• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009
    It sounds very unlike him!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009
    I am currently impressed by Brian Tyler's "KILLING ROOM" original score, with its moody and melancholic textures, long string lines reminiscent of The Thin Red Line (Zimmer) and the impressive string work overall as well as the enchanting choral sound colors that sent to John Williams' A.I or even Goldenthal in places. Deeply captivating work, very interesting release. Congrats!

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=13154
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009
    Brian Tyler at "Keeping Score" CD and Book Signing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1zqIu0n20
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009 edited
    "Here I am...breaking the law...driving my Ferrari while I have earphones on".

Hmph, how irresponsible. wink

He does seem like a top guy though.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2009
    Does anyone else who owns the cd of the killing room by brian tyler have a glithced end credits track?
    chris
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Glitched? How bad is it?
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    the last 2 minutes of my end credits track is glitched pops and skips the cd is that way. i played it on 3 different machines and in my car. does anyone elses do this?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    the last 2 minutes of my end credits track is glitched pops and skips the cd is that way. i played it on 3 different machines and in my car. does anyone elses do this?

Christodoulides wrote
    Yeap.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Well, I should get my CD tomorrow... If the End Credits are glitched, then it obviousely is a production failure and we should knock on Varese's "door" for that...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think it's a rip glitch, otherwise the Internet world would not shut up about this already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'm about to listen to my CD right now, I can tell you afterwards.
  1. WDWGuy08 wrote

Quite a few people over at FSM are complaining about this, so I'd say it's a defective run.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    WDWGuy08 wrote

Quite a few people over at FSM are complaining about this, so I'd say it's a defective run.

Quite a few don't have any problem at all though...
  2. A partially defective run then...
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I heard a few minor ticks when the strings reach their climax near the end, yet that can also be heard earlier on in the score. I had preferred it if they weren't there, but it's not a big deal. Did anyone else hear the background talking, by the way, halfway through? I can't say which track, but it's as if you can hear, way in the distance, the film for a few seconds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I heard what i thought it was clicks and cracks from a chair or something during the recordings...creepy stuff wink

How did you like the score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edit: i just saw your now playing post. I agree, although the Goldenthal color is evident, it's a surprisingly good thriller, dark score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009 edited
    It's a bit of Golthenthal and even a bit of Zimmers The Ring, at least to my ears, but the whole context in which those references are placed is strong enough that you don't care. It's all seamless part of a bigger atmosphere that's drawn from more influences yet is at the same time entirely his.
  3. Maybe the apparent glitches are some new and innovative technique pioneered by Tyler?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A bit like the cat smell on the Star Trek album perhaps?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

the what!?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote

Exactly like that, I suspect!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

What's so odd about that?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

EXTREMELY unlikely (if you mean that it might be some sort of "anti-piracy" device:
    1) it's not trackable
    2) it's only at the very end of the album, rendering just ONE track partially listenable (as opposed to corrupting every single track, as they used to flood the P2P netowrks with during the old Napster days).

This really seems like an Occam's Razor: one faulty rip, propagated through torrents, P2P and UseNet ad infinitum.
    And as Bob already attested to: the CD does seem damaged in some cases (which would explain the faulty rip).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

EXTREMELY unlikely (if you mean that it might be some sort of "anti-piracy" device:

I didn't mean that. I meant the person who made the first rip from which all these people have got their copies didn't rip it properly (just as the first person who did Star Trek spelt the track name wrong), which is also what you've said. Of course, that might be entirely wrong and everyone has acquired the CD through entirely legitimate means, in which case I unreservedly apologise!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    dizzy
    Sorry!
    Misunderstood.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Jealous

Now I know why does he take projects like Dragonball or The Final Destination. Good for him.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If you get to buy cool shit like that then who cares what the project is!