everything, in fact wink keeps us going and rollin baby!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Shut up, we only argue about film music. tongue

...and how big our ''collection'' is. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And Jack Bauer's looserisms!

(....!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOL! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And LAIR´s greatness!

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lair is an enjoyable score. Not great, but very good in places. I like it a lot. I just wish it had a better damn bitrate! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Lair is an enjoyable score. Not great, but very good in places. I like it a lot. I just wish it had a better damn bitrate! crazy

It's all right. Three stars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Don't complain too much about bitrates. Half of it, is just your brain saying it is not the right bitrate, so you can't enjoy it as much.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But when it's something as loud as that and you just hear fuzziness then it's not good enough. sad When I have something in 320 and I think ''this sounds crap'' then it's my brain. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    That's one of the best things about MainTitles. No one can agree on anything! biggrin We get to argue about film music all day! beer

I agree with that.

Oh, sorry.

Bregt wrote
    Don't complain too much about bitrates. Half of it, is just your brain saying it is not the right bitrate, so you can't enjoy it as much.

To a point, yes, but anything below 192k does start to become noticeable, particularly on good speakers. (And especially the horrible default setting on most media players of 12-friggin-8kbps! When will people learn about the basics of ripping music!? angry )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Would you like me to perform an orchidectomy on you?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Was that meant to sound erotic or is that just me? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, he's just jealous. He's tried this before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You still haven't given me an answer. I'll be round in a few minutes with my apparatus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    .....with my apparatus.

That sounds so rude and dirty... spin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If I say ''yes'', will it be quick?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't know, I've never done one before, but an orchidectomy does not sound like a simple procedure.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    So it won't be quick. rolleyes

Painless? tongue