• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015 edited
    Martijn wrote in May 2014
    Went to see Rodrigo & Gabriela in concert last night.
    My god. They are demons. DEMONS!
    They MUST have a pact with the devil! No mere human can play like this!

They play at Gent Jazz this summer. I remember your comment so Kaat and I might go see them. I like their music a lot. Very summary and happy! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015
    So I'm in my hometown for Easter. Tonight I've organized our annual quiz at our house (or, rather, my parents' house, but they're away at our summer house in Denmark). I'm doing the round on films (supereasy for guys like you), while others prepare their own themes.

Two days ago, I entered into a bet with a friend of mine that I could manage 10 days without alcohol (from April 7th to April 16th). For me, it's actual very difficult, especially when the weekend arrives. So tonight will be my last chance for a full-out party in a while. Have to make the best of it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Have to make the best of it.

If it's just for a bet, go for it. If you're genuinely trying to give up or reduce your alcohol intake, no you don't. By cramming in a last minute alcohol frenzy, you've already lost the battle before it begins. The real test is to not drink at all at this party. (I'm certainly not judging, especially since I use alcohol as a crux myself, I've merely noticed that these fad-like challenges are ultimately pointless when it comes to making any real change in one's habits.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I agree. It needs to be more systematic if a change is to occur.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's the simplest thing in the world to give up alcohol; just don't buy or drink it. The hard part is putting it into action. Fads, challenges, whatever, they all just get in the way and can even encourage us to reward ourselves with the very thing we're trying to avoid. Though saying all this is very easy. Again, I'm in no position to judge. drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    To be clear, I have no intention of removing alcohol from my life (i.e. beer); only to normalize the consumption a bit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Beer is magical.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2015
    Gearing up for another party. Not in the best of shape after last night's "personal party". Hopefully, I'll get home so late that I go straight to bed and don't log on here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2015
    Hope springs eternal... As for myself, I am looking forward to a plethora of 'fuk of's on the board tomorrow!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2015 edited
    Ha! I managed to stay off the board.

I stumbled home 05:30 this morning, in bright morning light, and just got out of bed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2015
    Extremely drunk right now, but also extremely aware of grammar.

It's almost 30 degress in Olo, and had a graet time on the island asnd elsehwere.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Extremely drunk right now, but also extremely aware of grammar.

It's almost 30 degress in Olo, and had a graet time on the island asnd elsehwere.

Wow! 30c in Oslo? Now there's something. It was 33 here and 36 in London.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And my head is pouring with water. Bristol is surrounded by hills and hot weather is always humid here.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sounds uncomfortable. But I'm iumpresed tou evern have more heat. how's that working out at Glaston byurtys?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2015 edited
    Thor wrote
    Sounds uncomfortable. But I'm iumpresed tou evern have more heat. how's that working out at Glaston byurtys?

Luckily I speak Esperanto wink

I didn't finish work until 1am each night so when we partied we saw every sunrise ( a couple of which were spectacular, shame I didn't take a camera ), it rained a few times which was very welcome but going to bed in a tent at 'god knows o'clock' means that as soon as the sun gets high after maybe only a couple hours sleep means you just have to get up, I woke every single morning with my sleeping gear and myself soaked in sweat. Thank the Celtic gods for on site showers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yikes. Takes a lot of recovery from such a week, I would presume.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2015
    Altighty then. Had quite a few strong specialty beers with my mates on this fine Thursday evening. But I'm jome before 11. Tat is diconerting.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    boring.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What's the meaning of life, Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    the meaning is to look back, but without knowing that you do.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Self power requires the light of opportunities; Your heart is mirrored in potential life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    This is a Turing test, right?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. 42
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Martijn wrote

You think, Steven is sentient?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

Do you mind if I smoke?
  3. Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Do you mind if I smoke?

Are you on fire?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2015
    When am I not?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I've had this conversation before.
    Thirty years ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    uhm

What happens if he gets mad?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm fucking fucked but I can still fucking spell! I'm fucking awesome!!!