• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2016
  1. how can you give this 2 stars? It's dark crap!
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2016
    Fucking awesome smile Brian Tyler on BBC One "BBC Breakfast" show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXnM8X0Xk_Y
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Typically clueless BBC presenters, next to the typically cool Tyler. I can assure you, we're not all this lame in Britain. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know, i visited London for over a week lately and had a great time, loved everything. Will reschedule soon next year hopefully!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I can assure you, we're not all this lame in Britain. slant

I shall come and start the inquest tomorrow, make a proper assessment and pass judgement.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    What the fuck did I just watch?! That wasn't an interview!

Someone needs to sit Bill Turnbull down and give him a good fucking talking to after that performance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2016 edited
    Yeah, embarassing interview. I certainly don't hope this is the standard of British talk show hosts (even morning show hosts). When the male host starts humming the TWIN PEAKS theme (sort of), that's a facepalm moment right there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's the talk show equivalent of Dad Dancing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    LSH wrote

Someone needs to sit Bill Turnbull down and give him a good fucking talking to after that performance.

In Bill Turnbull's defence, that isn't him.

Really looking forward to the concert...
  2. Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

It's Charlie Stayt, and I've heard rumours that he did such a good job that he's been asked to 'compare' the concert. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Listening to my own playlist in anticipation of the concert on Friday. Almost 3.5 hours of favourites, but I have a good idea of what I'm hoping to hear.

Main hopes are to hear something from Children of Dune and Timeline, along with the more recent 'blockbusters' such as Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World. I see that there's a Fast and Furious franchise suite and I am hoping that Fast Five will feature prominently.

A lot of Tyler's action scoring can be interchangeable between films, so I'd like to see something from Battle: Los Angeles to cover that.

And to break up the action scoring, pieces from the likes of Frailty, Annapolis, Columbus Circle, The Greatest Game Ever Played, Godsend and The Final Cut would be good.

And maybe something from Darkness Falls, Terror Tract or Bubba Ho-Tep are likely to be outside shouts.

Oh, and there's also Rambo, Call of Duty: MW3, Into The Storm, The Hunted...how long's the concert?

I see that Superman's part of the John Williams but hoping for some Star Wars. (I don't think that I have heard any Williams live yet.)

Looking forward to this!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2016
    Tyler handled it well, much more confidently than Hans Zimmer's recent BBC interview where he seemed very nervy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eh? I'm sure it'll be crowd pleasing but why is there any John Williams there? uhm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    Tyler handled it well, much more confidently than Hans Zimmer's recent BBC interview where he seemed very nervy.

He did! I liked how he looked around the studio, arms outstretched, looking for help. Good sense of humour and very laid back.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Eh? I'm sure it'll be crowd pleasing but why is there any John Williams there? uhm

I think that it's because Williams' music was such an influence on him when he was young. I assume that in his first concert he wants to mark the influence in some way.
  6. Or to sell tickets.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah wink
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Listening to my own playlist in anticipation of the concert on Friday. Almost 3.5 hours of favourites, but I have a good idea of what I'm hoping to hear.

Main hopes are to hear something from Children of Dune and Timeline, along with the more recent 'blockbusters' such as Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World. I see that there's a Fast and Furious franchise suite and I am hoping that Fast Five will feature prominently.

A lot of Tyler's action scoring can be interchangeable between films, so I'd like to see something from Battle: Los Angeles to cover that.

And to break up the action scoring, pieces from the likes of Frailty, Annapolis, Columbus Circle, The Greatest Game Ever Played, Godsend and The Final Cut would be good.

And maybe something from Darkness Falls, Terror Tract or Bubba Ho-Tep are likely to be outside shouts.

Oh, and there's also Rambo, Call of Duty: MW3, Into The Storm, The Hunted...how long's the concert?

I see that Superman's part of the John Williams but hoping for some Star Wars. (I don't think that I have heard any Williams live yet.)

Looking forward to this!

In a way I'm glad it's Superman for a change, not always Star Wars. Superman was actually the theme I missed the most last time we had a John Williams concert in Belgium. Soo Hooray for Brian to pick that one. smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

my 'fucking awesome' comment obviously went for Brian Tyler on bbc wink not the interview itself. let us know how the concert goes! So envious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I think that it's because Williams' music was such an influence on him when he was young. I assume that in his first concert he wants to mark the influence in some way.

I'm fairly certain it's this, mainly. He's often cited Williams (and Star Wars) for starting him on his career path. It's a lovely gesture and nod, I think.

And I'm sure it doesn't hurt ticket sales to add a few crowd pleasers. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. I was looking at the RFH website yesterday and there did seem to be a lot of tickets still available. That's a shame but it's not going to spoil the night.
  9. Timmer wrote

Hans is very shy. There is a bit of a "what am I doing here/please don't kill me" attitude in his body language.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, that makes sense Pawel.
  10. Thor wrote
    Yeah, embarassing interview. I certainly don't hope this is the standard of British talk show hosts (even morning show hosts). When the male host starts humming the TWIN PEAKS theme (sort of), that's a facepalm moment right there.

Yeah, that's Charlie Stayt. He has a tendency to ask a question, then sort of answer it himself, adding half a dozen of examples, then rephrasing the question.... then somehow expects the guest to make any sense of that and provide an answer that doesn't include everything Charlie has already said himself. He is THE shittest interviewer I know.

Honestly, I am amazed he didn't ask about Brian's hair.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2016 edited
    He's certainly doing the promotion tour today: on 'Steve Wright in the Afternoon' on BBC Radio 2 before 4 and then on 'In Tune' on BBC Radio 3 after 4:30pm!

When is he finding time to rehearse?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Feel free to post updates on the concert and especially any social mingling at this event. I'm sad I couldn't attend, but I'll live vicariously through you guys.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    We are 24 hours from both the concert and Tulsa.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I was looking at the RFH website yesterday and there did seem to be a lot of tickets still available. That's a shame but it's not going to spoil the night.

It is a shame. There aren't nearly as many of these composer-conducting-his-own-film-music concerts as there used to be when Williams, Goldsmith, Bernstein etc did it all the time. The film-with-live-orchestra ones really don't appeal to me, and they seem to be all the rage (and not struggle with ticket sales).
  11. I did see a tweet from someone who said that there were 'few tickets available' so hopefully there's been a surge in sales.