• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016
    Captain Future wrote
    As of today I own the entire remastered STAR TREK TNG series on BluRay. I'll watch two or three episodes tonight. I'm in the process of deciding which one.

Volker

Will you at the very least consume insane amounts of alcohol while doing so?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2016
    I'm so hung over, I can't even be bothered to find the hangover thread. Kept it going to 6 in the morning. Geez.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I haven't been hung over in 2 years and only maybe slightly drunk once. I wonder what the hell i'm doing with my life? Though Jameson or Tullamore Dew seems to be kinder to me than beer.
  2. At least twenty years. My alcohol intake is steady but very limited.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. I'm 23 and I don't think I've ever been really properly drunk. Partly because I don't have much of a social life, partly because I don't like the taste of any alcoholic drinks. I don't feel I've missed out on much. beer <- ironic emoticon
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016 edited
    Come on, guys -- let your hair out! wink

Had another big party yesterday, complete with 15 beers, karaoke and kebab on the way home at 5 in the morning. On a Wednesday! Hopefully, the hangover will pass by Saturday, when there's a new big party. At my age, it really takes a long time recuperating.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. 15 beers. At Norwegian prices too. You could have bought, like, 6-7 film score albums with that money. Much more lasting pleasure and value from that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016
    Meh. I prefer the quick fix of boozin' and ravin'!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    15 beers. At Norwegian prices too. You could have bought, like, 6-7 film score albums with that money

More like two weeks in The Maldives at least.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Begs the question, what's cheaper? Buying a beer in Scandinavia, or buying a return flight to the Czech Republic and getting your beer there? I'd imagine it's a dead heat...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Begs the question, what's cheaper? Buying a beer in Scandinavia, or buying a return flight to the Czech Republic and getting your beer there? I'd imagine it's a dead heat...

Sweden and Denmark aren't THAT bad. In fact, many Norwegians travel across the Swedish border to buy cheap beer and then drive back home (many over the tax free limit as well). And it's relatively cheap in Denmark; it's just that Norwegian exchange rate is so poor at the moment that it becomes a bit expensive after all; i.e. almost Norwegian prices.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2016
    Been invited out to a party tonight with 8 people; we've booked a karaoke place for two hours. I'm NOT feeling up for it; shitty, fat shape and a strained neck which makes me move like a robot. Oh, well. Trying to gear up now with some Leffe and stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2016
    That sounds actually rather cool even though I'd prefer it not in a place made for karaoke alone.

Go Thor! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2016
    I have a rare Saturday night off so I'm out on the pissshh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2016 edited
    Bregt wrote
    That sounds actually rather cool even though I'd prefer it not in a place made for karaoke alone.

Go Thor! punk

Here's a pic from last night's shenanigans:

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp … e=578630E0

Today, I tried to fix myself with a few repair beers, then went to see a football match between Vålerenga (Oslo's main team) and Rosenborg (Norway's best team in the last 30 years). Very loud for someone with tinnitus, and the level of noise from the drunken fans behind us was unbelieveable.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2016
    Shenanigans? Oh my!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016
    biggrin
    Kazoo

6. That looks like a set from Attack of the (Singing) Clones.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016 edited
    This weekend will actually be spent in the Norwegian mountainside.

A friend of mine has a small apartment near a hotel in a 'cabin area' by Norefjell (about 1 hour and 30 minutes' drive from Oslo). The 'cabin area' bit makes it a bit commercial, perhaps, but I hope to take a few hikes out in the more desolate areas. Or, if there's still a lot of snow, I need to ski (which I'm rather terrible at).

Bringing wine, beers and a poker set. We also have access to a pool and various other amenities. Nature and comfort all at once!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016
    Wooow.

cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, you've seen the fjords already, Bregt. But you REALLY need to see the Norwegian mountainside proper -- a hike up our tallest mountain Galdhøpiggen, for example. I only tried that once in my life, but had to return 20 minutes before we reached the top because of a massive blizzard.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I remember that. That doesn't make me less sad.

cry cry
    Kazoo
  7. That looks absolutely awesome, Thor. Have a good time!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh yes, now THAT'S my kind of terrain. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2016
    Anyone has any plans tonight?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Alrighty, then.

Silence of the lambs.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm going out, anyway. Hooking up with some film/stage/music folks. Screw you all! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2016
    I was too busy being out all day and night to post here. tongue

And I was too mentalised to post after I got back.

I am now paying for it big time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2016
    Probably a good thing that you didn't post, then. I've got something to learn from you there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2016
    Played the Battlestar Galactica Board Game for 5 hours and then off to a food truck festival in town and then another board game and then back to the trucks to drink more!
    Kazoo