• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ … pstoryview

Very, very sad news.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Indeed. Very talented actor and a great human being. He´ll be missed.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I truly enjoyed The Verdict and Harper among so many
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008 edited
    Terrible news. I am deeply saddened. A great part of American and movie culture has been lost...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh NO! sad

I knew he was retired of course, and he was getting on...but it's just so hard seeing the heroes of the past fall away.
    sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Wow, sad news indeed sad
    R.I.P. Mr.Newman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's frustrating to sit back and watch as the golden generation of Hollywood (actors, directors, composers) one after the other fades away and gives way to the Adam Sandlers of this world sad
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's frustrating to sit back and watch as the golden generation of Hollywood (actors, directors, composers) one after the other fades away and gives way to the Adam Sandlers of this world sad

Well said!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Christodoulides wrote

Few will argue this now, but time tends to put a perspective on things. Who knows, we might end up saying the same thing about Adam Sandlers himself in 50 years.

Very sad news about Mr. Newman. It's almost eerie that I just watched Road to Perdition last night...

Paul Newman is an icon of my people because of SlapShot. Although it's an American movie, it's a film that holds tremendous significance to the French Canadian people because of its slang dub, something that practically never happens... With Mr. Newman's passing, I'll be regarding that movie all the more bittersweetly now.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HeeroJF wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Few will argue this now, but time tends to put a perspective on things. Who knows, we might end up saying the same thing about Adam Sandlers himself in 50 years.

Only when he elects (and manages) to turn his being typecast in godawful dime-a-dozen stupid comedies around a 180 degrees with a dramatic and critically acclaimed bombshell.
    The only guy who made that happen in recent history so far is Tom Hanks.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Martijn wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Only when he elects (and manages) to turn his being typecast in godawful dime-a-dozen stupid comedies around a 180 degrees with a dramatic and critically acclaimed bombshell.
    The only guy who made that happen in recent history so far is Tom Hanks.

Jim Carrey?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    UGH!
    You're KIDDING!

Jim's like Woody Allen: he has the potential to be a pretty good actor I guess, but he needs an absolute monster of a director to keep him in check. Tom is miles beyond that.
    Not very impressed with Jim's dramatic roles so far anyway, which seem more a slightly dampened take on his usual manic self.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008
    Connery did well to shed the bond image
    listen to more classical music!