• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Worked out.
    Am dead.

Bye cruel world.

Too tired to drag self to bed.

The pain...the pain...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Worked out.
    Am dead.

Bye cruel world.

Too tired to drag self to bed.

The pain...the pain...

What kind of workout did you do?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    No parties but an enjoyable night, I knew I was mashed after I played one game of pool and was easily beat by someone who could barely play cheesy wink ....and I didn't give a toss!

Easy as they were what were the horror music clips you played Thor?

Off to enter a pool contest....now I MUST take it seriously. cool

I lost in the semi-final. slant

Off to the pop quiz for the first time in a few weeks, we shall see................

We had a team of 5 and came 3rd.....we were tied with another team for 2nd but lost on one question tie break slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

A combination of cardio and...um...jayses, I have no idea what that's called. Power training?
    Something like that?

Not properly with weights, but using machines: specifically those designed to strengthen and work out back and shoulder muscles (like the lat pull down). Main reason is to build up my back and shoulder muscles to counter any fallout from my hernia in coming years. Getting the muscles to counter the loss of power in my spine apparently is quite essential.

The one workout type I cannot do is anything to do with my hips, so any leg extensions or curls are right out.
    Even sit-ups are a very definite no no.

Luckily my legs are extremely strong, so I'm not to worried about my body getting "out of balance", but sadly now there is no excercise I can do whatsoever to counter that fourth decade flab that adorns my middle... sad
    Guesss all I can do is watch my diet.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    We had a team of 5 and came 3rd.....we were tied with another team for 2nd but lost on one question tie break slant

Just out of interest: what was the question?
    (Or are you saving it for a future True/False? wink )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Just out of interest: what was the question?
    (Or are you saving it for a future True/False? wink )

I honestly can't remember except it was about The Smiths and I wasn't the member nominated from my team to answer it, I do rememvber that I didn't know the answer; the member nominated did know the answer but wasn't fast enough. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You probably just would have answered "GOLD" anyway. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

A combination of cardio and...um...jayses, I have no idea what that's called. Power training?
    Something like that?

Not properly with weights, but using machines: specifically those designed to strengthen and work out back and shoulder muscles (like the lat pull down). Main reason is to build up my back and shoulder muscles to counter any fallout from my hernia in coming years. Getting the muscles to counter the loss of power in my spine apparently is quite essential.

The one workout type I cannot do is anything to do with my hips, so any leg extensions or curls are right out.
    Even sit-ups are a very definite no no.

Luckily my legs are extremely strong, so I'm not to worried about my body getting "out of balance", but sadly now there is no excercise I can do whatsoever to counter that fourth decade flab that adorns my middle... sad
    Guesss all I can do is watch my diet.

I feel for you Martijn, it can't be easy having to work around an entire, very important part of your body. Do you have an instructor / supervisor advising you?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    You probably just would have answered "GOLD" anyway. wink

biggrin

The reply would have been "sorry, wrong! that was Spandau Ballet!" wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I feel for you Martijn, it can't be easy having to work around an entire, very important part of your body.

Actually it's less hassle than you'd think!
    The only thing is that you really have to pace yourself as the only thing you're training is your torso and arms. So there's no point in the training that that part gets a rest while you're wroking out another part.

Do you have an instructor / supervisor advising you?

Well...yes and no: there are some enthusiastic and young supervisors, but when I put some very direct and specific questions to them, they panic.

Hmmmm.... didn't we talk about this in another thread as well?
    I seem to remember discussing opening a "phsyical fitness" thread or something?
    Maybe this is a good opportunity to do so? (Though I have no idea how many people would actually be interested).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I feel for you Martijn, it can't be easy having to work around an entire, very important part of your body.

Actually it's less hassle than you'd think!
    The only thing is that you really have to pace yourself as the only thing you're training is your torso and arms. So there's no point in the training that that part gets a rest while you're wroking out another part.

Do you have an instructor / supervisor advising you?

Well...yes and no: there are some enthusiastic and young supervisors, but when I put some very direct and specific questions to them, they panic.

Hmmmm.... didn't we talk about this in another thread as well?
    I seem to remember discussing opening a "phsyical fitness" thread or something?
    Maybe this is a good opportunity to do so? (Though I have no idea how many people would actually be interested).

I was thinking the exact same thing. As it's heading towards summer ( except for our Antipodean friends wink ) many more people are concious of appearance once all the layers of clothing disappear.

I say why not? If you don't I will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Done.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Done.

biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009
    What is everyone here up to tonight?

Me, I'm going to go out and play some pool in preparation for the contest tomorrow but I'll take it easy on the beer, last night was a bit much dizzy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

Me, I'm going to go out and play some pool in preparation for the contest tomorrow but I'll take it easy on the beer, last night was a bit much dizzy wink

Staying in. As usual. Watching Match of the Day, and maybe a film. And eating fajitas!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Staying in. As usual. Watching Match of the Day, and maybe a film. And eating fajitas!

When are they playing? I only ask because I want to go to the bar tonight, but not if they're playing football. Drives all the women out and turns into a sausage fest.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

When are they playing? I only ask because I want to go to the bar tonight, but not if they're playing football. Drives all the women out and turns into a sausage fest.

"a sausage fest" biggrin

But lots of women love football now Steven.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not at this bar they don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

They're not playing, it's only highlights. It won't be on in the pub, don't worry.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Definitely one to avoid then.

Are you meeting friends?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Are you meeting friends?

Most likely as it's a Saturday. If all else fails, I know the bar staff pretty well... shame

If the football's on, then there's rarely a woman folk in sight.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Are you meeting friends?

Most likely as it's a Saturday. If all else fails, I know the bar staff pretty well... shame

Damn, what a shame you aren't here? The pub I'd take you tonight is usually rammed with knock-out girls, some of whom I know and could introduce ( as subtle as possible of course wink ) and we could even shoot pool!?

Oh well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Are you meeting friends?

Damn, what a shame you aren't here? The pub I'd take you tonight is usually rammed with knock-out girls, some of whom I know and could introduce ( as subtle as possible of course wink ) and we could even shoot pool!?

Oh well.

<long pause>

...did I ever tell you how much I love Bristol and really need to visit sometime? No?
    Oh.
    Well I do. I need to visit sometime. Soon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009 edited
    I bet even James would come out for that!? beer

One thing I hate about Bristol is that prices are on a par with London slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Are you meeting friends?

Oh well.

<long pause>

...did I ever tell you how much I love Bristol and really need to visit sometime? No?
    Oh.
    Well I do. I need to visit sometime. Soon.

me 2
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'll bring my iPod so they can listen to all the fine scores they're missing out on!

...what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

I most certainly would! I don't need a lady friend, but I would happily teach you all a lesson or two in playing pool.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

I most certainly would! I don't need a lady friend, but I would happily teach you all a lesson or two in playing pool.

Excssssellent devil