• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    final destination came today, not my favorite Tyler score. Seems like theres a lot of atmospheric stuff, but there are some great action tracks, such as "The Movie Theater"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009
    LAW ABIDING CITIZEN

recording session photos on his facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8 … amp;ref=nf
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009
    Dude, Where's My Steak? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    recording session video from law abiding citizen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIos20EpS18
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited
    Removed by the user. Someone (wonder who? wink) didn't like it being posted on ut obviously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Since yesterday I' m a bIg fan of Brian Tyler.

he cando : experimental scores (Bug), minimalistic (Lazarus project), electronic (Bangkog dangerous), power anthems (timeline), etnhic (Partition), furios orchestral homenages (AVP:requiem) and of course horror scores.

the problem is he works too much, he edits too much music, and he orchestrates too much....You don't have enough "time" to assimimilate too much things.

But with Giacchino , Tyler is one of the big promises in Hollywood ( Powell is not a promise, it already is )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Since yesterday? smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Since yesterday I' m a bIg fan of Brian Tyler.

he cando : experimental scores (Bug), minimalistic (Lazarus project), electronic (Bangkog dangerous), power anthems (timeline), etnhic (Partition), furios orchestral homenages (AVP:requiem) and of course horror scores.

the problem is he works too much, he edits too much music, and he orchestrates too much....You don't have enough "time" to assimimilate too much things.

But with Giacchino , Tyler is one of the big promises in Hollywood ( Powell is not a promise, it already is )

I feel the opposite, about 7 or 8 yrs ago I thought we were going to see the next big composer but instead we have yet another unoriginal generic noise generator. I do quite enjoy some of his work but I can honestly say that if I never heard any of it again I wouldn't miss it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I feel the opposite, about 7 or 8 yrs ago I thought we were going to see the next big composer but instead we have yet another unoriginal generic noise generator. I do quite enjoy some of his work but I can honestly say that if I never heard any of it again I wouldn't miss it.

He's been pretty much the biggest disappointment in film music in the last decade for me. He started off so very brightly but now just churns out largely undistinguished stuff which, while one might call "not bad", has just never reached the quality of his early work. I'd much rather listen to one of his scores than a generic RC score, but he's capable of better than he has provided over the last few years. (And I can't think of a single other major film composer in history with so many blatant temp-track rips as he manages. Only John Debney would come close.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think he's capable for much more. He' s on a creativity pause more likely, just like Debney (the latter seem to be taking much longer, admittedly).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Who knows? Maybe he'll show the real extent of his 'chops' if he gets an Lawrence of Arabia, a 2001, an Out of Africa....something with scope for music to score!? Then we'll know if he's really got something or he's just the kings new clothes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it's very possible 'cause his outcome wasn't like that initially. It was after he got known and got way more and more projects to score each year that he either 1) didn't have enough time to be inventive with all those scores or 2) was hired exactly for the "cool" and modern orchestral sound he got to be known for or even both.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think he's capable for much more. He' s on a creativity pause more likely, just like Debney (the latter seem to be taking much longer, admittedly).

When you think that the only scores by Debney that attract all that much praise (Cutthroat Island and Passion of the Christ) are both hugely influenced by other composers' styles, one might argue that he's always been on a "creativity pause"!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Not only Tyler is working far too much, he is working in really bad movies. he needs to take again some direction to his career. he needs to calm down a little bit, and not score every single script he got.

Probably he could care more about his orchestrations (Not being so over the top all the time) and taking more time with the melodic and thematic composition.

PS: The Final Destination has 4 additional arrangers and programmers....that what happen when you are too busy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

When you think that the only scores by Debney that attract all that much praise (Cutthroat Island and Passion of the Christ) are both hugely influenced by other composers' styles, one might argue that he's always been on a "creativity pause"!

And Passion. True point though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Not only Tyler is working far too much, he is working in really bad movies. he needs to take again some direction to his career. he needs to calm down a little bit, and not score every single script he got.

Probably he could care more about his orchestrations (Not being so over the top all the time) and taking more time with the melodic and thematic composition.

PS: The Final Destination has 4 additional arrangers and programmers....that what happen when you are too busy.

He's a bit taken by the whole publicity / Hollywood craze i think.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    new link for the recording session video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojy2N7AYq44
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    WDWGuy08 wrote

Tyler is watching you! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    Oh....And What happened with John powell who Composed Italian Job and Be Cool?
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    Nautilus wrote
    WDWGuy08 wrote

Tyler is watching you! shocked

what do you mean?
  1. When was A Man Apart filmed? I think in between Italian Job and Be Cool and that one was scored by Anne Dudley.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    if you are referring to him posting the link to the session video after i did then he probably is and hey i don't mind hehe...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Ah, Brian Tyler... I think he has great potential, I really enjoyed his score for Darkness Falls, ballsy, brassy, aggressive. Frailty was nice too. However, I think he needs to cut down the overbearing musical avalances, because its sometimes too much. (noise) Often less is more. I still think he has the goods though. And I have a lot of respect for him, composing, orchestrating, and playing, humming, singing, drumming etc.

Oh yeah, I like his score for that minor Bruce Lee spoof movie too. Very wicked/goofy.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Talos wrote
    have a lot of respect for him, composing, orchestrating, and playing, humming, singing, drumming etc.

yeah, that's what I had a Tyler Week trying to really appreciate his works. And it worked!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Brian Tyler confirms ‘The Expendables’

Brian Tyler, one of the busiest composers in Hollywood, has confirmed a number of upcoming projects to MovieScore Magazine. He is doing the music for Sylvester Stallone’s new action film, The Expendables, starring Stallone himself and other action stars such as Jason Stathma, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren and Eric Roberts.

For more info visit http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/09/b … pendables/
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Brian Tyler confirms ‘The Expendables’

Brian Tyler, one of the busiest composers in Hollywood, has confirmed a number of upcoming projects to MovieScore Magazine. He is doing the music for Sylvester Stallone’s new action film, The Expendables, starring Stallone himself and other action stars such as Jason Stathma, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren and Eric Roberts.

For more info visit http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/09/b … pendables/

Yeap, he comfirmed to me in facebood yesterday.

he told me too,that my theory about how he makes the albums is wrong :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

Then, you ARE wrong. Definitely.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

That made my day!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!