• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote

Good tunesmith is Batt, a shame he didn't do more film scores.

yeah
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2016
    The title of this thread is appropriate as I'm feeling pretty shitty with a bunged up face and runny nose and sore throat.

Time for some port and brandy I guess drink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Way ahead of you. Insomnia has been kicking me ass recently... so fuck it. Booze and film music it is.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds like a good plan. Cheers bud beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's telling that, when I've been drinkinhg, the first thing I want to do is listen to film music. It's a wonderful thing not to have to believe in nonsense in order to experience this sort of transcendence. I don't have to apologise for it; I just have to say it's what I love. No evidence required.

Again, fuck it. I'm drunk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's interesting, because I rarely want to listen to film music when I'm drinking. Usually rock or pop, or hardhitting electronic music.

Speaking of which, I haven't "partied" since that fateful evening three weeks ago (see post on last page). I've had some stomach issues for the last months that have only increased in intensity (no, it's not necessarily alcohol-related; we're still charting it), so I've been extremely careful with booze. Had 1 beer today, 3 yesterday. And the weekend before that, 5 glasses of wine on Friday and 3 beers on Saturday. In my world, that is practically nothing.

Hope I get things sorted out, so I can get back to my usual schedule.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    That's interesting, because I rarely want to listen to film music when I'm drinking. Usually rock or pop, or hardhitting electronic music.

This may explain why you're not the most popular chap in film music circles. If you don't want to listen to film music when you're drunk, you're no film music fan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2016 edited
    Film music is so BOOOOOOOOORING. It's not supposed to be heard outside the movie.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Exactly. You're full of shit.
  2. Yes, I've always been of the opinion that film music should be seen and not heard.

wait wut
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Exactly. You're full of shit.

Hey, hey...no reason to diss my stomach issues. :D
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's the least of your issues. I'd be happy to help.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Where's the local milk bar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2016
    Steven would fit right in in the CLOCKWORK ORANGE universe. Angry, young men.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2016
    In Reykjavik and pissed up. Not cheap! dizzy
  3. Timmer wrote
    In Reykjavik and pissed up. Not cheap! dizzy

Already looking forward to the photos.

Of Reykjavik.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Woow, that's awesome Timmer! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Really, Timmer? A spontaneous trip?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2016 edited
    Went to a concert of Seasick Steve yesterday evening.
    He seems a really nice bloke (I especially appreciated him kicking the shit out of an audience asshat who aparently was bothering some girls and making a general nuisance of himself), and it was an entertaining show, but at the end of the day I don't care very much for that two-chord blues style. It's OK for one or two songs, but I'm generally done after that.

I honestly much preferred the opening Belgian act Black Box Revelation: also a two-man show (drums and electric guitar) but with way more rock and swing, with a 1990s-ish rhythm and blues vibe that reminds me of the Black Crows and Oasis.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Steven wrote
    It's telling that, when I've been drinkinhg, the first thing I want to do is listen to film music. It's a wonderful thing not to have to believe in nonsense in order to experience this sort of transcendence. I don't have to apologise for it; I just have to say it's what I love. No evidence required.

Again, fuck it. I'm drunk.

For me it's arena type cheesy rock music:

Salde My Oh My
    Alphaville Forever Young
    Pink Floyd In the Flesh
    Eloy Sun Song
    M83 Outro
    Styx Suite Madame Blue
    Arena Hanging Tree

shame smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2016 edited
    Yeah, Volker, that's pretty good too -- for that purpose. I also sing a lot of karaoke when I'm gearing up for a party, and I have my own list of those (some guilty pleasures there; lots of Disney).
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Yeah, Volker, that's pretty good too -- for that purpose. I also sing a lot of karaoke when I'm gearing up for a party, and I have my own list of those (some guilty pleasures there; lots of Disney).

Well you sing them so good, so why wouldn't they be your favorites? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2016
    Thor wrote

Yes. Nothing more than a long weekend. Loved everything except the prices, goddamn expensive country.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I don't care very much for that two-chord blues style. It's OK for one or two songs, but I'm generally done after that.

I have friends who love blues but I'm with you, I like it but can only take so much. I prefer my blues in a rock & roll style ala The Stones etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Yes. Nothing more than a long weekend. Loved everything except the prices, goddamn expensive country.

Still, a long weekend is something. I've never even set my foot outside the Reykjavik airport. I thought the country's bankrupcy would result in cheaper stuff, not more expensive?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2016 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Still, a long weekend is something. I've never even set my foot outside the Reykjavik airport. I thought the country's bankrupcy would result in cheaper stuff, not more expensive?

I was there 4 and 5 years ago, and between those two trips, everything got a little bit more expensive (a hut on the famous Laugavegur increased 5EUR a night in that time for example). I cannot imagine what it is now. I'm sure it's nearing prices close to before the crash.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Is it more expensive than Norway?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YES!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Fuck.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. That's quite an achievement.