• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2011
    Saw the clip. Just your typical crazy paparazzi thing. It sounded like one of them had multiple orgasms just by looking at Cameron walking down the street. Geez, I've never understood that kind of fanaticism.

In any case, it was interesting how Tyler was the "anonymous third wheel" in the company of Cameron & Paxton. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  1. PawelStroinski wrote
    But also scored The Greatest Game Ever Played by Paxton and the main theme is a rip-off of Legends of the Fall biggrin I think Horner COULD sue there...

Funny, bit I like Tyler's score more than Horner's. Rip-off in the right direction then!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Most. Annoying. Clip. Of. The. Year. They should just walk on and don't react to anything, those people are a nuisance and have the most worthless job ever invented.

"What's new? What's new? What's new? What's new? What's new?" :puke:
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A plus for Tyler being a composer. No one cares who he is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011 edited
    Anthony wrote
    A plus for Tyler being a composer. No one cares who he is.

That's exactly what I think he thought at that moment.

Bill Paxton was more than nice to the guys stalking them, specially with the 'Titanic 2' stupid, lame question. Kudos to him for his patience and sense of humour.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011
    BobdH wrote
    Most. Annoying. Clip. Of. The. Year. They should just walk on and don't react to anything, those people are a nuisance and have the most worthless job ever invented.

The paps do what they do and on the whole celebs are fair game, what I don't like is when it gets intrusive, there's really no excuse for the "pervy" shots that down-market rags pay these guys for shots looking up stars dresses as they get out of limos etc, titilation at it's lowest common denominator.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote

When the media / public / paparazzi attention dries off, a lot of those celebs sink down drugs and alcohol abuse and end up dead in a cheap dirty motel room. It's a feed me to feed you industry. Celebs are nothing without their fame, sadly.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    When the media / public / paparazzi attention dries off, a lot of those celebs sink down drugs and alcohol abuse and end up dead in a cheap dirty motel room. It's a feed me to feed you industry. Celebs are nothing without their fame, sadly.

Call me naive, but I still think celebrities are able to be famous, make lots of money and be cast in films without paparazzi making pictures of them in their private lives. I think it's that kind of attention that drives them to drug abuse and death in a dirty, cheap motel, if you ask me. You hardly ever see a director (or composer, for that matter) go down that route.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's very pessimistic D, it's only a tiny minority who end up dead through drugs/alcohol abuse.

There are/were plenty of stars who don't/didn't actively seek public attention away from their work, Harrison Ford, Paul Newman, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Meryl Streep all spring to mind.

p.s. Can I please see some names for the celebs who died in cheap dirty motel rooms?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. David Carradine.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011
    PawelStroinski wrote
    David Carradine.

Celebs, Pawel, not Celeb.
  3. Where did Elvis die? THough that rather wasn't cheap and dirty...

Carradine was the only name I could think of.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Elvis died on the can, but Elvis was never short of attention.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2011 edited
    Here is a video of Tyler conducting and performing a cue from Five Fast Furious Road Warriors 8

Nothing earth shattering... we've heard this all before. I kind wish composers would step out side of the box a bit and write some interesting orchestral colors to back all the banging and crashing... you know, sorta like THIS! Now THAT gets the blood pumping!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011
    It's awesome. Nothing groundbreaking indeed but i love it! It's adrenaline, pump-fueled !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLdFNLH-xQM
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sounds generic as hell, but I'll see the movie before making my final opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bought on cd via amazon, just now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's awesome. Nothing groundbreaking indeed but i love it! It's adrenaline, pump-fueled !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLdFNLH-xQM

I agree, I also like it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bought on cd via amazon, just now.

You mean right now... at this very moment? Cool! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    Ah my friend forgive my naive excitement but if you can not remember the last Time you bought a cd before then you are guaranteed to jump around like a child when you finally get around a bunch !
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011 edited
    I can recall the last time I bought a CD but I don't think I would be going bananas over Five Knuckle Chuckle Street Fury 7.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    Each to his own smile
    • CommentAuthorbebble
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011
    was just on brian's website and found this -- the movie 'columbus circle' isnt even out yet but you can listen to some of the tracks here

http://briantyler.com/Site/Columbus_Circle.html

anyone else see that? this is probably some of his best work, hope it comes out on itunes soon
    • CommentAuthorbebble
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011 edited
    am i missing something- is columbis circle available for purchase anywhere??
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011
    brian did the score for columbus circle early last year and the film kept getting pushed back. the current release date is unknown. he just uploaded some cues from it for the time being to showcase his work for it. so until the film comes out, enjoy.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011 edited
    That sounds excellent. So there's no word when the movie will be out?
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011
    Tyler also scored a short film for Red Digital Studios. It's called "Tattoo", a promotional short shot with Red's new Epic-M camera at 5K.

http://nofilmschool.com/2011/05/watch-r … mSchool%29

Thing is, you have to download the thing -- no YT link. But this score is a nice alternative to these action scores he churns out now.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011
    He's also scoring the expendables 2 (yes, there will be a sequel).
  4. And that's bad news? rolleyes

I loved Expendables 1, so a sequel is most welcome.

But I didn't love it for Tyler, that's for certain.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.