• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2011
    Nice ! Did not know about this !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2011
    The first track made me nervous it was going to sound like the utter garbage Zimmer wrote for the second game, but it actually sounds like Tyler doing what he does best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2011
    Anthony wrote
    The first track made me nervous it was going to sound like the utter garbage Zimmer wrote for the second game, but it actually sounds like Tyler doing what he does best.

Indeed! Can't wait.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011
    Brian Tyler talks about his score for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Top Score from Classical MPR tinyurl.com/3jjp89c
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011 edited
    Anthony wrote

What... copying Zimmer?

:troll:

:gettingcoat:

-Erik-

PS - Just had a listen... I wasn't wrong.
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

What... copying Zimmer?

:troll:

:gettingcoat:

-Erik-

PS - Just had a listen... I wasn't wrong.

To be honest the new modern warfare 3 score sounds exactly like Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011
    suicide
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Looking forward to Brian Tyler's score for Need For Speed: The Run:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Need-for-Speed- … amp;sr=1-1

I just love Tyler in this mode.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011
    I managed to listen to the first 15 clips before I'd had enough.

Horrible!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Looking forward to Brian Tyler's score for Need For Speed: The Run:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Need-for-Speed- … amp;sr=1-1

I just love Tyler in this mode.

Me too!
    ...but I think I have enough Tyler in this mode for now. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's nice for a few moments, but then quickly wears out its welcome.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Timmer wrote
    I managed to listen to the first 15 clips before I'd had enough.

Horrible!

[Groundskeeper Willie]I WAAARRRN'D YE! I WAAARRRN'D YE!!![/Groundskeeper Willie]
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorbebble
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011 edited
    Post edited/deleted because this thread seems to be dead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012
    So let's wait 'till Newman gets rejected for the new Bond and it goes to Brian Tyler instead...
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012 edited
    Hi Everyone,

BRAKE with Music by Composer Brian Tyler hits Theaters on March 23. Check out the exclusive IMDB Homepage premiere of the BRAKE trailer. The New Poster is out now, as well.

Please help to spread the word and get BRAKE out there.

You can view the BRAKE trailer on the IMDB Homepage.

http://www.imdb.com/

Please visit the BRAKE Facebook page and LIKE it if you enjoyed the trailer.

https://www.facebook.com/BRAKEThriller

If you are on Twitter, please tweet the Facebook and IMDB links and give the film a plug in your tweet. Ask your Twitter followers to tweet out as well.

I saw the Trailer and I thought it was really cool. I will DEF be seeing this film, when it comes out! I hope you do too!

Also, there WILL indeed be a soundtrack release for this film. Details to follow on

http://www.briantylermusic.com

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    Brian Tyler has been nominated for 6 Goldspirit Music Awards this year.

Best Composer of the Year (Brian Tyler)
    Best Adventure/Action Score of the Year (Brian Tyler "Fast Five")
    Best Science-Fiction Score of the Year (Brian Tyler "Battle: Los Angeles")
    Best Score for Television (Brian Tyler "Terra Nova")
    Best Score for a Video Game (Brian Tyler "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3")
    Best Score for a Video Game (Brian Tyler "Need for Speed: The Run")

Congrats goes to Brian Tyler and everyone who made this possible! Thank You for the wonderful music.
  3. Demetris wrote
    So let's wait 'till Newman gets rejected for the new Bond and it goes to Brian Tyler instead...

Why do you hate us? tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012 edited
    personally i want david arnold back for bond 23 never really liked thomas newmans music..
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2012
    How about some family drama for Brian Tyler? Just to take a break and score something else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    How about some family drama for Brian Tyler? Just to take a break and score something else.

That would be nice.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The killing room was exceptional
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2012
    Demetris wrote

Both film and score!
  4. Marselus wrote
    Demetris wrote

Both film and score!

true, the score's a breath of fresh air (coming from Tyler that means a lot) but I also liked the movie too.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. I remember the time when Brian was known for drama, like Frailty and The Final Cut. I never thought he could become into a action composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Demetris wrote

Both film and score!

true, the score's a breath of fresh air (coming from Tyler that means a lot) but I also liked the movie too.

Haven't seen the movie yet, i dismissed it 'cause i was under the impression it was gore-bukkake?
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    i may be biased here but i just love all of brians music he is just so very versatile in his writing he can do just about any genre. i would love to see him do a concert of his works some day. maybe even perhaps see him do a theme park rides score or something. he's done just about everything else, so why not? anyone else agree?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Demetris wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Demetris wrote

Both film and score!

Haven't seen the movie yet, i dismissed it 'cause i was under the impression it was gore-bukkake?

'gore-bukkake'

biggrin biggrin

Not at all D, has nothing to do with 'Saw' and (crappy) stuff like that. It is a film about a few charcaters locked in a room for reasons I'm not gonna spoil. Trust me, it's worth watching it. And the music works wonders in the film, a score that puts you inside the film and shows Tyler is capable of more than writing for a 100 piece orchestra.
  6. WDWGuy08 wrote
    i may be biased here but i just love all of brians music he is just so very versatile in his writing he can do just about any genre. i would love to see him do a concert of his works some day. maybe even perhaps see him do a theme park rides score or something. he's done just about everything else, so why not? anyone else agree?

Not really. My problem with his action style is that while it's fun, it's rather generic. Brian Tyler just reworks Zimmer with better orchestrations. The reason why I liked Eagle Eye (with its obvious influences though) and Fast Five so much is that he got out of the "doing Zimmer better than Zimmer does himself" mode and tried something more in his vein.

Tyler was an apt horror writer, but for example The Greatest Story Ever Told (Horner should sue) and Partition didn't convince me as drama scores at all.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "Horner should sue" shocked

applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt