• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I prefer THE GOOD GERMAN, but LITTLE CHILDREN is so right and so clever. I think only Newman could have written it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    That's a true statement. But i guess it comes down to personal preference again as i'd take his pre-2003 (including) period over it anytime, even the WHITE OLEANDER fragile little gem which was mentioned before as not-such-a-good one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    So..... about that Brian Tyler...
    • CommentAuthordman
    Christodoulides wrote
    That's a true statement. But i guess it comes down to personal preference again as i'd take his pre-2003 (including) period over it anytime, even the WHITE OLEANDER fragile little gem which was mentioned before as not-such-a-good one.

You like White Oleander more than Little Children?

That's interesting, I guess I really like the theme to WO but he doesn't really do much else with the other bits. Though that's one of the few films he's scored that I haven't seen, so I could be wrong.

I definitely agree that Little Children is a very clever score. It works so well in the film.

But yeah, sorry for taking this off topic...I have nothing to add about BT.
  2. I've never really been that keen on WHITE OLEANDER myself. I think Newman's always been good, but he's gotten better at those kinds of scores as he's done more of them.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    Panthera wrote
    So..... about that Brian Tyler...

Brian who? confused

I'd actually be interested to see how the concept of Golden Age composer relates to cinema's Golden Age.

As much as I have to agree with Thor's assessment of the Golden Age of cinema, it seems that Golden Age composers (or indeed composing) has become more or less divorced from the specific time frame/studio modus operandi.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Wow. Just wow. What interesting twists this discussion has taken. The other day I was talking about it over coffee with Brian Tyler and Bernard Herrmann, then Thomas Newman called on Bennie's cellphone to mention the blacklisting of the Golden Age. Did you know Herrmann's ringtone is CutThroat Island? Anyways, at the end of lunch Brian picked up the bill and apologized for War.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apologies for messing up wars are always good.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    lmao

Funny. If not entirely realistic.

For indeed, the carbonite slab would have to be dipped in guacamole and tossed into a pit of snails for the apology for Jar Jar Binks to be truly accepted.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited
    Ok Tyler fans, try to watch "The Lazarus Project". Let´s see what you think of Brian´s score after his recent bunch of action works. I´ve loved the total change of style in this one.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    I want the score! Is the movie any good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can see why directors and producers like to hire him, he seems like such an easy-going, cool guy. Plus he's an atheist, so he's alright in my books! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I want the score! Is the movie any good?

It is simply good, nothing more. Although I have to admit I´ve liked Paul Walker´s performance for the first time ever. I´ve watched only for Tyler´s score, and it´s been worthwhile, the score is really interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I liked Paul Walker in Running Scared. In fact I pretty much everything about Running Scared, including Mark Isham's gritty score. I really hadn't seen Paul Walker before, but now I look forward to more from him.
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    I really loved Brian's Final Cut score and hope that the Lazarus Project score will be a similar in nature. I think drama is one area Tyler needs to focus on right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Krish4479 wrote
    I really loved Brian's Final Cut score and hope that the Lazarus Project score will be a similar in nature. I think drama is one area Tyler needs to focus on right now.

Well The Lazarus Project is not as melodic as The Final Cut. It has a main theme with diferent instrumentations and so, but the rest of the score is more background music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009
    Although a pretty standard, mediocre collection of underscore, Varese is releasing THE LAZARUS PROJECT.

Cd appears in CD UNIVERSE and AMAZON.com, thanks to TJ for the heads up! beer

THE LAZARUS PROJECT
    by Brian Tyler, Due on Feb. 3, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Lazarus-Project-O … amp;sr=1-5
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009
    And:

THE LAZARUS PROJECT
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Brian Tyler

With parole almost behind him, Ben (Paul Walker) can't believe how much he has to be thankful for: a beautiful wife, an adorable little girl and a steady paycheck. Life is good. But when he unexpectedly loses his job, Ben foolishly turns back to crime, joining his ex-con brother (Shawn Hatosy) in a robbery with deadly consequences. Suddenly facing a lethal injection, Ben must say goodbye to his family and prepare himself for the worst. But his death sentence isn't quite what it seems, as Ben regains consciousness near an eerie psychiatric ward, where he's told he's been hired as the groundskeeper. With the state of his soul in question, and the love for his wife and daughter all the more real and powerful, Ben must figure out if he's truly cheated death, or if he's become part of something far more sinister.

The score is a strikingly beautiful and hypnotic work by composer Brian Tyler (Eagle Eye).

The Lazarus Project is now available on DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 948 2
    Release Date: 02/03/09
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009
    "The score is a strikingly beautiful and hypnotic work by composer Brian Tyler (Eagle Eye)"

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009 edited
    I watched Eagle Eye yesterday; it has to be the best mixed and edited Brian Tyler score for an action film. Every single cue shines and can be heard/enjoyed despite the sound FX. I can only imagine how much fun had Tyler scoring this one. The last twenty minutes of the film (featuring the "Operation Guillotine" and "Potus 111" tracks) are a pleasure to your ears/eyes. Special mention for the "Ladders" and "Clutch then Shift" sequences.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    Is the movie any good or a waste of time?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

A title like "Eagle Eye" and you have to ask!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Actually I had a lot of fun, but be warned: Eagle Eye is over the top since minute one. Shut down your brain, open your eyes and pay attention to Tyler´s party. If you follow the instructions, you may like it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Nice. When i'm in the mood for big-ass brainless action, i am sure i'll enjoy this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nice. When i'm in the mood for big-ass brainless action, i am sure i'll enjoy this!

That´s exactly what Eagle Eye is.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That´s exactly what Eagle Eye is.

Is it as fun as RAMBO?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I really, really enjoyed Eagle Eye and it's easily one of my top 5 films of 2008. It's completely and utterly ridiculous but it's awesome. The ending contains the trademark Spielberg cheesiness but it's forgivable.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited
    Dragonball session photos. Hats off to Tyler for being the only composer I know of who actively uses Facebook. Hats off to Tyler for having a Ferrari. Hats to to Tyler full stop. cool
  4. Actually, David Arnold is chattable with (done that), so is John Ottman and Deborah Lurie, who is one of the coolest persons I've ever chatted with (though interestingly, mostly about dogs).

I also had two or three chats with Jeff Rona and Jane Antonia Cornish, both very nice people.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website