• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2014
    biggrin

I should also point out that these times can depend on a persons individual metabolism, after a while you'll know when you feel right for exercise. Those timings are loosely mine, yours may well be faster.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    For anyone just tuning in, this thread is about rock drummer Brian Tyler. No, really!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2014 edited
    Sigh. Why did you have to bring up my other favorite subject.

If it's a shorter, more intense workout, raw honey is great for that, if you can get it. Especially sublingually, if you need the sugar hit really fast. Unlike most other sugars, honey has the glucose (energy) portion and the fructose (other random shit) portion already separated, so it absorbs faster, since your body doesn't have to break it down like other carbs.

An even cooler trick if you need sustained energy for a long workout, is to get some chia seeds, stir them into about 10x their volume in water until they expand, then blend in raw honey, and drink. The gel-coating of the chia seeds acts like a buffer to slow digestion, so you then have this blob of easily-absorbable energy sliding through your body for hours, powering you up with steady energy. The fiber in chia seeds is also great for bowel health, and they even have omega-3s to make your skin nicer and lubricate your joints.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hmm, I'll bear that in mind. I think my problem is eating at the right times, as I tend to work out at the same time each day regardless when or what I've eaten. Sometimes I've just given up because I know I won't have any energy to lift anything!

Oh, also, Brian Tyler.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014 edited
    Tyler on the new Avengers film, http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/03/19 … of-ultron/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014
    Well at least Henry Jackman isn't doing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014
    INTO THE STORM, new release coming up from varese

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … orm/Detail
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
  1. Is it just me or does some of the brass in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sound fake/sampled? I'm used to that shit coming from the RC boys, but I wouldn't have thought that this particular plague would ever affect Tyler. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2014
    Nope.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. So far it's only bothered me in the first track. Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me...
  3. Other than that small issue and the fact that the theme is straight off the Brian Tyler Basic Heroic Anthem Factory Line, this is a heck of an entertaining action score. I don't think I've heard this much inventiveness and flair in a Tyler score since Eagle Eye. Check out that brass at 3:10 of "Turtles United"! That's almost Matrix-like! punk

But then that theme comes on...gaah. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Definitely did not think that about the brass. It's one of his most boldly symphonic scores to date. And that wonderful choir!

I saw Into The Storm this morning and Tyler's score was...not great. There is a neat little theme for the badass storm chasing truck, militaristic and a little more creative than Tyler's usual drek...but then there was a tragic/sad theme for the tornado victims and destroyed landscapes and it was nauseatingly cliche...it was worse than anything in TMNT...might be the worst theme I've ever heard. *sigh*
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wasn't that warm to the Turtles theme on my first listen, but really grows on you. It's not particularly original, but it works. That first track is one of the best cues of 2014.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Check out that brass at 3:10 of "Turtles United"! That's almost Matrix-like! punk

Yeah, and other parts that remind me of Joel McNeely's (brilliant, brilliant) Soldier - which I suspect means both McNeely and Tyler were inspired by the same classical source. Don't know what that might be though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In fact it's probably John Adams, isn't it? Tyler's said how much he likes Adams and in fact that's where The Matrix sound comes from too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes, something was bugging me about TMNT, when I listen again I'll figure out where the "rip" is from.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I wasn't that warm to the Turtles theme on my first listen, but really grows on you. It's not particularly original, but it works. That first track is one of the best cues of 2014.

I concur! beer
  4. Southall wrote
    In fact it's probably John Adams, isn't it? Tyler's said how much he likes Adams and in fact that's where The Matrix sound comes from too.

John Adams it likely is. "Short Ride in a Fast Machine" more specifically.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014 edited
    I wouldn't call it symphonic and yes, it sounds too artificial to my ears as well; I know a full orchestra was used, but i find this score (as many others these days) struggling to stay both modern and orchestral as well; overall it's loud and all over the place, i feel it's one of those quickly-loved but also quickly-forgotten Tyler scores. Expendables was utterly horrible to listen to but i haven't heard INTO THE STORM yet. Anyone?
  5. My review of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, for anyone interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/08/12/teena … ian-tyler/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014
    Main theme is quite awesome and kick-ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD9Po27DjFk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sure, it's a pretty OK theme.

But I want to hear more of the easygoing, less percussive Tyler that I heard in STANDING UP a couple of years ago.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    His KILLING ROOM score is one of the best and mostly overlooked things he has written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2014
    Brian Tyler Creates New Music for ESPN’s NFL Studio Shows, this guy loves logo themes wink http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/09/04 … dio-shows/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Is Brian Tyler scoring Wolf Totem? Has anyone heard anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not sure, we need to find out more about that project.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote
    Is Brian Tyler scoring Wolf Totem? Has anyone heard anything?

Yes, I've heard Nino Muly and Junke XL will team-up on this one.