• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. LSH wrote
    Geology.

As Aberdeen is very much linked with the oil industry their geology courses should be quite good - with lots of job opportunities at the end of it?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    LSH wrote
    Geology.

As Aberdeen is very much linked with the oil industry their geology courses should be quite good - with lots of job opportunities at the end of it?

That was the main attraction. That, and wanting to get as far away from Birmingham as I possibly could. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    'now that we have somewhere to stay for a weekend'

applause

Haha, just noticed that. biggrin
  2. LSH wrote
    ...and wanting to get as far away from Birmingham as I possibly could. smile

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nearly time to go out, at the moment I'm happily drinking a tin and listening to music ( Elfman's Hulk )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    Aberdeen.

You're taking Preisner with you too?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Nearly time to go out, at the moment I'm happily drinking a tin and listening to music ( Elfman's Hulk )

Good - albeit surprising - choice!

I wasn't around the board on Friday, but I've had a great "buddy weekend" at a friend's cottage in the South of Norway. I put some pictures up on facebook. LOTS of booze, fun discussions and banter and fantastic weather (except a sudden and brief rain cloud).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Well, I do like some Elfman Thor and Hulk is a good listen.

I'm off out tonight, it's pool contest time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    ^
    And I won! punk I'm getting a rep where people look a bit downcast at the prospect of playing me....don't they realise that they're doing half my job for me!? rolleyes cool

I also played hero for one young lady in distress knight Just some lecherous drunken creep who was coming on very strong and whose advances were not welcome, I made it clear to him that he should just go home and get some sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    And I won! punk I'm getting a rep where people look a bit downcast at the prospect of playing me....don't they realise that they're doing half my job for me!? rolleyes cool

I also played hero for one young lady in distress knight Just some lecherous drunken creep who was coming on very strong and whose advances were not welcome, I made it clear to him that he should just go home and get some sleep.

One of the advantages of being "well-built" like you, eh?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I would imagine with your new musclebuilding regime and a cue stick in your hand, you must have been pretty intimidating...Well done, Sir. You are a proper Knight Of The Pool Table! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I generally use sarcasm, bluff or outright bribery.
    Oh, and if all else fails, I cry.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks guys.

I'd like to point out that despite this guy being an A-class prick I was polite but firm, I didn't have to be aggressive at all. My mantra is that violence is the last bastion of the terminally stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    lecherous drunken creep

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Thanks guys.

I'd like to point out that despite this guy being an A-class prick I was polite but firm, I didn't have to be aggressive at all. My mantra is that violence is the last bastion of the terminally stupid.

Did the lady thank you properly?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    Whattcha saying Marcel....I'm a taken man shocked wink

The girl in question is someone I vaguely know from this pub, y'know, to say hello to and I've had one or two conversations so we're not exactly strangers. I walked her home so we at least know each others names now, and yes, she was very much appreciative.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    Great! Not only you saved her from a drunken guy, now you know her name and where does she live wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, she'll have no choice but to bear your children now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Thanks guys.

I'll also point out that these kind of incidents are very rare in the pubs that I frequent, pubs that are welcoming of any creed, colour or gender. I've long gone past those days of going to city centre pubs where seeing a night of trouble was the norm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, I think at some point those places started selling popcorn and folding chairs to punters just coming in to watch fights ensue.
    (brilliant business plan. The Dragons and Sir Alan would have been so proud)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Speaking of trouble where the feck is Steven?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He said he doesn't want to talk about scores any more (for the time being...not that we ever do, but hey-ho...).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Yes, she'll have no choice but to bear your children now.

lol

Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thanks guys.

I'll also point out that these kind of incidents are very rare in the pubs that I frequent, pubs that are welcoming of any creed, colour or gender. I've long gone past those days of going to city centre pubs where seeing a night of trouble was the norm.

Undeniably the best and most logical of solutions; doesn't always work with the other party though, especially where i come from rolleyes slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There are stupid cretins everywhere D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    There are stupid cretins everywhere D.

Word; sad but true, but your description who someone who doesn't understands logic IS PERFECTLY SPOT-ON! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Such a USEFUL little calculator tool!

Now I can tell exactly at what time to call it quits! (Though, to be honest, the results sound far more like a challenge than a deterrent...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    "It would take 21 bottles of Heineken to kill me".

Hmmmm......
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    One Belgian beer.............. Not a real calculator! angry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin