• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Did you suggest to show her your film music collection?

wink Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2014
    A winter BBQ with friends tonight. A great idea I thought.

The weather forecast thinks otherwise and sees lots of rain and heavy winds. We'll see how strong the tent is and keeps us going. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014
    I'm on a drinking binge again. Have spent several hundreds of Norwegian kroner on a pub to pub trip today -- on a regular Thursday even -- and I have a craving for potato chips.

Fuck off -- give me some chips!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014
    I'm off to celebrate a girlfriend's birthday today -- and it also happens to be the women's day (or whatever it's called in English). Two birds in one stone.

We'll be eating at an Indian restaurant and then off to a new karaoke place where we've booked individual rooms! For me, things can hardly get better.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good luck Thor wink

I'm off out tonight too. Pool and beer please! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Btw, why is it that this thread has only been updated twice since January, and both times by me? What's happening to the world?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Good luck Thor wink

I'm off out tonight too. Pool and beer please! beer

Excellent! We're somewhat synchronized for once. Cheers!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2014 edited
    Went to a local quiz tonight. A couple of friends were supposed to show up but didn't so I played by myself.

...and won! punk ( shame smug? Me!? Perish the thought. biggrin )

( £1 entry, eighteen players all together, winner takes all! I beat seventeen people divided into six teems )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2014
    That's pretty awesome (not knowing anything about your locals, of course! wink). Congrats.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014
    I don't know what everyone's Easter plans are, but for the first time in years I've decided NOT to go back to my hometown and stay in Oslo. It's weird, because it's a sort of post-apocalyptic atmosphere in the city. Everyone has gone on holiday; the streets are mostly quiet.

Tonight, however, I'm heading over to celebrate a friend's birthday. Don't know what I'm going to do the rest of the days; in my solitude.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014
    I think I'll try and get out into the countryside this weekend.

I'm off to the quiz tonight, the one I won solo a few weeks ago, this time my friends will be joining me.
  2. I live in the countryside anyway. smile The clan will gather tomorrow, so there will be chatting and strolling and eating and I will spend time with my niece during the next days.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    I think I'll try and get out into the countryside this weekend.

I'm off to the quiz tonight, the one I won solo a few weeks ago, this time my friends will be joining me.

We won! cool

Splitting the winnings 3 ways means less cash but on the other hand I couldn't have won this quiz by myself.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014
    Off out in the next half hour for a good friends 40th. Should be great fun.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014
    Too much fun! I'm suffering for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014
    Went to see Rodrigo & Gabriela in concert last night.
    My god. They are demons. DEMONS!
    They MUST have a pact with the devil! No mere human can play like this!

High-octane doesn't begin to do it justice. This was by far the most energetic concert I've ever seen.
    And so enjoyable! All the greats passed the review (Tamacun, El Diablo Rojo) as well as a lot from their new album, but the great thing is that they don't just play the hits and move on, but in true flamenco (and jazz) fashion they take the main riffs and rhythms and then just improvise to hell and back.

And they love to play around: the second (!) encore was just one massive improvisation on the jazz classic Take Five (which, to my great amusement, confounded the audience greatly:in contrast to everything they played they played that evening this was in 5/4 time! smile )

Their skill is quite phenomenal. At one point Gabriela, who usually does the rhythm guitar, took the stage for a solo, and right up to the end I was sure Rodrigo was playing accompaniment: it was a technically very complex piece with percussion aspects, two melody lines, a counterpart AND harmony all playing off each other.
    Rodrido was in the wings. She did this on her own. With just an acoustic guitar.
    shocked Bloody hell!! shocked

Came away utterly exhausted but totally exhilarated. The energy spent in that venue, if it could have been bottled, could have lighted up a small town for a year.

Slept in today and then went for a little walk round Amsterdam, where, quite by coincidence, I happened upon a 40-piece brass band that just at that point decided to go into an Ennio Morricone medley.

All that and wonderful summer temperatures made this quite a nice weekend.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014 edited
    Glad you had a great time. I saw them a few years ago at Glastonbury and see that they're playing again this year so I'll try to see them, my shift times depending.

Really looking forward to hearing some Barry Gray which I know doesn't get in the way of my shifts cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Really looking forward to hearing some Barry Gray which I know doesn't get in the way of my shifts cool

spin Hah? dizzy confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

spin Hah? dizzy confused

cool HERE! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014
    A load of my friends are hitting a pub tonight in this beautiful blue skied hot weather and they are forcing me to join them in drinking beer. I suppose I'll have to go out and try to enjoy myself rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    A load of my friends are hitting a pub tonight in this beautiful blue skied hot weather and they are forcing me to join them in drinking beer. I suppose I'll have to go out and try to enjoy myself rolleyes

Oh, the sufferings one has to go through.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014
    Tell me about it!? Friends rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014
    No England games, I think it's safe to go to the pub! cool wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014
    Just finished a barbecue party at my place. Very tipsy. But it seems to me that everyone is VERY busy with their jobs to post anything worthwhile these days (pr. the "festivals" thread).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It is my demand that people should stop having a life from now on.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A party.
    On Monday.

You don't know HOW good your life is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Just finished a barbecue party at my place. Very tipsy. But it seems to me that everyone is VERY busy with their jobs to post anything worthwhile these days (pr. the "festivals" thread).

You're not wrong.
    And even if the festivals hold little interest for me (I'd much rather use them as an excuse to potentially catch up with some friends than enjoy the actual programs which do not really appeal to me this year), it is a little disconcerting to find that a major reason for not even considering it is 'work obligations'.

I have to be very conscious about my priorities.
    I tend to forget to have fun once in a while (when I *have* the time I'm generally utterly knackered).
    This is NOT a good way to spend one's years.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    See you all next week wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Enjoy, Timmer! Be sure to report back once you've recuperated. beer
    I am extremely serious.