• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    I'd happily buy you a beer (or two) after your meds have finished! beer

I just need to go to Poland I suppose...

Count me in too, buddy! So, that's many beers for you Pawel! beer punk

I hear beer is cheap in Poland!? biggrin lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And Polish women are hot?! shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Yes, beer is pretty cheap, but of course, cheaper if you get it in a shop rather than a pub. But then again, drinking on the outside is plain illegal in most of the cities (or even in all of them) and the consequences are pretty hefty fines.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, beer is pretty cheap, but of course, cheaper if you get it in a shop rather than a pub. But then again, drinking on the outside is plain illegal in most of the cities (or even in all of them) and the consequences are pretty hefty fines.

What do you mean? Drinking beer with your buddies in a park (for instance) or another open-air public place, is illegal?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

A lot of Poles here in my city and yes, some of the girls are REALLY hot cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009 edited
    Cheap beer and hot women? And I'm not living there becaaaause...?
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, beer is pretty cheap, but of course, cheaper if you get it in a shop rather than a pub. But then again, drinking on the outside is plain illegal in most of the cities (or even in all of them) and the consequences are pretty hefty fines.

What do you mean? Drinking beer with your buddies in a park (for instance) or another open-air public place, is illegal?

Exactly.
  3. Steven wrote
    Cheap beer and hot women? And I'm not living there becaaaause...?

You don't know the language yet? IT's not easy bunny
  4. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

A lot of Poles here in my city and yes, some of the girls are REALLY hot cool

Yeah!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I would venture a guess that the only Polish Steven would possibly be acquainted with should be 'Zubrowka'.

I know I am.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. I try to recall if I drank it at all lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I would venture a guess that the only Polish Steven would possibly be acquainted with should be 'Zubrowka'.

I know I am.

Actually, no. Because our landlords are cheap arse mother fuckers, they hire the cheapest people to repair any problems with our flat. So they use Illegal Immigrants R Us Ltd. and send round Polish workers who can't speak a word of English. Last time they came round, I physically removed them myself since they have no clue what they're actually meant to be doing. It has caused much stress, especially since they have the key to our flat (which thankfully we can fully lock from the inside. But not when we're out.) slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

I know I am.

Actually, no. Because our landlords are cheap arse mother fuckers, they hire the cheapest people to repair any problems with our flat. So they use Illegal Immigrants R Us Ltd. and send round Polish workers who can't speak a word of English. Last time they came round, I physically removed them myself since they have no clue what they're actually meant to be doing. It has caused much stress, especially since they have the key to our flat (which thankfully we can fully lock from the inside. But not when we're out.) slant

It's been a looooooonnnnng time since I lived in shared accomodation. Is there not a law to stop people entering your house without consent?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009 edited
    Last night I got very, verrrrrrry drunk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    Something new for you i guess ? wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Something new for you i guess ? wink tongue

Oh, totally! I've never drank alcohol before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Srsly! And why didn't you log in last night and post, so we can share the....experience? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Srsly! And why didn't you log in last night and post, so we can share the....experience? wink

I thought better of it ( somehow!?? ), besides, I was entertaining two old friends who had travelled from London to stay the night, we sat up until 5.00AM drinking, talking and listening to lots of music, mostly rock & pop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I haven't drunk any alcohol for over a week now (well, okay, I haven't been drunk for over a week now), I've just been having Cokes and things like that at the bar.... and you know what, I feel so much the better for it. The student life tends to encourage a lot of drinking (which I don't think is a particularly good thing), but a lack of money reserves encourages not drinking! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I haven't drunk any alcohol for over a week now (well, okay, I haven't been drunk for over a week now), I've just been having Cokes and things like that at the bar.... and you know what, I feel so much the better for it. The student life tends to encourage a lot of drinking (which I don't think is a particularly good thing), but a lack of money reserves encourages not drinking! biggrin

Haven't stolen any traffic cones lately then? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Seriously though, I judge you for drinking. Hey, I'm a hypocrite, what can you do? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Seriously though, I judge you for drinking. Hey, I'm a hypocrite, what can you do? biggrin

Un=hypocrise yourself? I dunno!? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Naaaaah. I'm more equipped to judge others when I have my trusty beer at hand. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Naaaaah. I'm more equipped to judge others when I have my trusty beer at hand. lick

You n' me both buddy beer
  6. Timmer wrote
    It's been a looooooonnnnng time since I lived in shared accomodation. Is there not a law to stop people entering your house without consent?

There should be something in the tenant agreement that mentions something about this.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

There should be something in the tenant agreement that mentions something about this.

It doesn't seem to stop some unscrupulous landlords getting away with crap, I've heard some recent horror stories from friends.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

It doesn't seem to stop some unscrupulous landlords getting away with crap, I've heard some recent horror stories from friends.

I'd love to go Denzel Washington in Man On Fire on their asses. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'd love to go Denzel Washington in Man On Fire on their asses. slant

A very long time ago I frog marched my ( a more odious and evil sunoffabicth rarely existed ) landlord out of my dwelling followed by a swift ( humiliating, not painful ) kick up the arse! I left the place the fiollowing day with two Months rent I never paid him, he said he'd get his "boys" on to me but as with everything else he was just full of hot air.

To this day I don't regret my actions for a micro-second.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2009
    Therapeutic Thursday....I'm going to a fancy party downtown with a girlfriend of mine and downing a couple of beers before I go out. I've found that drinking alcohol diminishes the effects of my "condition", so it's comfortable that way. Of course, it's dangerous if it becomes a habit, so I have to be careful. But so far, so good. Any other Thursday drinkers here?
    I am extremely serious.