• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    After having such a relaxing evening last night, no Mel, no TV, no music, no booze, just me n' a book I intend to get destroyed tonight biggrin devil

I've had the complete opposite. I drank from 15.30 to 04.00 yesterday, as we were having our monthly payday beer at work. A good 12 1/2 hours to get sloshed, in other words! So I'm taking it easy today....at least I think so, unless some tempting party pops up. I could do with a "repair shot" right about now.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    After having such a relaxing evening last night, no Mel, no TV, no music, no booze, just me n' a book I intend to get destroyed tonight biggrin devil

I've had the complete opposite. I drank from 15.30 to 04.00 yesterday, as we were having our monthly payday beer at work. A good 12 1/2 hours to get sloshed, in other words! So I'm taking it easy today....at least I think so, unless some tempting party pops up. I could do with a "repair shot" right about now.

That's m' man punk beer

No worries Thor, if you don't go out tonight I'll drink for two wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote

No beer last night?! shocked Scandalous!! I hope you fix this tonight.

I went to a great party last night with four (four!) hot chicks. No need to say it was heaven on earth.
    And there´s another party planned for today. That´s A weekend!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

I went to a great party last night with four (four!) hot chicks. No need to say it was heaven on earth.

shocked Go Marcel punk beer

And yes, tonight the menu is beer beer beer beer beer beer beer and more beer and oh, did I mention beer!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hmm....a little bit repetitive maybe? But I think I´ll have the same beer punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    GO MARCEL! WE WANT PHOTOS YOU NASTY 007 YOU! shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin

Ok, right after Tim shows us his gorgeous Mauritian friend (you thought we had forgotten about her huh Tim?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    NO, we have NOT forgotten. TIM, because of you now, we are deprived of photos of 5 (4 from Marcel and 1 from you) HOT CHICKS !!!! angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    biggrin

Ok, right after Tim shows us his gorgeous Mauritian friend (you thought we had forgotten about her huh Tim?)

Only with her permission smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

shocked Go Marcel punk beer

And yes, tonight the menu is beer beer beer beer beer beer beer and more beer and oh, did I mention beer!?

Considering how much I necked last night I feel remarkably fresh and lively today.

Just as well, it's pool contest time again tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009 edited
    I saved a girl friend last night from a particularly mindnumbing date.
    She texted an SOS message, and I, being a severe sufferer of Messiah Complex, complied immediately of course, rushed over to "accidentally" meet the couple and completely blasted the poor bloke with utterly non-stop entertaining, mostly untrue anecdotes, spiced up with wild gesticulating, voice acting and overemotional responses.
    Still took me the better part of an hour to scare him off... must be losing my touch slant

My good deed of the week has been fullfilled.
    No thanks necessary, ma'am. Just doing my patriotic duty. angelic
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Good Sir! All you had to do was give her a passionate tongue-kiss though and the bloke would vanish instantly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Subtlety, thy name is written in Greek... rolleyes

(wink)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah but when you put "passionate kiss" VS "subtlety", the winner is clear to me wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    She texted an SOS message, and I, being a severe sufferer of Messiah Complex, complied immediately of course, rushed over to "accidentally" meet the couple and completely blasted the poor bloke with utterly non-stop entertaining, mostly untrue anecdotes, spiced up with wild gesticulating, voice acting and overemotional responses.
    Still took me the better part of an hour to scare him off... must be losing my touch slant

Messiah Complex. Love it. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote

Well done beer

We don't have to use it often but me and some close friends have a little "signal" that acts as an SOS, usually used when you've been cornered in a pub by some boring, boorish person you never met before who drunkenly insists on talking at you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    Sorry to be rude perhaps, but what an underhand way to solve a problem like that. An SOS text message?? Come on, how old is she? 13?

I really really hate it when people are not honest to someone who has the right to know something. I hate it when girls are vicious like that in a Sex-and-the-city kind of way and can't solve a problem on their own in a grown-up fashion but gather their friends to get rid of
    the poor guy instead.

Now, if he seemed a bit creepy or intrusive, I can understand. But mindnumbing?? Whooo, yeah, dangerous, you really need help with that.
    rolleyes

I do have a sense of humour, but perhaps because in my job I have been dealing with behind-my-back issues a lot lately I react so oversensitive to this. Sometimes people just have the right to know the truth. Unfortunately many people don't want to be direct but talk about it with others instead...

Especially women. It's stories like this that make me ashamed of being a women, honestly. cry
    I can't understand why you men support this action either! You don't want to be in a situation like that, do you?

confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Men are weak. As in the case of Martijn's Messiah Complex.
    Simple as that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I understand Bregje's point very well but as Steven rightly says, men are weak when it comes to the opposite sex and there's nothing like a damsel in distress to bring out a males chivalric side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    I can't understand why you men support this action either!

<shrug>
    Dear friend vs. utter stranger.
    I didn't have to think very long and hard about my allegiance.
    And I just can't resist a cry for help (sad, but true).

I'm sure she did what she did for an excellent reason, that nevertheless is very much her own and not mine.

You don't want to be in a situation like that, do you?

What I want and what I get tend to be very different things. slant

No, in an ideal world you're right, of course.
    But the world isn't perfect, and many's the time that a little white lie or circumspect action saves a lot of awkwardness and embarassment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I understand Bregje's point very well but as Steven rightly says, men are weak when it comes to the opposite sex and there's nothing like a damsel in distress to bring out a males chivalric side.

I should reiterate that this was a lady friend. Not a girlfiend.
    There's nothing between us, nor am I (or she) looking for that.
    I'm not entirely sure what's weak about it? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nobility and weakness can be very alike. wink

Well, for me it can. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I should reiterate that this was a lady friend. Not a girlfiend.
    There's nothing between us, nor am I (or she) looking for that.
    I'm not entirely sure what's weak about it? confused

It wasn't specifically aimed at you, I'm sure if it were a male friend in need of similar help you would still have acted the same.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I wouldn't! I'll put it this way: If it was cold and my guy friend was cold yet I was the one with the jacket, I'd keep it on. If it were a gal friend, where do you think that jacket would end up? biggrin shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I wouldn't! I'll put it this way: If it was cold and my guy friend was cold yet I was the one with the jacket, I'd keep it on. If it were a gal friend, where do you think that jacket would end up? biggrin shame

rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah. You meet my guy friends and say that. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Nobility and weakness can be very alike. wink

Well, for me it can. rolleyes

Can you say "pro-jec-tion"?

wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Yeah. You meet my guy friends and say that. biggrin

rolleyes

Tim's story time

Me and a friend once hiked around the Welsh mountains, I took an umbrella with me which he suggested was "a bit poofy", when we stopped in a big open valley to brew a mug of tea it started raining hard, I sat there under my umbrella enjoying my steaming cuppa, my friend who had conveniantly forgotten his earlier "poofy" comments says "well aren't you going to share that umbrella?" My comment "go fuck yourself!" wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And? It probably was poofy. biggrin (Seriously, I prefer my guy friendships to be like that. I have a few girl friends if ever the testosterone gets too much.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    And? It probably was poofy. biggrin (Seriously, I prefer my guy friendships to be like that.

What?
    poofy?
    confused

Or uncharitative, yet righteous?
    (Reminds me of an old local heathen mountain god that made it to the big league through a couple of guys writing some stuff on some scrolls...biggrin )