• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    My intention tonight is to get drunk and destroy Bristol.

punk

I went to a great party last night (actually, as we know it here, the Mother of All Parties) so tonight I´m having dinner with some friends, a beer or two and relax cool

That sounds really cool Marcel cool

Did you destroy Barcelona last night? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

punk

I went to a great party last night (actually, as we know it here, the Mother of All Parties) so tonight I´m having dinner with some friends, a beer or two and relax cool

We were not in Barcelona but a city where we used to hang out when we were 17 - 18 years old. Now, once a year, we go to the same place we used to go before and we do a remember: same music as 14 years ago, same people, and everybody drunk dancing and laughing all night long. Love it!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

punk

We were not in Barcelona but a city where we used to hang out when we were 17 - 18 years old. Now, once a year, we go to the same place we used to go before and we do a remember: same music as 14 years ago, same people, and everybody drunk dancing and laughing all night long. Love it!

That really does sound good. It's great to catch up with old friends smile beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

punk

That really does sound good. It's great to catch up with old friends smile beer

Indeed it is beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Speaking of which, what are some good places to party in Barcelona, Marselus?

When I was there in 2007, we liked Chupitos, of course, with all the stuff happening when you're ordering drinks (the only downside is that my cell phone was stolen there!). We were also at a few places close to LA RAMBLA, but I can't remember what they were called.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009 edited
    I've had a good day today. Had a job interview in Scandinavia's largest film and TV production company (Nordisk Film), and I may have landed a 2-month project as caster for a new TV show (sorry, can't reveal details yet). I say MAY, it's not confirmed yet.

The sun is shining, it's Spring in the air and I'm off for some payday beers with former colleagues.

cool and beer

(just for old times sake, I'm gonna post this in the long-defunct "Cheers!" thread as FSM as well!)

What's your Friday plans, peeps?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009
    Good luck Thor, I hope you get it cool

Me....it's BEER night beer
  1. considering I'm a bit down with a nasty soar throat, I'm staying in doors (the weather changed like a son of a bitch here, man is it windy and cold) sad

Ah, staying in, taking lots of flueds and gonna watch a couple of Battlestar Galactica episodes, enough to get me through the evening
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009
    I've just returned from a freakin' tour of beer. Been drinking since 13:00, drunk as hell. a good 14-hour party. I just wanted to say hi before i go to bed. good night, sweet folk.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I've just returned from a freakin' tour of beer. Been drinking since 13:00, drunk as hell. a good 14-hour party. I just wanted to say hi before i go to bed. good night, sweet folk.

Bless yer Thor cool beer
  2. Thor wrote

Good spelling for such a binge!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor wrote

Good spelling for such a binge!

Velly good point!? cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    One of my mates works at a pub and it was only him on shift last night. There were a few of us there, and after he'd finished work we had a lock in. The novelty of pouring your own pint is cool but it wears off after the third. Still, we were sitting on these really comfortable sofas at the back of the restaurant area with an ipod dock there playing loads of 80s tunes. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    an ipod dock there playing loads of 80s tunes. cool

Poor man.
    Poor, POOR man!
    sad

Thor wrote

I want your spelling checker!!!
    Sounds like an EXCELLENT party, BTW.cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    A bit early to ressurect this thread, perhaps, but that's because I have to catch a plane and will not have access to a computer thereafter.

I'm going to Bergen and the Gullruten Awards today (Norway's equivalent to the Emmy's). The big show and party is tomorrow, but I'm going today. Should be great fun, even though I have no ambition to suck up to the A list celebrities. To me, it's just one big party.

I'll let you know on Sunday if we won or not.

Rock on! punk
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HAVE
    FUN
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    A bit early to ressurect this thread, perhaps, but that's because I have to catch a plane and will not have access to a computer thereafter.

I'm going to Bergen and the Gullruten Awards today (Norway's equivalent to the Emmy's). The big show and party is tomorrow, but I'm going today. Should be great fun, even though I have no ambition to suck up to the A list celebrities. To me, it's just one big party.

I'll let you know on Sunday if we won or not.

Rock on! punk

I want a FULL report. Have fun. punk beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tonight I'm off to a close friends 40th birthday bash, there'll be bands playing and copious amounts of booze, he's a very popular person and I expect it'll be packed out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    40? You should buy him an OAP bus pass for a laugh. biggrin
  3. OAP?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    40? You should buy him an OAP bus pass for a laugh. biggrin

I was thinking of a Zimmer frame ( oh fer pete's sake...Ziiiimmmmmeeerrrrrrrrrrr freezing )

On the plus side his hair is completely grey....I'm older than him and I've hardly got any biggrin cool
  4. Just enjoyed 2 episodes of Battlestar
    Really, you don't nead more to enjoy yourself on a friday evening smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    I just had three cups of tea. Whooo!! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    Girl, you so MAD! spin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2009 edited
    Just now returned from the wild party weekend.

On Friday, there was a special award ceremony for the people working behind the camera. This was a very "closed circle" thing with industry peeps and hot shots and bosses. However, it was staged by the graduate class from Lillehammer Film and TV School, which led to many screw-ups. But I'm sure it was a valuable experience for them. Afterwards, there was a "mingling" session in the second floor. I think I had 10 pints all in all...

The next day was the award ceremony itself. Red carpets, Norwegian celebs, you know the drill. Although amputated somewhat by a fierce rain storm (typical of Bergen). The show was decent enough, but far more lowkey and IMO a bit boring, at least compared to the 2006 show where I was nominated for antics in FRONT OF the camera. Also, some of the jury decisions were odd, to put it mildly. That also goes for OUR category, which we lost. sad Of course, I'm biased, but many others said the same thing...they couldn't understand how a concept such as ours - which was the talk of every cantina in 2008 - didn't win. Oh well. Afterwards, there were hefty amounts of dancing and partying...and white wine (I don't like to drink beer after a beer-heavy day). And singing around the piano! smile

There was a little drama at the end of the night, as I couldn't find my "fancy"-looking blazer that I had stupidly put behind a speaker by the stage as we were dancing. I say 'stupidly' because my VISA card was in the pocket! I looked high and low as the guests were leaving for nachspiels (after-parties), but nowhere to be found. I had to run to my hotel in a thin shirt while it was raining horizontally! Fortunately, they called me from the venue this morning...it had been found....WITH the VISA card!! Thank God.

Anyways, fun weekend, all in all! smile

Here are some pictures from the show.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2009
    You know the drill mate; it's awards. When were they ever fair? wink Glad you had fun!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009
    Glad you had fun THor and sorry you lost.

Don't leave important things unattended in your pockets.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    Tonights big debate.

Will I or will I not go out tonight?

dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A political debate? Well, that's an extra, BIG reason to go out tonight, even if you didn't plan as such in the beginning!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Out it is then biggrin beer