• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2009
    Thor wrote
    Therapeutic Thursday....I'm going to a fancy party downtown with a girlfriend of mine and downing a couple of beers before I go out. I've found that drinking alcohol diminishes the effects of my "condition", so it's comfortable that way. Of course, it's dangerous if it becomes a habit, so I have to be careful. But so far, so good. Any other Thursday drinkers here?

Rarely. But it is Friday tomorrow cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Therapeutic Thursday....I'm going to a fancy party downtown with a girlfriend of mine and downing a couple of beers before I go out. I've found that drinking alcohol diminishes the effects of my "condition", so it's comfortable that way. Of course, it's dangerous if it becomes a habit, so I have to be careful. But so far, so good. Any other Thursday drinkers here?

Rarely. But it is Friday tomorrow cool

What condition would that be, Thor?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    it's Saturday....

BEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    Indeed. Had a big "Boys Night Out" thing yesterday with a bunch of buddies, and just now got up, at 15:30 in the afternoon. The sun is shining outside; I should probably go out, but I'm simply too hung over (we should really have a "hung over" smiley that doesn't necessarily include vomiting).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Indeed. Had a big "Boys Night Out" thing yesterday with a bunch of buddies, and just now got up, at 15:30 in the afternoon. The sun is shining outside; I should probably go out, but I'm simply too hung over (we should really have a "hung over" smiley that doesn't necessarily include vomiting).

Hmmmm? What would one suggest as a hangover smiley?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    This one?

wink

I'm not quite sure what the gesture is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Sorry, I was just being not kind. smile
    It's the L (loser) gesture... it's how I feel towards people with hangovers.
    But I was just kidding. Well, in a way I mean it but I want to be nice, not insulting people.
    I don't want to judge other ways of life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    This one?

wink

Oh! So judgemental! shocked

biggrin

I'd opt for this one, which to me seems a pretty fair representation of the physical and emotional state of the Morning After The Night Before.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Sorry, I was just being not kind. smile
    It's the L (loser) gesture... it's how I feel towards people with hangovers.
    But I was just kidding. Well, in a way I mean it but I want to be nice, not insulting people.
    I don't want to judge other ways of life.

I'd find it funny but then, I'm English biggrin

I would use that emoticon for some peoples...erm.....*cough*....musical tastes. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote
    This one?

wink

Oh! So judgemental! shocked

biggrin

I'd opt for this one, which to me seems a pretty fair representation of the physical and emotional state of the Morning After The Night Before.

Oh yes!!! THAT'S the one! beer It would also be used after being a fool / stoopid / lame etc...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    This one?

wink

biggrin

Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is this thing only Brits get? What does it mean confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is this thing only Brits get?

Europhobia

What does it mean confused

A neurotic fear of everything to do with mainland Europe.
    Its main symptom is a violent reaction when confronted with the fact that they too are in fact part of several European political and sociological communities. A certain amount of cognitive dissonance occurs during so-called weekend binge tours, where lightning strike visits are paid to the European mainland to buy cheap French booze.
    This is deemed OK however as it is consumed wholly on British soil again.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is this thing only Brits get?

Europhobia

What does it mean confused

A neurotic fear of everything to do with mainland Europe.
    Its main symptom is a violent reaction when confronted with the fact that they too are in fact part of several European political and sociological communities. A certain amount of cognitive dissonance occurs during so-called weekend binge tours, where lightning strike visits are paid to the European mainland to buy cheap French booze.
    This is deemed OK however as it is consumed wholly on British soil again.

biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    Tonight I spent the entire evening watching awful TV because my cousin's husband, who usually comes over for a few games of pool and beer on a Saturday, was too busy watching football with my uncle.

[Yes, I'm a member of the apparent minority that dislikes football most of the time and especially grows to actively despise it when it's on TV. And they yawn, the fans, and say they're bored by 'killjoys' moaning about it, even though they can't possibly be as bored as I am, bored with every flag and cheer and news report; the kind of boredom that gnaws at your bones till you don't want to live any more. They just don't understand. "Come and join us", they said. Jesus. I'd rather scrape my retina out with a car key.]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd happily and joyfully scrape out my retina with a car key if it meant avoiding watching a game of football.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I've complained about it to them before and sometimes they look genuinely upset, and beg you to stop having a go at football on humanitarian grounds. "Leave it alone, it's just a bit of fun... it's done nothing to you," they whine through their disgusting football-loving faces as though football were a defenceless new-born kitten you're attacking with a hammer, instead of an over-hyped money-spinning festival of tedium in which the world's thickest millionaires kick a rubbish ball round a poxy field to the wonderment of an audience of foghorning cretins.

In my pathetic opinion anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009 edited
    I see the board is very quite tonight! Just me and Steven here. Everybody out I persume? I had to stay in today for lack of company. No matter really... a good book, nice musica and a cup of milk. And of course some thoughts of retribution on his going out without me tonight and leaving me in alone! tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm back home from uni until Tuesday (due to a lack of money). So very bored! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm bored too, and I had no wish to go to a party today.

Why are we all so far away... sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009 edited
    If you could all manage to make it to Western Australia within the next hour or so, I'd be able to throw you all a good party.

No football allowed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    How about fireball? It's the same as football, except-- well, you get the idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    How about fuckoffball. Basically you kick said ball into the sea and have a beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Only if the tide is going out and the beer isn't Fosters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    beer

^
    Not Fosters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Good. I think I'd rather watch football than drink Fosters...
  1. Stavroula wrote
    I see the board is very quite tonight! Just me and Steven here. Everybody out I persume? I had to stay in today for lack of company. No matter really... a good book, nice musica and a cup of milk. And of course some thoughts of retribution on his going out without me tonight and leaving me in alone! tongue

I'm in too. Watched a nice movie today, my brother's here with his puppy and his girlfriend. How are things at the place where you teach?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Stavroula wrote

I'm in too. Watched a nice movie today, my brother's here with his puppy and his girlfriend. How are things at the place where you teach?

Things are going well there Pawel! I have alot of work ahead of me since after Easter we start rehearsals for the end of the year celebrations and I have alot of things to do. But spring is already there and that alone is enough to make me smile. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Great smile

Now you're at your place I guess? Making up for some contacts you missed, particularly your boyfriend? smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website