• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2015
    Glad I tend to stay away from hard licor.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I strongly recommend mixing rum, wodka, cognac and Grand Marnier with additional citrussy flavourings and soda.
    Not for the faint of liver, though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. During the cold season the occasional Scotch or Cognac, that's all. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's only ever beer, beer and more beer for me. And the occasional wine to dinners etc.

But I did "splurge" with a Mojito and a couple of other drinks in Lisbon a few months ago, mostly because their beer selection sucked.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    I strongly recommend mixing rum, wodka, cognac and Grand Marnier with additional citrussy flavourings and soda.

Jesus. Has this death concoction got a name? In the name of science I feel obliged to try it of course.
  2. Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Jesus. Has this death concoction got a name? In the name of science I feel obliged to try it of course.

Ha! Just like religion, science can be made to serve any purpose whatsoever. wink I would first have to explore the supermarket to get all the ingredients. (And make sure none of my students would witness that excursion.) smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    Ha! Just like religion, science can be made to serve any purpose whatsoever. wink

Including false analogies. wink

That said, my religion is alcohol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015
    August 6th since we last updated this? What gives? Why has this board suddenly become so "dead" all of a sudden? Mysteries, mysteries....

Anyways, out for a few Friday beers tonight. Have a desperate need to unwind, as I'm currently working on 6 projects simultaneously. I don't know about anyone else, but for me September is always the busiest time of the year.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm off out tonight too! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Working on marking 45 major essays. (German literature, advanced level, Kafka "The Process")

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I'm off out tonight too! beer

We're in synch....for once!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Working on marking 45 major essays. (German literature, advanced level, Kafka "The Process")

Volker

Sounds like a spectacular Friday evening.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. If they'd only understand that reading the actual novel might help to succeed the test ...

(Or, if you are determined NOT to read it, acquire some reliable information some other way.)

slant O, well. I can't help liking all them scoundrels anyway. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Let me guess: several of them found the protagonist much more believable in Psycho? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. You don't think they saw the film, do you? A black-and-white film? Seriously?

Not to mention non of them ever heard about Psycho, or The Third Man or Citizen Cane for that matter. Well, I'm not sure I had when I was 18 years old.

They did see the film, by the way, because I showed it to them. After the test, mind you, so the wouldn't mix up everything.
    Great film. A pity, Welles didn't cooperate with Bernard Herrmann on this. Yet Tomaso Albinoni’s “Adagio in G minor" haunted me all week long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015
    Captain Future wrote
    You don't think they saw the film, don't you? A black-and-white film? Seriously?

Not to mention non of them ever heard about Psycho, or The Third Man or Citizen Cane for that matter.

Give up on teaching, and leave this generation to its fate.
    They're doomed.
    Lost and doomed.
  6. Citizen Kane rather.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015
    Trying to ignore stupid sickness for the first out of two consecutive Christmas parties (one tonight, one tomorrow). Downing some basic Peroni now, I'll explore more types later on.

Anyone planned anything tonight or this weekend?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like Peroni, a fine Italian lager.

And yes, I'm out tonight with no plans except to drink and bump into some friendly familiar faces and shoot some pool.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah man, it's gonna be some fine Indonesian dining tonight in a pop-up restaurant run by an Indonesian chef who manages the kitchen with his family. Fantastic stuff! Already drooling in anticipation!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nothing wrong with Peroni, no. I find it to be a fine "everyday beer" (that may sound a bit snobbish, I know).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah man, it's gonna be some fine Indonesian dining tonight in a pop-up restaurant run by an Indonesian chef who manages the kitchen with his family. Fantastic stuff! Already drooling in anticipation!

Pop-up restaurant?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    GAWD, you're so unhip that if you'd grow a beard it'd fall off!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop-up_restaurant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2015
    i'm very dunt. What should i do=?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2015 edited
    dunt know. If in doubt drink more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2015
    punk

I had a great night out in Gent with colleagues. We soon skipped the Christmas markets and went for some of the cosy cafes bars. Lots of going on in Gent yesterday, lots of atmosphere. It was not too late and not too drunk so I'm already awake for what is going to be a busy day.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016 edited
    So....have we all died socially yet? Hasn't been an update here in months. Remember, if you have anything planned for a Friday, you MUST post here. It's obligatory.

Tonight, I'm attending a book launch party for a new book about the Norwegian film year 2015. I've got three articles in it. My colleagues have rented a place, and there will hopefully be lots of film folk (both industry and otherwise) there. Gearing up now with a Hansa "Vienna Lager".

Here's the book, btw:

http://boutique.montages.no/product/ana … -film-2015
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016
    I'm going to a social meeting place, it's like facebook but they sell beer and you have to talk to real people freezing
  7. As of today I own the entire remastered STAR TREK TNG series on BluRay. I'll watch two or three episodes tonight. I'm in the process of deciding which one.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016
    Timmer wrote
    I'm going to a social meeting place, it's like facebook but they sell beer and you have to talk to real people freezing

Oh, the humanity....
    I am extremely serious.