• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Just having a relaxing beer alone (quite a rarity actually) at home while listening to some Mark Mancina. I am celebrating winning a quiz show earlier today. Timmer, you might know Fifteen to One. I won an episode of the Polish edition. For the second time, actually.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012
    Just came BACK from an evening out. Had a couple of beers, but was careful to stop after that this time. Strange to be heading home before midnight, just when the nightlife is starting to take hold. But none of the others wanted to stay out longer in any case. Geez, my friends are getting old. At least I have a disease to blame.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Just having a relaxing beer alone (quite a rarity actually) at home while listening to some Mark Mancina. I am celebrating winning a quiz show earlier today. Timmer, you might know Fifteen to One. I won an episode of the Polish edition. For the second time, actually.

Televised?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Recorded for TV, will be aired in about a month.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012
    Impressive. I want to appear on a TV quiz show. The Chase is a favourite of mine at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012 edited
    Thor wrote
    Geez, my friends are getting old. At least I have a disease to blame.

biggrin

Come back to Ghent please!

Today will be terraces day. Need to help a friend out with jQuery and hopefully we'll have a drink at the castle of Ingelmunster where the Kasteelbier is made (the 12 degrees beer Thor might have drunk in Ghent, but certainly Jordi who spoiled it all over my leg).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012 edited
    Beach and champagne today.

Why?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    With Billie? cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Just having a relaxing beer alone (quite a rarity actually) at home while listening to some Mark Mancina. I am celebrating winning a quiz show earlier today. Timmer, you might know Fifteen to One. I won an episode of the Polish edition. For the second time, actually.

I forgot to offer my congratulations to you Pawel punk beer

Here's an astonishing final from the British version...

15 to 1
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    So you're a TV star now, eh, Pawel? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2012
    Off out tonight, meet friends and watch a band that a friend of mine is in, The Atomic Rays, excellent covers band.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2012
    I took an umbrella out with me last night, I'm clever like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012
    A lead shielded umbrella then, I would hope?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012
    ...and some tin foil on my head for extra protection from alien invaders, of course!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012 edited
    I've been reliably informed that actually helps remarkably little against atomic rays.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012
    Payday! Time to get some beers in for tonight.
  3. LSH wrote
    Payday! Time to get some beers in for tonight.

Even though I was in Tesco twice today I still don't have any beers in the house!

I must be going senile.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
    Either that, or Tesco was out of beer!

Sort it out, man!
  4. I may have to resort to the "corner shop" (which isn't actually on a corner) as they have chilled beer. Our Tesco in town has no chilled beer....ever!

But Tesco has a much broader selection of lagers and beers whereas the corner shop only has the usual laddish brands that are wet and little else.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I fail to see the dilemma.

1) Returnest thee to yonder Tesco's.
    2) Purchaseth thee one or more non-cooled beers.
    3) When returned to the safety and comfort of thine own domicile, render said hop-based beverages post-haste in the fridge.
    4) Wait for no more than two passings of the hour.
    5) Remove said cannisters from the fridge
    6) Pour them out in the sink and have thyself a proper drink

What?
    I don't LIKE beer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    The procedure is very very different for Port, isn't it Martijn?
  5. beer punk biggrin

There is no shortage of alternate beverages*: Drambuie, Lagavulin, G'n'T, white wine, but no port. sad

*None of those mentioned may actually be beverages.
  6. LSH wrote

I would imagine it would be...open the bottle and drink.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Much better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
    LSH wrote

Good GOD, yes!

(For one thing, I am never, ever, EVER out of port. Ever.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Can I come and live with you?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    beer punk biggrin

There is no shortage of alternate beverages*: Drambuie, Lagavulin, G'n'T, white wine, but no port. sad

*None of those mentioned may actually be beverages.

I have some bottles of Brahma in the fridge cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn doth not know what beer is methinkest!
    Kazoo
  7. Brahma would have filled that spot. But a crisp French Sauvignon Blanc did an admirable job at taking the beer's place.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers Alan cool beer drink