• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    Purpose reached then. biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    According to the composer himself, the score to Law Abiding Citizen will be available on iTunes and other digital retailers this Tuesday Oct 13th.

Here's the CD cover:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EuFQwtxwhtw/S … 8172_n.jpg
  1. one of those examples that would have been put on bootleg a couple of years ago
    now at least there's the download option, which I think we can be grateful for today
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, but it also means less scores actually coming out as CD releases, from what i see around.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, but it also means less scores actually coming out as CD releases, from what i see around.

that's of course the downside, but that still means we can get it in good quality, and commercially legal
    and that's good
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, but now commercial legal has absolutely zero difference than the pirated copy, if you catch my drift wink There isn't the booklet and its smell, the CD itself to guarantee a purchase. To tempt you.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Indeed, but now commercial legal has absolutely zero difference than the pirated copy, if you catch my drift wink There isn't the booklet and its smell, the CD itself to guarantee a purchase. To tempt you.

yeah I know, but still something is better than nothing I suppose
    but let's just hope CD's will never vanquish forever
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't actually disagree with you my friend, just observing. There's practically no difference now between the legal and the illegal and the companies should give it a really good thought if they're going to vanish cd forever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    Brian Tyler "Mechanical Mind" from Law Abiding Citizen

Brian Tyler conducts his piece from the film "Law Abiding Citizen" at the Sony Scoring Stage. The soundtrack is available from Downtown Music at iTunes and amazon.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssKbm3lDA-Y
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Update on LAW ABIDING CITIZEN: Apart from iTunes, the score for Law Abiding Citizen will be available on amazon.com disc on demand next week along with downloadable versions of the soundtrack on iTunes and other digital retailers on 13/10/2009.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So the question remains when's it coming out on Rapidshare?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Teh same day i guess wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Damn those scurvy internet pirates!

:pirate:

Dammit we need a pirate emoticon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    Update on LAW ABIDING CITIZEN: Apart from iTunes, the score for Law Abiding Citizen will be available on amazon.com disc on demand next week along with downloadable versions of the soundtrack on iTunes and other digital retailers on 13/10/2009.

Not bad. Looking forward to it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    Could somebody go to the iTunes page for Law Abiding Citizen and read all the five-star reviews and my response to them and see if you agree that something suspicious is going on there?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    I tried to listen to it yesterday, reached half the CD and was a tiny bit from getting asleep in the bus while getting to work! Such a snoozer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Did you expect otherwise?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not really i guess.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009
    How does this compare to his most recent works?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's like Bangkok Dangerous' calmer parts, only less inspired and more repetitive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I agree. 40 minutes of Law Abiding Citizen would have been more than enough (although I like it, I have to admit I have a thing for Tyler´s music). On the other hand, it didn´t bother me at all the long Bangkok Dangerous release.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009
    Interesting video for Tyler fans, with montage from scenes from his films set on various pieces he wrote for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO45Dr_N … r_embedded
  4. Silently, Varese brought us their second batch of ultra limited releases

The Killing Room
    Limited edition of 1000 copies.

CDs expected to begin shipping by Nov. 20
    Music by Brian Tyler

Chloë Sevigny
    Peter Stormare
    Clea DuVall
    Timothy Hutton
    Nick Cannon
    Shea Whigham

With the goal of earning some extra cash, four unwitting volunteers sign up for what they believe is just another paid research study. Instead, they embark upon the worst night of their lives, becoming pawns in a deadly, classified government program that was thought to have been terminated more than 20 years earlier. As a group, they are presented with a series of questions and a finite window of time by which each of them must submit a unique numerical answer. Presumably the subject who is furthest from the correct response will be "removed" from the experiment. They soon come to realize that, in this lethal psychological game, the correct answer is not always the right one. Behind the scenes, the mysterious and brooding Dr. Phillips (Peter Stormare) deviously pulls the strings as the most recent addition to his team, military psychologist Ms. Reilly (Chloë Sevigny), is emotionally torn by her first assignment. Director Jonathan Liebesman takes the viewer on a dark and suspenseful ride into the depths of the human mind, meticulously revealing pieces of the puzzle along the way. The sterile and safe environment he initially creates quickly deteriorates into an unstable madhouse as average civilians must make seemingly impossible choices to survive.

The psychological and disturbing score is from Brian Tyler (Eagle Eye, Fast And Furious).

1. Begin (5:22)
    2. Falling (1:22)
    3. Liberty (3:18)
    4. Memoriam (6:12)
    5. Propaganda (5:49)
    6. Invocation (7:42)
    7. Subversion (2:27)
    8. Disinformation (2:15)
    9. Providence (3:22)
    10. Agenda (4:47)
    11. Dissidents (4:21)
    12. Ecclesia (2:42)
    13. Adagio Spiritiso (9:57)
    14. Denouement (3:30)
    15. End (6:38)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    I doubt I'll get it (have been burned too many times on Tyler scores now to contemplate buying any more) but what a gorgeous cover!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Southall wrote
    what a gorgeous cover!

....for a really good movie.

I´m curious though; the Berlin Heiliger Choir is credited in the back cover but I don´t remember a single choral cue in the movie. "Adagio Spiritiso" is a very fine cue by the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Never heard of the movie. Sounds like it might be worth a chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    It is. It hasn´t been released in cinemas outside festivals though. Wait for the DVD, or use the alternate sources wink
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Well, couldn't resist... ordered.
    Beside, you can hear some choral material in the sound clips over at www.colosseum.de, in track 15, if I'm not mistaken...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009 edited
    Brian Tyler hasn't wowed me in a long time, but those clips of The Killing Room over at Varese Sarabande sound really good. Seems like this is the kind of project where he can finally show his talents and another sound than what we've been hearing lately - like Bug and his original Constantine score. Choir? Violin and cello solo's? Long tracks? I'm seriously thinking of ordering this one!

By the way, I'm sure some choir also creeps in at the first track.