• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    South Catalonia Cocks, indeed biggrin

haha, fixed it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    Just returned from a weekend with some of my buddies at a cabin about 2 hours from Oslo. Lots of boozin' and wise-crackin', but also fine dinners and a lovely walk around the coastal area in sparkling November sun. Tired today. sleep
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Just returned from a weekend with some of my buddies at a cabin about 2 hours from Oslo. Lots of boozin' and wise-crackin', but also fine dinners and a lovely walk around the coastal area in sparkling November sun. Tired today. sleep

That sounds soooooooooooooo good!? cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008 edited
    OK, so what are everyone's plans for tonight?

I've just drunk an entire bottle of red wine (Rosso Piceno 2006- bought because it was advertised as an ECOLOGICAL wine), and am heading to a party in a short while (where I will be the oldest, and there are lots of good-lookin' young girls, but so be it).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2008
    At work. sad

My school (the Gators) just became SEC championships!!!
    We beat the undefeated University of Alabama 31-20.

Now, we go to the nationals. smile... again. biggrin

http://espn.go.com/
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=283410057
  1. Congrats!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Congrats!

my thanks to you good sir wink
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008
    The Florida Gators vs Oklahoma
    College Football National Championship
    January 8th
    Miami, FL

Watch if you can!
    Can you guys watch some some of this kind of stuff over seas?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008
    I'm supposed to be going to a party tonight but I burnt ALL my candles last night and feel fooking awful vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    I'm supposed to be going to a party tonight but I burnt ALL my candles last night and feel fooking awful vomit

There´s always a candle hidden somewhere; the only thing you have to do is find it tongue Well, that and a healing meal & nap.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

There´s always a candle hidden somewhere; the only thing you have to do is find it tongue Well, that and a healing meal & nap.

beer <--tea

Yeah I know, I may feel fine by this evening. For now I'm off to make some food and see how it goes.

Laterz smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven, how is it going with the new gal? wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Off to see/hear Handel's Messiah in 90 minutes! punk cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven, how is it going with the new gal? wave

Good I think. Always hard to tell so early on, but one remains hopeful... wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Wow!! shocked

cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008 edited
    Damn, I´m supposed to go to a party tonight and it seems that migraine doesn´t want to let me go crazy
    I still have a chance though, it is still quite soon and pills should do its work :crossed fingers:

Did you find a candle Tim? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

In a cathedral? It's the best place to see it! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Damn, I´m supposed to go to a party tonight and it seems that migraine doesn´t want to let me go crazy
    I still have a chance though, it is still quite soon and pills should do its work :crossed fingers:

Not yet wink

Alcohol and migraines don't go together. As a migraine sufferer myself you have my full sympathy Marcel. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Migraines are the reason I love scores like Iris, Stepmom, Benjamin Button... I shit you not.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Migraines are the reason I love scores like Iris, Stepmom, Benjamin Button... I shit you not.

You listen to music when you have a migraine???
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

Not yet wink

Alcohol and migraines don't go together. As a migraine sufferer myself you have my full sympathy Marcel. slant

You too Tim? I´m not alone on this then! Painful ain´t it? sad cry Fortunately this one is a 2 out of 5 in Marcel´s rating of migraine (that´s why I´m able to be in front of the computer. Anything above 3 means going to bed and stay there ´til it goes away).

Timmer wrote

Indeed. Actually I am listening Alberto Iglesias´"Che". Not in the mood for anything bigger / louder.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    When it goes to 5 it's explode time!

That's why I asked Steven about playing music because on a MGR level 5 music is intollerable, light is intollerable and the slightest sharp noise makes you feel like murdering everyone in sight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    When it goes to 5 it's explode time!

That's why I asked Steven about playing music because on a MGR level 5 music is intollerable, light is intollerable and the slightest sharp noise makes you feel like murdering everyone in sight.

Everything is intollerable on a level 5 migraine, even yourself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

You listen to music when you have a migraine???

Perhaps not a level 5 migraine, but anything below. I don't have it on very loud, and I lay there in complete darkness... the music is so relaxing, which allows you to rest and therefore 'heal' quicker. It's my miracle cure - Patent pending of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    After two Christmas parties in a row, my body is exhausted. Will relax with a film, a bag of potatoe chips and water tonight. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

In a cathedral? It's the best place to see it! biggrin

Agreed, and I will endeavour to find any such preformance next time as this one was a bit of a letdown. The venue -a concert hall in The Hague- was quite clinical.

Sadly though the worst part was this particular director's interpretation who seemed to think that all Baroque music is fluffy, rushing through (mainly) the choral parts at almost 150% of the speed of a normal performance (guess he had to make the last train?). There was a far too great emphasis on (classic Baroque style) staccato triplets and until the very, very, very end (the Amen chorus) there was no solemnity or lyricism to be found in any of the choral parts.

The arias were generally fine, but for the rest it was like attending a 17th century ball rather than one of the truly genius works of true reverence.

The orchestra - the dutch Residentie Orkest- was just fine: it's one of the finest orchestras of the country, and the soloists were quite astonishingly good (especially the alto who gave an absolutely spellbinding performance in "He Was Despised"), but the chorus at 32 heads was just too small to carry the power of some of the more fff parts.

Oh well.
    There'll always be next year (and in the meantime I have a couple of the best preformances in the world on CD so that is a comfort. smile )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and don't forget Charlie Wilson's War. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Eh? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh. Um. 'The Tide Turns' from JNH's Charlie Wilson's War? Have you heard it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No? There's a Messiah link there?