• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    Latest update:

zirael - 24 beer
    plindboe - 14
    Timmer - 10
    HeeroJF - 9
    BhelPuri - 4
    Thomas Glorieux - 0

A significant surge from zirael (including the bonus) secures the top spot. But will it secure victory? I'll probably post the results tomorrow evening around this time.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  1. BhelPuri has asked for this game to be extended until the weekend so that additional suggestions can be submitted. So, if no-one has any objections, I'll let this game sink a few pages...I mean, keep this game open...until then.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    I've figured out a way to secure a perfect score: I intend to send you another PM of answers Bairn, and all my answers will be "42".

No one can contest that. dizzy
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. I just want the answers angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    Thanks for these clips, they are great! cheesy

Of course I don't know a single one and the clues require some research and knowledge so I won't get started on that either...

Where do you find all this music?? It's hidden indeed.

Right now I'm wondering if clip 20 is pre or post Batman Begins / Da Vinci Code. wink
  3. Bregje wrote

Of course I don't know a single one and the clues require some research and knowledge so I won't get started on that either...

Right now I'm wondering if clip 20 is pre or post Batman Begins / Da Vinci Code. wink

Please Bregje, join me on the final possition wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregje wrote

Please Bregje, join me on the final possition wink

Update:

zirael - 24
    plindboe - 14
    Timmer - 10
    HeeroJF - 9
    BhelPuri - 4
    Thomas Glorieux - 0
    Bregje - 0
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote

zirael - 24
    plindboe - 14
    Timmer - 10
    HeeroJF - 9
    BhelPuri - 4
    Thomas Glorieux - 0
    Bregje - 0

Technically shouldn't Bregje be above Thomas purely for alphabetical reasons? tongue wink
  4. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Anthony wrote
    Technically shouldn't Bregje be above Thomas purely for alphabetical reasons? tongue wink

Good point!

zirael - 24
    plindboe - 14
    Timmer - 10
    HeeroJF - 9
    BhelPuri - 4
    Bregje - 0
    Thomas Glorieux - 0
  6. Poor Thomas biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Good point!

zirael - 24
    plindboe - 14
    Timmer - 10
    HeeroJF - 9
    BhelPuri - 4
    Bregje - 0
    Thomas Glorieux - 0

Alan, you are a gentleman cool

I'm sure Thomas will agree wink smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. He should...
  8. I've now had some additional guesses from BhelPuri and so I'll finish the game here.

And the winner is...

BhelPuri - 26 beer
    zirael - 24 crazy
    plindboe - 14
    Timmer - 10
    HeeroJF - 9
    Bregje - 0
    Thomas Glorieux - 0

Thanks to everyone to took part and I hope that people have heard something that interests them. I'd say that for some of the clips the tracks featured may not be representative of the quality of the CD as a whole.

Answers:

01 - "Prelude" - Some Came Running (1) - Elmer Bernstein (5)
    02 - "Dogs, Ponies & Old Ruins" - Images (3) - John Williams (3)
    03 - "Powrot" - Bandyta (0) - Michal Lorenc (0)
    04 - "Main Title" - Into Thin Air: Death On Everest (5) - Lee Holdridge (5)
    05 - "To The White House (Main Title)" - Shadow Conspiracy (0) - Bruce Broughton (0)
    06 - "Bourré" - Amic/Amat (0) - Carles Cases (0)
    07 - "Main Theme" - The Hole (0) - Clint Mansell (0)
    08 - "The Miracle" - Xenosaga (0) - Yasunori Mitsuda (0)
    09 - "Opening Titles" - Abandon (0) - Clint Mansell (0)
    10 - "Piano Theme No.1" - Cold Creek Manor (0) - Mike Figgis (0)
    11 - "Overture" - Coronado (0) - Ralf Wienrich (0)
    12 - "Cruce En El Jardín" - Tiempo de Tormenta (2) - Angel Illarramendi (3)
    13 - "Amor Idiota" - Amor Idiota (1) - Carles Cases (1)
    14 - "Pancakes" - Madre Teresa (5) - Guy Farley (5)
    15 - "La Ferrara Delle Burle II" - E Ridendo l'Uccise (2) - Ennio Morricone (2)
    16 - "Chiamami Fratello" - Antonio Guerriero di Dio (2) - Pino Donaggio (4)
    17 - "Track 12" - Kurenai No Monsho (1) - Tamiya Terashima (2)
    18 - "Robin Hood Theme" - Robin Hood (4) - Andy Price (4)
    19 - "Track 2" - Guardian of The Sacred Spirit (4) - Kenji Kawai (4)
    20 - "Destiny" - La Baronessa di Carini (1) - Paolo Vivaldi (3)
    Bo - "Los Entrenamientos" - Torrente 3 (2) - Roque Baños (2)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    Good game! Lots of tough ones but beauties. I was going to pm you after figuring out the Morricone but too late for that.
    Funny how I thought #6 sounded like Cases but didn't think there were two of his clips in this game. Nice one!

An awesome job by zirael wave
  9. Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

zirael - 24
    plindboe - 14
    Timmer - 10
    HeeroJF - 9
    BhelPuri - 4
    Thomas Glorieux - 0
    Bregje - 0

you guys are twits, you know that? biggrin
  10. nice game though, these are indeed serious hidden gems. I wonder if you can get a hold of these at shops
  11. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I wonder if you can get a hold of these at shops

As far as I am aware they should all be available to buy - at least online. Out of the set, Wienrich's score is the only one that is a download-only purchase.

I'm listening at the moment to another set of "hidden gems" but I'll keep these for sometime in the future. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    I'm glad I didn't waste time sending more guesses because I wouldn't have got them.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    Congrats BP! I bet it was that Carles Cases that put you over the top. wink
  12. Timmer wrote
    I'm glad I didn't waste time sending more guesses because I wouldn't have got them.

pfff, I have zero points, but I still have the balls to ridicule myself in front of an audience tongue

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008 edited
    Great game, with lots o goodies! Lots I'll have to check out. I'll go to SST to request those tracks now. Thanks for filling in the track titles, Alan.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

pfff, I have zero points, but I still have the balls to ridicule myself in front of an audience tongue

biggrin

Yes, you have cajones beer cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008
    GHA! I knew I owned that #1 Elmer Bernstein score. Just couldn't go through my collection in time to guess the right one.

And Shadow Conspiracy and Images and Abandon??? I own those too, I can't believe I didn't recognize any of them!

Also I'm a huge Yasunori Mitsuda fan, but I don't have Xenosaga yet. No wonder I didn't recognize that one.

Good game! Made all the more fun with the hints!
    J-F
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2008
    If no one else has a game ready then I shall go ahead and make my clips for the next one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2008
    Sounds good, Bhel.

Peter smile