• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The only occasion i'd admit he has overdone it with the amount and volume of music, is in parts of AVP:R. I wouldn't change a not off my favorites like WAR, TOKYO DRIFT, CHILDREN OF DUNE, DARKNESS FALLS, TERROR TRACT and others.

Most of those seem to go on forever for me! Sadly it means I never, ever listen to his music and will never buy any more of it. The albums are just awful representations.

I feel I'll do the same though that's not to say I won't be listening with inteest if I happen to see any film he scores.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, your question indeed makes so much more sense now that i've learned the exact bitrate.

No you haven't.

The average bit rate of an iTunes track is 134kbps (so usually between 128k to 160k).

Now you have. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Interesting.
    What made me think it's between 160-192 is that the frequency in iTunes cues never exceeds 16khz. There's always a clear cutoff line at 16khz which is equivalent to between 160 and 192kbps.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sylvos wrote
    Interesting.
    What made me think it's between 160-192 is that the frequency in iTunes cues never exceeds 16khz. There's always a clear cutoff line at 16khz which is equivalent to between 160 and 192kbps.

I won't claim I know how all that hertz stuff is applicable, but I do agree the cut off is lower if the bit rate is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    Hot women, Hot looks, kick-ass music and now hot cars. I am trying to think of something this man's life is missing but i fail! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sylvos wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    What's the standard bit rate of this type of releases?

I don't know about the codec that Apple uses but in terms of quality it is something in between MP3 160 kbps - 192kbps for the DRM ones. Dunno about iTunes Plus stuff.

iTunes offers most track at 128k AAC which is the eqivalant of 192k MP#. iTunes PLUS is DRM free and 256K AAC which is better than 320K MP3.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BANGKOK DANGEROUS sound clips

http://www.myspace.com/briantylercomposer
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    That article D linked to has some interesting info about Eagle Eye:

Tyler also scored the new Steven Spielberg flick "Eagle Eye" in theaters Sept. 26, which has a car chase scene with a Porsche Cayenne. "It's very much like a modern Hitchcock kind of thriller, so the style is classic themes -- big orchestra, but using a lot of modern instruments. Really propulsive and bold sounding."

smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Bangkok Dangerous sounds pretty much like Rambo, though maybe with a bit more James Horner influences.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I'll take more Rambo-sounding Tyler! Especially without him having to work with somebody else's theme...while I love Goldsmith's Rambo theme and I love Tyler's adaptions of it, it just makes the score awkward because Tyler's sense of melody is so different (and more simplistic) than Goldsmith's. Almost like one of those TV or game scores where a big-name composer writes the theme and a lesser-known writes the actual score...the score itself might be pretty good, but with someone else's theme it doesn't feel quite natural.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hot women, Hot looks, kick-ass music and now hot cars. I am trying to think of something this man's life is missing but i fail! punk

"I am trying to think of something this man's life is missing"

Genuine originality unfortunately!

Obviously a very competant composer and talented musician but lacking that ( you must forgive the term because it's been seriously watered down by reality TV ) 'X Factor' that makes the likes of Barry, Williams, Goldsmith, Morricone, Herrmann, Goldenthal, Elfman and so many others that extra bit special.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Scribe wrote
    That article D linked to has some interesting info about Eagle Eye:

Tyler also scored the new Steven Spielberg flick "Eagle Eye" in theaters Sept. 26, which has a car chase scene with a Porsche Cayenne. "It's very much like a modern Hitchcock kind of thriller, so the style is classic themes -- big orchestra, but using a lot of modern instruments. Really propulsive and bold sounding."

smile

Yeah it's a pretty kickin score. I hope to get the scoring session article (with a crapload of pix) up next week. I'm just waiting on a sound clip (fingers crossed)!!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    MP3 SUITE FROM BANGKOK DANGEROUS (also with an option to download)

http://music.lionsgate.com/BD/

-------

Good stuff, in the vein of WAR punk
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    MP3 SUITE FROM BANGKOK DANGEROUS (also with an option to download)

http://music.lionsgate.com/BD/

-------

Good stuff, in the vein of WAR punk

Some of the music on the suite is quite good...some it not so good!

They should have gotten Michael on to putting together the suite - maybe the edits would have been a bit more, what's the word, seamless!?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But it's just a suite, i am sure the finished material will rock.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does anyone have this score yet???
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

What do you think of the suite matE?
  3. The myspace material wasn't bad, a bit MV, but had also a quite original cue, perhaps referring Thai music or something like that, but still really cool one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Tyler seems to like touring the Far East, no? India (Partition), Japan (The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift), Burma (Rambo) and now Thailand!

dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

What do you think of the suite matE?

Nothing amazing, and nothing I haven't really heard before. That said, it still sounds like something I will get a lot of enjoyment out of. I'm still totally pumped for Eagle Eye!
  4. LSH wrote
    Tyler seems to like touring the Far East, no? India (Partition), Japan (The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift), Burma (Rambo) and now Thailand!

dizzy

Yeah, don't forget that Rambo was filmed in Thailand, too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    LSH wrote

dizzy

Yeah, don't forget that Rambo was filmed in Thailand, too.

Good to see Thailand playing Burma ( Myanmar my arse ), a different part for once, Thailand normally stars as Vietnam wink
  5. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Have you guys seen the length of the tracks on Eagle Eye? Loads of 3-4 minute ones!! shocked biggrin

Let's hope they're very, very loud!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Damn right!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008 edited
    Two Tyler scores in less than fifteen days! Now this rocks punk
    Can´t wait to hear the crazy drumming in Eagle Eye!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I still haven't heard Bangkok Dangerous. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Me Neither. But who has?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    When is the CD out again? I think it might only be on iTunes currently... confused