• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2012
    Scribe wrote
    My girlfriend likes Brian Tyler.
    All your arguments are invalid.

My wife adores Tyler and Ryan Gosling. Go figure. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    I had a girlfriend who liked scores.
    I now prefer to call her 'fiancee' now.

My wife too, no matter how many people believe such women don't exist. She liked scores before i met her too, although now she identifies many more different styles and composers at first note than what she did before. Richter's and Soderqvist's musical styles are her favorite.
  1. Anne particularly enjoys John Barry (e.g., Dances With Wolves) and cites scores such as Backdraft and Poltergeist as additional things she likes. She has been known to say that Psycho is some of the most effective film music she has ever heard!

She doesn't much like the more "modern action music".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anne particularly enjoys John Barry (e.g., Dances With Wolves) and cites scores such as Backdraft and Poltergeist as additional things she likes. She has been known to say that Psycho is some of the most effective film music she has ever heard!

She doesn't much like the more "modern action music".

Anne has GREAT taste beer

Melanie likes quite a lot of film music, from Williams, Barry and Morricone to John Powell. My Mum liked film music too, particularly Miklos Rozsa and John Barry, she also liked some Jerry Goldsmith and would often ask me to play The Slaves from MASADA, one of her very favourite tracks.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. As long as we're still talking about wives on Brian Tyler's thread, I'll add that my wife listens to film scores, too, though only because I do. She has nearly no musical preference at all most of the time, and nearly never puts any on herself (silence suits her fine). However, since I play it all the time she's very familiar with a lot of it. Most recently we listened to THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (which she REALLY didn't like), and BEE MOVIE (which she enjoyed a great deal!).
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    Here Ye Here Ye, Come One, Come All...

Head on over to my blog for an exclusive first-look at the artwork for the La La Land Records 2-CD Release of Brian Tylers Music from Terra Nova, coming October 9.

http://briantylermusic.blog.com/2012/09 … ilgrimage/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    Here Ye Here Ye, Come One, Come All...

Head on over to my blog for an exclusive first-look at the artwork for the La La Land Records 2-CD Release of Brian Tylers Music from Terra Nova, coming October 9.

http://briantylermusic.blog.com/2012/09 … ilgrimage/

Nice! punk

BTW, too bad the show was cancelled.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Several new reviews:

- Alien vs Predator: Requiem
    - Annapolis
    - Bangkok Dangerous
    - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    - Finishing the Game

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2012
    Ahh, more Tyler reviews. NICE!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2012
    Just three stars for Tokyo Drift though? sad I love that score! Awesome energy! Probably my most-played Tyler!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Anyone watched Terra Nova and can comment on the score? It sounds intriguing from the detailed commentary in that press release...I can hardly imagine Tyler writing music on paper in this day and age.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Just three stars for Tokyo Drift though? sad I love that score! Awesome energy! Probably my most-played Tyler!

Love it !
  4. Martijn wrote

the middle portion is absolutely boring, begin and end are good though
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Demetris wrote
    Martijn wrote

Love it !

Along with FAST FIVE, my post played BT score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2012 edited
    BT is actually the composer of Fast & Furious 2 tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Isn't that David Arnold?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Me no comprende...did Arnold orchestrate for BT or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah sorry you meant http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0232500/fullcredits#cast? I thought 2 fast 2 furious. Anyway, about BT, i said "my most played score" NOT "my most played crap" wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Wow, I could have sworn that BT composed the second one, not the first one. Fail.

Anyway, I was just making a joke about calling Brian Tyler "BT" when there was an actual "BT" who worked on the same franchise tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know, i expected it smile
  5. Scribe wrote
    Wow, I could have sworn that BT composed the second one, not the first one. Fail.

Anyway, I was just making a joke about calling Brian Tyler "BT" when there was an actual "BT" who worked on the same franchise tongue

ah good, for once I thought I wrote another review with an error in it tongue
    • CommentAuthorLars
    since tokyo drift i am a brian tyler fan. it was a blind buy and one of the best blind buys i ever did. tyler in action mode is just awesome. i would call DK vs. Han also an Excellent Track. both tracks together are a fantastic action suite. Neela Drifts is also a lovely track. tyler is really good in writing such themes.

in Annapolis the sub themes are also better than the patriotic main theme. the sub themes are always better than tylers main themes. it's also the case with Bangkok Dangerous.

btw: brian tyler also wrote a cue for The Fast And The Furious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote

Just two words: SYMPHONIC TOUGE

Enough said.
  6. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote

Just two words: SYMPHONIC TOUGE

Enough said.

it's a good track yes, but overtly familiar if you have heard a lot of Tyler
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012
    Some news!

Brian Tyler to score IRON MAN 3

I am sure he will do far, far better than the previous 2 bad scores (Especially the 2nd one).

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/10/11 … ron-man-3/
  7. You actually prefer Djawadi's score to Debney's?

That's a rare case - a Brian Tyler score I am actually looking forward to.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012 edited
    I love Debney's Total Recall inspired theme. And the score proper is pretty solid. Much better than Djawadi's effort for the first film. I can't say that I'm pleased with Tyler being attached to this. I was certain that this was a lock for Ottman.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    For better or worst, at least you know what you'll get from a Brian Tyler score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    I love Debney's Total Recall inspired theme. And the score proper is pretty solid. Much better than Djawadi's effort for the first film. I can't say that I'm pleased with Tyler being attached to this. I was certain that this was a lock for Ottman.

-Erik-

And Ottman would be better than Tyler? Come on, i can understand that Tyler's style is often specific but not...Ottman smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'd rather listen to an Ottman score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!