• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Just finished a barbecue party at my place. Very tipsy. But it seems to me that everyone is VERY busy with their jobs to post anything worthwhile these days (pr. the "festivals" thread).

You're not wrong.
    And even if the festivals hold little interest for me (I'd much rather use them as an excuse to potentially catch up with some friends than enjoy the actual programs which do not really appeal to me this year), it is a little disconcerting to find that a major reason for not even considering it is 'work obligations'.

I have to be very conscious about my priorities.
    I tend to forget to have fun once in a while (when I *have* the time I'm generally utterly knackered).
    This is NOT a good way to spend one's years.

I like to think that I'm very conscious about my priorities too, but as long as I live a freelance life I can just as well enjoy the occasional free days like this, in the middle of the week. For me -- as a single man with no family obligations -- social life, travelling, partying etc. is absolutely ESSENTIAL to my health. The alcohol, potato chips etc. is another issue, however. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014
    Have fun Timmer. Enjoy Barry Gray's concert!!!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014
    Bregt wrote
    Have fun Timmer. Enjoy Barry Gray's concert!!!

I did! biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    What the fuck is wrong with my friends? Dragging me out tonight again fer cripes sake! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    Beer time. Well, someone's got to... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014
    Went to my best freind's from school wedding last night. Returned at about 4:00 and I can't still feel my feet! We had a great time but why the hell I'm the only one left who hasn't gotten married yet?!?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014
    Stavroula wrote
    Went to my best freind's from school wedding last night. Returned at about 4:00 and I can't still feel my feet! We had a great time but why the hell I'm the only one left who hasn't gotten married yet?!?

I'm in the same position, and I've been that for a few years now. At least you have a boyfriend. In any case, it makes you cling all the more to the VERY few friends you have left that are still single.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I'm not going to get married for probably the next 20 years, Stavi.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Same here. I don't see myself entering a relationship anyway. I am quite comfortable on my own. It seems like my job fulfills most of my social needs.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014 edited
    My attitude these days is 'passive-receptive', as I call it. I'm not doing anything myself to find someone, but if an opportunity presents itself, I'm open to it.

All of my friends who are still single have this incredible NEED and desire to find someone very quickly and get kids as soon as possible. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you see it), I don't have that.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014
    Off out for beer and pool practice with friends tonight. Got a big contest to play tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Off out for beer and pool practice with friends tonight. Got a big contest to play tomorrow.

Which I didn't win. slant

Tonight I'm going out. Haven't arranged anything with friends so I'll just see who's about by popping into a few pubs beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2014 edited
    Turned out to be a bloody good night out too! A warm evening sat in a beer garden with two friends I bumped into, a great conversation about life, the universe, religion etcetera had two strangers join in on our animated conversation. Later on two more friends ( or at least pub acquaintances ) joined us and then it all ascended into piss taking and personal insults.

All in all a top night! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014
    A quiet thread these days?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014
    Weird.

Well, I've been having like ONE long Saturday night party for the last week in Krakow.

I'll be sure to update once I get back to "normal" weekend activities. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2014
    Today is a busy day, as I decided to celebrate my birthday (a few days late) with a day dedicated to BEER.

This morning and afternoon, we drove to Sweden to buy lots of cheap quality beers and snus and food. Then I've just arrived home for a quick shower, then I'm heading out to a beer and whiskey place before I've booked a table at another beer place with some friends of mine.

BEER 4-EVER!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    Today is a busy day, as I decided to celebrate my birthday (a few days late) with a day dedicated to BEER.

Who of all the wise could have forseen it?

smile beer
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014
    indeed.

I'm extremely dunrk right now, but at the same time extremelty sober. You have to remember that I am an extremely serious person.

yeah, yeah heay.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014 edited
    Mjolnir will be tapping at your skull from the inside tomorrow. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2014 edited
    Go Thor! BEER! beer

I had a serious lack of beer this weekend though. But it was a fantastic weekend nonetheless, in Gent. A tourist in my own city. I discovered some cool part of Gent I was never been to, my girlfriend was the guide this time. One of the oldest quarters of the city, where now a lot of young people and immigrants live in the small houses of the working class who used to live here. Cosy parcs, nice local community house where we just had a chat and books to read (no beers to drink though!). Visited some (second hand) book shops too. Had great Vietnamese dinner, with homemade spring rolls. Very tasty!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2014
    Nice. It's the town that always keeps on giving.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014
    Off on the date. A bit nervous, as it's the first in about a year. I was delighted, however, when I asked her if she wanted to go out for a coffee or beer, she immediately said 'beer'. A girl after my own heart!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014
    Break a leg mate. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014
    thANKS. date went badly, but i'm hangin' in there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's not what we wanted to hear angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Indeed.
    Go back and do a rewrite.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It was actually okay, but she was a bit 'chilly' so it wasn't easy to get the good chemistry going.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, it's Norway!
    It was probably just cold...

Incidentally, if you're thinking about a follow-up date, don't wait too long. It's generally not appreciated calling after only a week or so.
    Plus you know immediately where you stand when she says she's 'washing her hair', 'walking the dog', 'having her wisdom tooth extracted', or 'declaring war on Korea' at whatever time you propose for a next date.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    Plus you know immediately where you stand when she says she's 'washing her hair', 'walking the dog', 'having her wisdom tooth extracted', or 'declaring war on Korea' at whatever time you propose for a next date.

biggrin

Indeed. Or 'Sorry, I've been really busy lately', which is synonymous with 'I really can't be arsed to talk you'... having been on both the receiving and giving end of this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2014
    Well, need to readjust my brain as I'm soon off for another Christmas party -- this time with my colleagues in montages.no. Hopefully, there will be some girls there too to ease my slight disappointment in the mediocre date on Thursday. What is better to ease troubled love than sex, drugs and rock'n'roll?
    I am extremely serious.