• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2008/09/25/f … lharmonic/

My opinion on the new Silva release of Thomas Newman material.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008 edited
    sdtom wrote
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2008/09/25/f … lharmonic/

My opinion on the new Silva release of Thomas Newman material.
    Thomas smile

Tom, not to be rude or anything, but have you ever considered just opening up one thread in which to post all your various reviews of soundtracks, scores, and film music albums, rather than flooding the boards with separate topics for each review?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    When Bregt sets up Maintitles in such a way that I can post the reviews myself I'll no longer need to do a separate thread, merely let all know of the new review. The word flooding is hardly an appropriate adjective, however. As we've briefly discussed I think that all will be 'centralized' in the near future unless of course people have no interest in what I have to say. Then of course I would be most happy to just go away with no hard feelings.

Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    When Bregt sets up Maintitles in such a way that I can post the reviews myself I'll no longer need to do a separate thread, merely let all know of the new review. The word flooding is hardly an appropriate adjective, however. As we've briefly discussed I think that all will be 'centralized' in the near future unless of course people have no interest in what I have to say. Then of course I would be most happy to just go away with no hard feelings.

Thomas smile

We all care about what you have to say, but why can't you simply create one thread (e.g. 'Tom's reviews,' 'Reviews by sdtom') and post updates to that thread when you write something new at your blog? People could check back to that single thread for new reviews from you, rather than seeing a bunch of different threads for separate reviews. I mean, it's not like you and your reviews won't get just as much attention and feedback in one thread as they do in all these separate threads. It would just make it a lot easier to find reviews and stuff from you, without needlessly crowding the board. What's to say people wouldn't check back and read the reviews in ONE thread just as much as they do in all these multiple threads?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think there's a problem with Tom posting his links in separate threads. Does the other mod (Sir Martijn) or the Holy webmaster feel an objection to this?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think there's a problem with Tom posting his links in separate threads. Does the other mod (Sir Martijn) or the Holy webmaster feel an objection to this?

Very well; I'll shut up. You have my apologies. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I think what works great in this forum is the dedicated thread for each composer. It's easier to find things if you post in the thread for that composer. So that link could have been posted in the Tom Newman thread. Just my suggestion.

Nice review, BTW. It's indeed going to be hard to include much of his quirkier side (& unique instrumentation) on a re-recording.
    And oh... the font in your review site seems too widely spaced and makes reading a bit difficult.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    BhelPuri wrote
    I think what works great in this forum is the dedicated thread for each composer. It's easier to find things if you post in the thread for that composer. So that link could have been posted in the Tom Newman thread. Just my suggestion.

Yeah, those are exactly my thoughts too... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well yeah, it can and it's the basic rule around here; some threads will eventually get merged anyway so no big deal to destroy our moods over it wink Apart from that, and for the threads that won't get finally merged, there's a chance some people will find what they're looking for a bit easier although they should have been already doing that through the search for specific post function. smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    The word flooding is hardly an appropriate adjective, however.

You're right. Sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote

Thomas smile

When this happens especially with the column I hope you'll be reading it on a daily basis (reviews etc). For now this is the best system I can come up with.

Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    sdtom wrote

Thomas smile

When this happens especially with the column I hope you'll be reading it on a daily basis (reviews etc). For now this is the best system I can come up with.

Thomas smile

As you wish...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think the font looks different depending on the browser. On my computer I use IE7 (firefox crashed) and it looks fine.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    I think the font looks different depending on the browser. On my computer I use IE7 (firefox crashed) and it looks fine.
    Thomas smile

Random. biggrin