• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009 edited
    For the record; i am sorry i offended you Bregje, it was never my intention. But if you calmly read through the lines of what i said, i believe you'll understand my point. I am not saying you should necessarily agree with it though.

And because i don't want to pass along as someone who's beaten his civilized and romantic side dead for long now, i have to say that i am with my babe for over a year now whom i completely respect, love and adore and have we a great time with one another. We've known each other for several years before we dated and we are buddies first, lovers then. I wouldn't change my relationship with her as it is now, for nothing.

But still, there are some subjects we'll never agree on nor completely understand each other. It's not a matter of cleverness or not, it's a matter of different ways of thinking on certain subjects, between men and women and i just live it to that, as an observation. No harm done. As mini-surveys similar to Martijn's will show you, you'll find that on these specific subject matters you'll get the same answers from men on general lines, in contrast to the other side, the same / similar answers from women you'll ask.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    I think D may have been a little inebriated when he posted that! (At least that's what it sounds like. biggrin ) Plus he's Greek. It's his job to let passion get in the way of clear-thinking! biggrin wink

No, i wasn't dear friend. I completely mean what i say. I frequently have to face that not everyone likes the way i express my thoughts and they like to "excuse me" in that way (passion vs clear thinking) but believe me that is always how i act and it has cost me in some cases and i have benefited from others. I know my views can be regarded as extreme by some people but that won't make change them nor hold back from expressing them.

As for what i said, i mean it. I know i am not a woman of course and i could never understand 100% the way some think (thus my other point) but how the HELL can you find Martijn boring, geeky or NOT a good company if you aren't actually retarded?

But NOBODY here thinks that about Martijn. I think this discussion has lost the point somewhere!? Either that or I've lost the point!?? dizzy

Some chicks he once dated said so? I believe he said that himself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Here. http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … -/#Item_11
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    I think D may have been a little inebriated when he posted that! (At least that's what it sounds like. biggrin ) Plus he's Greek. It's his job to let passion get in the way of clear-thinking! biggrin wink

No, i wasn't dear friend. I completely mean what i say. I frequently have to face that not everyone likes the way i express my thoughts and they like to "excuse me" in that way (passion vs clear thinking) but believe me that is always how i act and it has cost me in some cases and i have benefited from others. I know my views can be regarded as extreme by some people but that won't make change them nor hold back from expressing them.

Hmm, are you saying you would not change your views even if someone is able to present, perhaps, a more reasonable one? I don't mean any offense of course, but there are times - quite possibly all the time - when stubbornness in debates simply doesn't work.

It's one thing to have passion, and a good thing at that - a great thing in fact - but to let it get in the way of a reasonable debate (whatever the debate may be) is quite another. Again, no offense intended, but I do feel your passion, at least in your semantics, somewhat takes over a lot of the arguments you put forward. Is that necessarily a bad thing? Yes and no, I think. It's a very fine line.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn

Yeah, but nobody HERE thinks that about me.

Except Franz.
    But obviously we've been mixed up in a bloody feud for ages.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregje wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Hey!
    I kinda liked D.'s comment.

Probably another example of this 'allegience duty for friends' thing I do not understand apparently...

No.
    he just said a nice thing about me, for which I'm grateful.

He also said a very not nice thing about dead-retarded chicks he doesn't even know... confused
    If they were his friends and you were not, he would say that about you, right? Is that how it works?

It wasn't about the comment about you. I don't understand how someone can not understand that sometimes two people don't like eachother, or one likes the other and the other doesn't like the one back, or whatever. Someone can be boring to one and fun to another. Why am I explaining this, everyone knows that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Hmm, are you saying you would not change your views even if someone is able to present, perhaps, a more reasonable one? I don't mean any offense of course, but there are times - quite possibly all the time - when stubbornness in debates simply doesn't work.

It's one thing to have passion, and a good thing at that - a great thing in fact - but to let it get in the way of a reasonable debate (whatever the debate may be) is quite another. Again, no offense intended, but I do feel your passion, at least in your semantics, somewhat takes over a lot of the arguments you put forward. Is that necessarily a bad thing? Yes and no, I think. It's a very fine line.

I was talking about how i present my opinions initially. This always changes according to the process of the conversation and the person i am talking with and his / her arguments. OF course i can change my views on something when the other party manages to convince me with better and more logical arguments! But if that's not the case, then this is where my views come along as extreme and offensive to many. But what to do? You can't be loved by everyone angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    You can't be loved by everyone angelic

You mean... there's someone out there that doesn't love me?? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote
    He also said a very not nice thing about dead-retarded chicks he doesn't even know... confused
    If they were his friends and you were not, he would say that about you, right? Is that how it works?

It wasn't about the comment about you. I don't understand how someone can not understand that sometimes two people don't like eachother, or one likes the other and the other doesn't like the one back, or whatever. Someone can be boring to one and fun to another. Why am I explaining this, everyone knows that.

And this is where the "women help other women against the men the pigs" instinct kicked in, right ? tongue kiss kiss

I don't care about the chicks dear Bregje. I care more about Martijn, you, my friends. The others i don't know, can be anything to me. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't even know what any of you are talking about.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Go drink another 23 pints of beer Thor.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    scroll back a page or two
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    scroll back a page or two

No no no NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Go drink another 23 pints of beer Thor.

Yes yes yes YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! biggrin cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    Booze! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! lick beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009 edited
    I boozed myself out last night, actually, and am taking it easy tonight.

We had our monthly payday beer last night, and I was hosting a "Friday the 13th/Horror"-themed quiz with my staff. My part was a "recgnize the horror film music"-segment of 6 clips. Pretty easy stuff, especially since I had included hints, but you have to do that with "common folks"! wink

Anyways, I got so pissed I don't even remember how I got home!

Happy boozin', Tim (or anyone else)! Are you going to a party?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    No parties but an enjoyable night, I knew I was mashed after I played one game of pool and was easily beat by someone who could barely play cheesy wink ....and I didn't give a toss!

Easy as they were what were the horror music clips you played Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    No parties but an enjoyable night, I knew I was mashed after I played one game of pool and was easily beat by someone who could barely play cheesy wink ....and I didn't give a toss!

PSYCHO, THE OMEN, HALLOWEEN, HELLRAISER, ALIEN and SCREAM.

My hints were like this:

PSYCHO - no hints
    THE OMEN - even Super Nanny would have been helpless here
    HALLOWEEN - "Austin Power's" pale name brother
    HELLRAISER - facial acupuncture gone terribly wrong
    ALIEN - In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream
    SCREAM - Edvard Munch Goes Hollywood
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

PSYCHO, THE OMEN, HALLOWEEN, HELLRAISER, ALIEN and SCREAM.

My hints were like this:

PSYCHO - no hints
    THE OMEN - even Super Nanny would have been helpless here
    HALLOWEEN - "Austin Power's" pale name brother
    HELLRAISER - facial acupuncture gone terribly wrong
    ALIEN - In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream
    SCREAM - Edvard Munch Goes Hollywood

I particularly like the last clue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well from the whole discussion I just read I have to say 5 things.
    a. I have helped a friend once in an opposite situation. I played the potential girlfriend so the one he was interested in would get jealous and react. It worked actually.
    b. Yes, we (as women) think differently and the epic fall it NOT to try make us understand the male reasoning (I assure you we do that exeptionaly well). It's an epic fall to PERSUADE us. At least that's how I see it.
    c. I liked the part of being Greek = being passionate about what we say but let's face it guys most of the times being Greek = having a good point in what we say so we support it in a passionate way.
    d. Which girl wouldn't want to date Martjn?! She would be stupid!
    And e. Tim is right. The thread is losing it's point.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote

THANK YOU. My point exactly, of course she was stupid!

Do i have to worry btw? Me playing the potential female date of Martijn too much? shocked
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

Off to enter a pool contest....now I MUST take it seriously. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

THANK YOU. My point exactly, of course she was stupid!

I like Greeks.
    i really, really, really do.

Do i have to worry btw? Me playing the potential female date of Martijn too much? shocked
    biggrin

I worry about Greeks.
    i really, really, really do.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Off to enter a pool contest....now I MUST take it seriously. cool

I lost in the semi-final. slant

Off to the pop quiz for the first time in a few weeks, we shall see................
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me. I'm off to the gym... moriturus te salutat... sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Me. I'm off to the gym... moriturus te salutat... sad

Media vita in morte sumus rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Whah????
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    EH?

I'm ABOUt to die.
    Not already getting BURIED.

But thanks for the moral pat on the back. sad
    cry

:despondent:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    Moriturus te salutat: he who is about to die, salutes you
    Media vita in morte sumus: in the midst of life, we are in death
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    EH?

I'm ABOUt to die.
    Not already getting BURIED.

But thanks for the moral pat on the back. sad
    cry

:despondent:

Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's monster

"Gym?.....Bad... BAAAAADDDDD!" crazy

"Port?.......Good...GOOOOOOOOODDDDD!" beer