• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I loved that 4 notes motif played through the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011
    It was fun for once, but it's overkill for most such sequels.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    He's also scoring the expendables 2 (yes, there will be a sequel).

yay, more new old action stars smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Damn I want Van Damme. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2011 edited
    I would like to wish Brian Tyler a very Happy Birthday, Tomorrow (May 8)! Happy Birthday Brian! May you have a prosperous and jolly good time for the rest of 2011. Hope you are surrounded by friends and loved ones today and go out. Take a break and have a blast!

-Chris-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2011
    beer
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorbebble
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2011
    Brian is nominated for an Emmy for Transformers Prime:

http://archives.awn.com/news/television … s/page/2,1

Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction And Composition
    Transformers Prime - The Hub
    Composer
    Brian Tyler
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2011
    Interesting. I'd never even heard of it!
  4. Southall wrote
    Interesting. I'd never even heard of it!

Some people critical of Tyler's work would say that the nominating panel hadn't heard it either.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Review of Battle: LA
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011
    lol, I like that review biggrin
  6. Listening to some of Tyler's tracks tonight I know that he's very good at doing the same again and again but I think that what he does he does very well and I just love his style when he is in "action mode".

Comment prompted by "Command and Control Center" from Battle: Los Angeles.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2011
    I can only take his style in very small doses!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
    Last summer, Brian Tyler scored the hit sci-fi action film Battle: Los Angeles. The movie comes out on home video this week, and we're pleased to bring you photos from the scoring session that took place at Sony!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2011
    the final destination 5 soundtrack release date has been pushed back to the 16th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011
    Colosseum has 3 clips from Final Destination 5 online.

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … katmg0r8m1

The final bit of Main Titles has an interesting Goldenthally string bit, but the rest is rather 'meh'. Cool he's referencing Shirley Walker again in Mystery though, seems to be keeping her themes intact throughout. But these are just very short tasters, so lets not jump to conclusions...
  7. I like the marimba in The Gift Certificate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2011
    sleep
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    When is Columbus Circle coming out??
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The last Final Destination was the least interesting Tyler score I've ever heard. Usually there's at least an uplifting chord progression tying the noisefest together, but this being a horror movie with no redeeming qualities, even that was missing.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011 edited
    Brian Tyler will be doing the music for the New video game, “Need for Speed: The Run”. The game will be released on Nov. 15, 2011.

You can see a Behind the Scenes Video for it here:

Need for Speed: The Run - Driving the Sound
  8. Looks like they became Need For Speed into a GTA-esque game. I love what Brian said about the game, and about the theme representing the players.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011
    Interesting, last time a well-known composer did a Need for Speed score we got Trevor Morris' decent early effort "Need for Speed: Carbon" which, while obvious and predictable, is a lot of fun.
    • CommentAuthorbebble
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011
    Anthony wrote
    When is Columbus Circle coming out??

I would like to know, too. Were you one of the lucky ones who heard some of the tracks?

The few tracks I heard from that soundtrack contain some of the most exciting/original music I've heard in YEARS and actually reminded me of the great Herrman.

I hope the movie comes out soon, just so I can download the entire soundtrack. Such a tease!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Probably half of Columbus Circle is on Brian's website.
  9. Anthony wrote
    Probably half of Columbus Circle is on Brian's website.

Listening to those 30 minutes, I think that this is a really good Tyler score. Gone is the bombast (mostly) and I am hearing a score that's very much strings oriented. The use of strings and the way he uses them remind me very much of Bernard Herrmann.

As does Larry Groupé's score for the new Straw Dogs. Not in the sense of using a lot of strings but there's something about the way he layers the orchestra sections and how the brass sounds that reminds me a lot of something like Cape Fear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote
    Interesting, last time a well-known composer did a Need for Speed score we got Trevor Morris' decent early effort "Need for Speed: Carbon" which, while obvious and predictable, is a lot of fun.

I'm not sure where Taiko drums fit into the obvious and predictable part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    Brian Tyler will be doing the music for the New video game, “Need for Speed: The Run”. The game will be released on Nov. 15, 2011.

You can see a Behind the Scenes Video for it here:

Need for Speed: The Run - Driving the Sound

Yum. I hope that they'll release a score soundtrack. Or else I'll have to rip it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011 edited
    For anyone interested here is my scoremagacine review for final destination 5, as it works on both cd and inside the movie:

http://scoremagacine.com/Resenas_det.php?Codigo=1269
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2011 edited
    The Soundtrack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 with Music by Composer Brian Tyler, will be released on November 8, 2011. You can hear samples of the score on Amazon MP3. Check out the details here:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ---- Brian Tyler Music