• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Got this in an e-mail today:

Jeff Beal - Appaloosa/The Company

This week Visions In Sound features the music of recent Emmy Award Winning composer Jeff Beal. Featured music this week will be from his scores from the Ed Harris directed western Appaloosa and his Emmy Award Winning Socre To "The Company". Also included is an interview with Jeff.

Join me at CKWR 98.5 - FM this Saturday, September 27th from 2:00-4:00 a.m (EASTERN TIME).

Not in the CKWR listening area but still want to hear Visions In Sound (Saturday's at 2-4am)? Just visit www.ckwr.com CLICK "LISTEN LIVE"

Can't listen to the show on Saturday? Want to hear past shows? You can visit www.genienet.ca and just click the Visions In Sound link on the top of the page.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    APPALOOSA

CD COVER

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6 … SS500_.jpg
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008 edited
    Howdy pardners! Here's my review of APPALOOSA, for anyone with a hankerin' for a western score

http://www.moviemusicuk.us/appaloosacd.htm

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008
    The theme is absolutely outstanding and Jon's review doesn't do it justice.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I love the theme, however the entire score doesn't do all that much for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How's that so lovable theme like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's like, a theme. And it's quite lovable.
    I believe it employs both instruments and notes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote It's like, a theme. And it's quite lovable. I believe it employs both instruments and notes.

I told you before dear friend: your witty disguises (linguistic or not) don't fool anyone. You're clearly, very evil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've not gotten into the rest of the score yet. But I am planning on going to the movie on Monday and then I'll have a much better idea.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    sdtom wrote
    I've not gotten into the rest of the score yet. But I am planning on going to the movie on Monday and then I'll have a much better idea.
    Thomas smile

Please report back on the film. I'm eager to see it.
  2. Here's Clark Douglas's review of the film, and the score as heard in the film:

http://www.moviemusicuk.us/appaloosamovie.htm
  3. And the other Varese one is:

Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
    Limited edition of 1000 copies.

CDs expected to begin shipping by Nov. 20
    Music by Jeff Beal

Tom Selleck

In STONE COLD, based on the best-selling book by Robert B. Parker, Tom Selleck is Jesse Stone, a former L.A. homicide detective who left behind the big city and an ex-wife to become the police chief of the quiet New England fishing town of Paradise, Massachusetts. Stone's old habits die hard as he continues to indulge in his two favorite things” scotch and women. When a series of murders take place, and a high school girl is raped, he's forced to face his own demons in order to solve the crimes.

The mysterious and bone-chilling score is from Jeff Beal, composer of Appaloosa, Rome, and Monk.

Jesse Stone returned in NIGHT PASSAGE, SEA CHANGE, DEATH IN PARADISE, and THIN ICE - selections from which are also included. All of these Jesse Stone titles are currently available on DVD.

1. Paradise (Jesse's Theme) (3:45)
    2. Jesse Walks Home (1:55)
    3. Candace (1:44)
    4. No Remorse (3:34)
    5. There's Something Else (3:26)
    6. Sea Change (2:35)
    7. Saying Goodbye to Boomer (3:03)
    8. Suitcase Simpson (:50)
    9. Being Followed (2:03)
    10. Death In Paradise (1:40)
    11. Are You Tough? (1:03)
    12. Life Beyond Work (2:07)
    13. Above My Pay Grade (2:19)
    14. Jesse's Nightmare (1:04)
    15. Billy's Room (1:37)
    16. Making Evidence Fit (1:30)
    17. The Lincolns (2:14)
    18. The Next Murder (1:39)
    19. She Was Pregnant (1:50)
    20. Jealousy's A Powerful Thing (3:23)
    21. What Are You Doing Here (:59)
    22. Emily Bishop (1:33)
    23. Put You Away (5:46)
    24. Gonna Clean House (1:38)
    25. How Long Have You Known? (4:17)
    26. Going Home Again (2:55)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Liking Jeff as I do this could be an interesting release for me.
    tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    JEFF BEAL's "JESSE STONE: STONE COLD" TV score from 2005 released on limited edition [CD]

Limited Edition of 1000 copies. No digital release.

SOUND CLIPS can be heard over at colosseum.de, here: http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … -Cold.html

More info on the movie and release: http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2009/ … ld-tv.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm starting to get very fond of Beal's work. This sounds very interesting. I think I'll get it!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Like the sound of it. But, God, what a fucking awful cover. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It wouldn't be the first release with a shitty cd cover, most of the industry (and admitedly people too) don't seem to give a fudge about cd covers anymore, which results in truly horrible artwork these days that nobody notices.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016 edited
    Back in January, Emmy-winning composer Jeff Beal was recording music for the last two episodes of fourth season of the hit Netflix original series, House of Cards. Scoring took place at his home in Agoura Hills, CA, where Beal conducted a 26-piece string ensemble. ScoringSessions.com is delighted to bring our readers a look at the session!

http://scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2016 edited
    Cool video with Jeff Beal explaining some of the main themes for House of Cards (via WSA)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fODB8ttWY3k
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2016
    very nice
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2016
    Jeff Beal won Best Composer for Television World Soundtrack Awards yesterday.

At the concert yesterday, he performed live with a trumpet and horn for a House of Cards Season 4 Suite. Fabulous!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2017 edited
    2 concerts in the Netherlands (Amsterdam and Utrecht) in April (22nd and 23rd), and in Denmark (Odense) in May (2nd and 3rd)

More info at
    http://soundtrackfest.com/en/news/house … rt-2017-2/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2017
    Darn I am in Prague then.
  4. There is an episode of the podcast Song Exploder with Jeff Beal, where he talks about the creative process behind creating the title track for House of Cards. The podcast is short, but very interesting to listen to, an insight into the collaborative process of the composer and the director. Its on iTunes, might be on Soundcloud as well