• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    YAHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S FRIDAY! drink beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    Uuurgh....hit the town yesterday, sung some karaoke and took 9 people home to my 25 square meter apartment for a nachspiel (after-party). I had to throw them out at 6:30 this morning and managed to get 3 1/2 hours of sleep. The apartment looks like hell today - there's sticky licor everywhere, footprints all over (even in my bed?!?), empty bottles and candle light residue on the table and floor. I've got work to do!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmm...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Uuurgh....hit the town yesterday, sung some karaoke and took 9 people home to my 25 square meter apartment for a nachspiel (after-party). I had to throw them out at 6:30 this morning and managed to get 3 1/2 hours of sleep. The apartment looks like hell today - there's sticky licor everywhere, footprints all over (even in my bed?!?), empty bottles and candle light residue on the table and floor. I've got work to do!

That'll teach you wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

That'll teach you wink

I think we all know it won't!

One thing I've learned as I've got older is that I now know precisely what my limits are, which makes me feel all the better for exceeding them.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009 edited
    Hopefully I'll be watching lots of bands and stuff tonight. A re-opening of a concert venue here in Bristol is putting on a free night with tickets given on a first come first served basis.

Colston Hall

Roni Size and loads more cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2009
    What a FANTASTIC night! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Please elaborate!?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Yeah, who was playing, was it packed? I was supposed to meet some friends down there last night myself but ended up going for a swim in a lake in Henleaze instead, not exactly sure how that happened...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2009 edited
    With a road closed off the first thing I saw was 200 saxophonists playing in the street, this was incredible and I'm really not sure how I can describe it as I'm crap with musical terminology....many of the saxophones were acting as the "string" section while other soloists played over the top and all conducted by this black guy who looked like he'd walked straight out of the Two-Tone era. Then we watched my friends band ( he's a bass player ) which has a jazzy funky reggae sound and with a lead singer to die for...both looks and voice. We also watched some performance art ( Cirque Bijou ) where some scaffolding and ropes had been erected and acrobats were doing their thang accompanied by a small orchestra of maybe 20 - 30 players ( I recognised some of the pieces but couldn't name them? ), best of all though were some band doing foot stomping Polish folk music, this was absolutely kicking, I think you Martijn would have loved this the best!? Basically, this being an open night you could wander wherever you pleased, beer glass in hand ( plastic glass ) asnd see any of the events that were happening.

Amongst all this I bumped into many friends and there was plenty of areas for sitting chatting and drinking, the best Friday night out I've had for a long time cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    Yeah, who was playing, was it packed? I was supposed to meet some friends down there last night myself but ended up going for a swim in a lake in Henleaze instead, not exactly sure how that happened...

Sounds bracing!!! shocked freezing

Shame you didn't go John it was a great event. It's also a shame that for me it was at short notice otherwise we could have made plans to meet up!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sounds absolutely great. And -if memory serves and it's the company I think it is- Cirque Bijou is great: like a small-scale Cirque de Soleil, but with less pretense at being "out there". Absolutely loved them when I saw them some years ago.

And 200 saxophones! shocked
    That's ...just... beyond words.

Whatta night, mate. cool
    I'm well and truly envious.

Though
    Timmer wrote
    foot stomping Polish folk music, this was absolutely kicking, I think you Martijn would have loved this the best!?

...errrr.... I kinda doubt it.
    East block folk music (with the exception of religious music) makes my head hurt after about fifteen seconds. dizzy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I was on an all-you-can-eat sushi binge last night with friends and siblings.
    eat drink
    Quite enjoyable!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Me, I was on an all-you-can-eat sushi binge last night with friends and siblings.
    eat drink
    Quite enjoyable!

That sounds great too!!! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2009 edited
    "Polish folk music"

I got it wrong ( Mel just corrected me and named them ), apparantly just one song they did was of Polish origin, they are actually more gypsy / folk / jazz.

SHEELANAGIG

p.s. Your description of Cirque Bijou is spot on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah, OK. Had a listen through the link you posted, but it's still way too Balkan/Klezmer for me.
    I can only take that type of music in extreme moderation. spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm inclined to agree but it was footstompingtastic last night, I was definitely in the right mood! biggrin bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    In the right crowd in the proper mood it can certainly be infectious! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Especially after a few drink beer
  2. Timmer wrote
    Shame you didn't go John it was a great event. It's also a shame that for me it was at short notice otherwise we could have made plans to meet up!?

Sounds like a great night, wish I'd made it down there! We'll have to grab a beer sometime soon at another event, hopefully with some more free live music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    Definitely! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    Drunk. dizzy It's 2:55. Good night.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    So it is! biggrin cool

Far too early for bed yet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    yay!

Huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Drunk too. And.... It's half 3.

I'm gonna feel this when i wake up tomorrow. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Drunk too. And.... It's half 3.

I'm gonna feel this when i wake up tomorrow. vomit

Do you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    I do. But luckily not too bad since I think I drunk a ton of water before I went to bed. But still... ouch.

I just have an overwhelming desire for a McDonalds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I do. But luckily not too bad since I think I drunk a ton of water before I went to bed. But still... ouch.

I just have an overwhelming desire for a McDonalds.

DAMN! It's like describing my hangovers, with the water thing and McDonalds the next day! You and me would make for good drinking buddies i think, as long as we don't discuss film music wink

Or Gays. Or cooking cats and dogs. uhm
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I do the water thing, but McDonalds? I never crave that in the mornings