• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    I saw John Williams online too (he even wrote on my wall!!) but I didn't have the courage to start chatting tongue wink
  1. Damn, tell me when! biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Keep watching "Online Friends"! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I think Ravi thinks that Pawel was kidding when he listed the composers he's talked to...but he's not...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited
    Scribe wrote
    I think Ravi thinks that Pawel was kidding when he listed the composers he's talked to...but he's not...

Nope I don't, I know he's talked to them (I myself did too). But I was afraid to chat with JW! tongue Instead I wrote on his wall saying how I loved his music, and he wrote back too! I was truly elated smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nice. When i'm in the mood for big-ass brainless action, i am sure i'll enjoy this!

That´s exactly what Eagle Eye is.

Is it as fun as RAMBO?

It is more fun in the way it has a twist every five minutes. Less gory of course wink

Anthony wrote
    I really, really enjoyed Eagle Eye and it's easily one of my top 5 films of 2008. It's completely and utterly ridiculous but it's awesome. The ending contains the trademark Spielberg cheesiness but it's forgivable.

Totally agree. Don´t you think Tyler´s score is brilliantly mixed?

Anthony wroteHats off to Tyler for being the only composer I know of who actively uses Facebook. Hats off to Tyler for having a Ferrari. Hats to to Tyler full stop

Hats off to Tyler for being Brian Tyler. Period cool
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I really, really enjoyed Eagle Eye and it's easily one of my top 5 films of 2008. It's completely and utterly ridiculous but it's awesome. The ending contains the trademark Spielberg cheesiness but it's forgivable.

I cannot remember at all. I think I was paying too much attention to cars being used as wrecking balls, a drone aircraft flying through a tunnel and people exploding from electricity. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I cannot remember at all. I think I was paying too much attention to cars being used as wrecking balls, a drone aircraft flying through a tunnel and people exploding from electricity. biggrin

biggrin Fair enoguh. But if you ever watch it again, pay attention at how good is edited and mixed Tyler´s music.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh I'm buying it on blu-ray the day it comes out. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. One of the few of 2008 that met my expectations. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Okay, I'm sold and will check it out. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nice. When i'm in the mood for big-ass brainless action, i am sure i'll enjoy this!

Is it as fun as RAMBO?

It's pretty damm good.
  2. lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Is it as fun as RAMBO?

It's pretty damm good.

both are good yet different as hell

Eagle Eye is over the top excitement, with 2 good leads and a non stop thrill ride

Rambo's amazing in gory sense, amazing in brutal sense, amazing in the simplicity of dialogue that it is awesome smile

I like both extremely well
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Is it as fun as RAMBO?

It's pretty damm good.

Eagle Eye is over the top excitement, with 2 good leads and a non stop thrill ride

Rambo's amazing in gory sense, amazing in brutal sense, amazing in the simplicity of dialogue that it is awesome smile

I agree. They're both excellent B-movies.
  3. lp wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Is it as fun as RAMBO?

It's pretty damm good.

I agree. They're both excellent B-movies.

wouldn't call them B-movies bud

if you refer to Bad ass movies, then I'm following you wink
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Actually, David Arnold is chattable with (done that), so is John Ottman and Deborah Lurie, who is one of the coolest persons I've ever chatted with (though interestingly, mostly about dogs).

I also had two or three chats with Jeff Rona and Jane Antonia Cornish, both very nice people.

I'm facebook friends with John Debney, Brian Tyler, and Jeff Rona, but I never dared speak to any of them (yet).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    On a side-note and as a general social observation, facebook friend = absolute null biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Debney and Tyler don't appear on chat. Rona hasn't for quite a while. Maybe I scared him off bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009
    Panthera wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Actually, David Arnold is chattable with (done that), so is John Ottman and Deborah Lurie, who is one of the coolest persons I've ever chatted with (though interestingly, mostly about dogs).

I also had two or three chats with Jeff Rona and Jane Antonia Cornish, both very nice people.

I'm facebook friends with John Debney, Brian Tyler, and Jeff Rona, but I never dared speak to any of them (yet).

Panthera what's your name at Facebook? Will you add me? smile
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Debney and Tyler don't appear on chat. Rona hasn't for quite a while. Maybe I scared him off bunny

I figure Tyler was way to busy to chat to anyone but he is gracious enough to respond in length to my emails. So far the only two composers I have spoken to are Dean Ogden and David Arnold. David Arnold I spoke to for about 15 minutes about his Quantum of Solace score. I spoke to Deane for about an hour and we talked about films, scores, and IT related stuff in which he offered a job opportunity. Ogden's a really really nice guy. smile
  5. DemonStar wrote
    Panthera wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Panthera what's your name at Facebook? Will you add me? smile

And me? smile
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Christodoulides wrote
    On a side-note and as a general social observation, facebook friend = absolute null biggrin

what do you mean, Demetris?

I know you had (privacy?) issues with the site, but I think facebook is great, while at first I was disappointed that it had abandoned it's college networking origins towards a more general social networking site, but I kind of think is great that we can go beyond "film music" with other fans, composers, etc and learn different things about their lives that they are willing to share
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009 edited
    According to IMDB, Brian Tyler will score The Expendables for Sylvestor Stallone. Does anyone have any other sources confirming this? Plus in a conversation I had with Deane Ogden awhile ago and he claimed that Tyler told him that he is on board for Rambo 5.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009 edited
    The CD release of Brian Tylers score from, "The Lazarus Project", has been pushed back by Varese Sarabande, to February 17, 2009.
  6. WDWGuy08 wrote
    The CD release of Brian Tylers score from, "The Lazarus Project", has been pushed back by Varese Sarabande, to February 17, 2009.

perhaps they realized the action music sounded just like any other Tyler effort and they asked him to rewrite it... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    WDWGuy08 wrote

perhaps they realized the action music sounded just like any other Tyler effort and they asked him to rewrite it... rolleyes

There's no action music in it; i've seen the movies, it's a big snoozer (both film and score) and a huge pass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    WDWGuy08 wrote

There's no action music in it; i've seen the movies, it's a big snoozer (both film and score) and a huge pass.

For you to say a Tyler score is a snoozer, it must be about the worst score of all time.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    WDWGuy08 wrote

For you to say a Tyler score is a snoozer, it must be about the worst score of all time.

You could say "Bug" is a snoozer I suppose. An entire CD's worth of weird sounds and electronics with the exception of some techno and rock stuff. (But it's a guilty pleasure for me!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I liked Bug! Thought it was one of his better recent scores to be honest. Pretty creative, very effective at creating the awkward atmosphere he was striving for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BUG is far, far better.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    WDWGuy08 wrote

I don't care, it is time Tyler pushes the envelope and writes something amazing

I like his style and his voice, but please bring us something that's fresh and exciting Brian!