• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … %2D948%2D2

The Lazarus Project Score Release by Brian Tyler from Varese Sarabande.

Covers and Track listing
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    The Lazarus Project has been pushed back, yet again, to March 3, 2009.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … %2D948%2D2

The Lazarus Project Score Release by Brian Tyler from Varese Sarabande.

Covers and Track listing

Yeah! Floating head! rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *Sigh*

Why can't Varese start releasing the GOOD STUFF already...like LOST?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    *Sigh*

They've released about twelve billion hours of music from Lost and you can almost guarantee there'll be more on the way. It's not like they have a meeting and say "OK, so we can either release another fifteen hours of Lost or we can do The Lazarus Project" - it's not one or the other.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Just before the holidays, composer Brian Tyler was at the Newman Scoring Stage at Fox to record his new score to the upcoming anticipated live-action adaptation of Dragonball, directed by James Wong. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring you the exclusive photos from the action-packed scoring session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    dgoldwas wrote
    Just before the holidays, composer Brian Tyler was at the Newman Scoring Stage at Fox to record his new score to the upcoming anticipated live-action adaptation of Dragonball, directed by James Wong. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring you the exclusive photos from the action-packed scoring session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!

Sweet! beer

Oh, and "percussive", "big" and "Goldsmithian"? Can´t wait! lick lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    *Sigh*

They've released about twelve billion hours of music from Lost and you can almost guarantee there'll be more on the way. It's not like they have a meeting and say "OK, so we can either release another fifteen hours of Lost or we can do The Lazarus Project" - it's not one or the other.

Overstatement of the year! They've only released 4 hours 43 minutes and 33 seconds of Lost music, which by my books in no way near enough! tongue

Why wouldn't they rather release 15 more hours of Lost over The Lazarus Project?! Who is going to buy TLP? I've never heard of the film, it's not Tyler in action mode, and judging from D's comments it's mostly drone. I suspect Lost is one of their better selling releases as it has a much bigger audience than most movies do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    *Sigh*

Overstatement of the year! They've only released 4 hours 43 minutes and 33 seconds of Lost music, which by my books in no way near enough! tongue

Why wouldn't they rather release 15 more hours of Lost over The Lazarus Project?! Who is going to buy TLP? I've never heard of the film, it's not Tyler in action mode, and judging from D's comments it's mostly drone. I suspect Lost is one of their better selling releases as it has a much bigger audience than most movies do.

Yes, but releasing this score (in which I have zero interest, just to be clear!) is not at the expense of releasing Lost.

Given how much music we already have from Lost - and how actually, three of the four long CDs which have already been released are so similar to each other I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, and the fourth one exposes the fact that the music isn't all that interesting apart from in compilation form - I don't suppose there's all that much audience left for more. I'm sure plenty of people would buy it, but there must be diminishing returns by now.

If we're going to go into "why would they release this when they could release..." then let's have a great Jerry Goldsmith score like The List of Adrian Messenger or a great John Williams score like Black Sunday or the promised land of Spartacus before we come to something like more music from Lost! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah; i see your logic. But even hours of LOST are far, far better than something like Lazarus project, which would definitely not get a release if it wasn't Brian Tyler's. It's like the thousands of other similar small-scale, 90's sounding synth scores for thriller which have been produced through the years and it has absolutely nothing more than that to offer. Lost on the other hand, has; no matter if it's not exactly in your tastes' range smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah; i see your logic. But even hours of LOST are far, far better than something like Lazarus project, which would definitely not get a release if it wasn't Brian Tyler's. It's like the thousands of other similar small-scale, 90's sounding synth scores for thriller which have been produced through the years and it has absolutely nothing more than that to offer. Lost on the other hand, has; no matter if it's not exactly in your tastes' range smile

I'm not disputing the quality of Lost (not here, anyway). I'm just saying that releasing The Lazarus Project has absolutely nothing to do with releasing or not releasing Lost.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That IS true, indeed.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    I'm just saying that releasing The Lazarus Project has absolutely nothing to do with releasing or not releasing Lost.

I never said that it did. I asked why they'd rather release something like TLP over something like Lost, or anything else of good quality for that matter. Yes, it will be cheaper, but it's not going to make half as much money anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    I'm just saying that releasing The Lazarus Project has absolutely nothing to do with releasing or not releasing Lost.

I never said that it did. I asked why they'd rather release something like TLP over something like Lost, or anything else of good quality for that matter. Yes, it will be cheaper, but it's not going to make half as much money anyway.

But my point is that releasing The Lazarus Project has absolutely nothing to do with releasing or not releasing Lost. What leads you to believe that they would "rather" release TLP than Lost?

I note that they didn't release any of the Star Wars prequel scores, but they did release Randy Edelman's 27 Dresses. Why would they release 27 Dresses? Surely they'd rather have released Star Wars?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Anthony wrote
    *Sigh*

I requote.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    I asked why they'd rather release something like TLP over something like Lost

I also requote.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    This is the year for Brian Tyler score releases!

the lazarus project
    plan b
    the killing room
    dragonball evolution
    fast and furious 4
    final destination: death trip 3d
    and probably even more....
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    btw, check out my site for up to date info and news about the composer and releases:

http://web.me.com/cbarrywdw03/BrianTyle … Intro.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009 edited
    [edit]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We shall anxiously await a return to form and theme.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009
    Well here's the first:

DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Brian Tyler

Dragonball: Evolution is based on the popular Japanese manga created by Akira Toriyama, whose work spawned best selling graphic novels, video games and a phenomenally successful television series. The live action adventure centers on a team of warriors, each of whom possesses a special power. Together, they protect Earth from an evil rogue bent on dominating the Universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

The film features an epic fantasy score by composer Brian Tyler.

20th Century Fox opens DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION on April 10, 2009.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 954 2
    Release Date: 03/17/09
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote

For once, I trust in Varese´s description. Can´t wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Another Tyler score... does he actually need to sleep? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I can't wait either. But i can't think of anything that would differentiate it from Eagle Eye and the whole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I can't wait either. But i can't think of anything that would differentiate it from Eagle Eye and the whole.

Maybe some kind of asian instrumentation / arrangements?

Whatever, but "epic", "fantasy" and "Tyler" in the same sentence are appealing enough for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think when people complain about the modern state of film music, whether justifiably or not, IMO Tyler's scores are the epitome of modern scoring. Fun, but not much depth.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas wrote
    Another Tyler score... does he actually need to sleep? biggrin

No...his Ferrari sleeps for him... dizzy wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009
    Steven wrote
    I think when people complain about the modern state of film music, whether justifiably or not, IMO Tyler's scores are the epitome of modern scoring. Fun, but not much depth.

All noise and no substance!

I seriously doubt Tyler and many more will be remembered 50 years or less from now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009
    Movie's blog with lots of goodies:

http://dbthemovie.com/
  1. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

All noise and no substance!

I seriously doubt Tyler and many more will be remembered 50 years or less from now.

That's what I've been saying for quite a while now.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website