• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2015
    I didn't even have to fucking edit my fucking post is how awesome!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm also fucked on this Therapeutic Thursday, and I haven't made a fucking single fucking mistake yet. We're fucking on fire!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    So fucking on fire we're plugged into that sun that makes our sun look like a fucking grain compared to the fucking Sahara is how on fucking fire we are!

Fucking A!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What is this, a Kevin Smith movie?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Alan Smithee rather.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015
    Tonight's another night, folks!

Heading down South to my hometown tomorrow, but one last party in Oslo tonight.

A girlfriend of mine is taking her sailboat on a cruise along the Norwegian coast, all the way up North to Lofoten -- for what is supposed to be a new web series. She has her 'departure party' at a beach tonight, picnic-style. Should be good (yes, we do have beaches in Norway).

Should probably take it easy, drinking-wise, but that's easier said than done.

What are your spectacular plans for this Saturday evening?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Cool account icon, Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015 edited
    I'm envious of your super social life. ALthough I like being social, I prefer it a bit less with parties, but even then, you have so many things to do where you live. I on the other hand will have a quiet evening after a great BBQ at my sister's place yesterday. Cocktails and beer, and lots of meat and sauces!

Also, next Friday the Gentse Feesten begin. That is 9 evenings of parties, theatre, street arts, music, ... Holiday in my city. I hope it will be as fantastic as last year.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015
    OMG, Gentse Feesten. I'm expecting drunken SMS'es, Bregt!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2015
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015
    In a few hours, I'm off to a local music festival here in my hometown in the south of Norway. The headliner tonight is Röyksopp, the Norwegian electronica duo which should be familiar to at least some of you. Should drink plenty of beers in advance, though, because the booze is always insanely expensive at this places (Norway is expensive to begin with, but when you add festival monopoly on top of that, it's insanity).

Here are the artists:

http://skral.no/
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Norwegian music isn't played outside Norway. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015 edited
    You wish! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    You wish! wink

As I said.

wink but actually slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Royksopp are popular with me and not entirely unknown by the British public.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015 edited
    Oh My God, I'm tipsy and it's not even 5PM. How will this end?

If you're not familiar with Royksopp, you need to update yourself on popular and electronic music.

One of my favourite songs in the last couple of years, was their collaboration with Susanne Sundfør on "Running to the Sea" from a couple of years ago. Check out this gorgeous live recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMlJ78-7rZ4

(very cinematic, and sends associations to Sundfør's performance on the end title song of M83's OBLIVION).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Now.....screw you, I'm off to festivalities.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2015
    Thor wrote
    Oh My God, I'm tipsy and it's not even 5PM. How will this end?

That is very early indeed. Where did you end up? Fjord? Never before discovered island in front of Norway coast? Pluto?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2015 edited
    Ha, ha....yes, any of those.

The Röyksopp concert was fantastic, and some of the other artists were fine too.

Hung over today, but back to the festival we go (the headliner tonight is D'Angelo and the Vanguard, as well as Mew). First, however, it's off to a summer house that a friend of mine owns on an island in the archipelago.

I love Norwegian summers when the weather is on! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else, really.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I just returned from a weekend vacation to Palatinate (Pfalz) in south-west Germany with a couple of good friends. We visited a nice place at the "Weinstraße" (Street of Wine). That means lots and lots of Riesling Friday and Saturday night. (And great food.) Thor would have loved it. My phone wouldn't connect to the hotel's wlan though and the telephone connection was shaky, so I wasn't tempted to post any intoxicated messages in the style of the Great Norwegian. smile

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2015
    Sounds brilliant, Volker. I enjoyed a Schmetterling Riesling last night; that's about the closest I can get.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. A Butterfly Riesling? Nice!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2015
    I love weekends! Even if I have no plans, I still have carte blanche to get drunk all on my own. Had a moderate 6 beers alone yesterday; today I've downed a few strong Christmas beers and other beers and will be heading to a friend's birthday party in an hour.

'tis the season to be merry!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2015
    Weekends are the best because then I don't need to work.
    Kazoo
  7. I reviewed 22 tests / essays by advanced students (German Literature) who will take their Abitur / A level exams in April next year. Next weekend will be dedicated to essays written by younger pupils. The bright side is that I will be free of such work during the winter break.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2015 edited
    Surely, alchohol must be perfect for such endevours, Volker? wink

Kept it going to 6:30 after I posted that comment above on Saturday. Must have had 15 beers, two glasses of wine and a drink of some kind. Madness. Two days later, and I'm still hung over.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. I worked till 21:00 o'clock Sonday night to get things finished. I did need some alcohol thereafter to calm down for sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2015
    Screw you all. I'm going to bed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Already??? Are you in a different time zone?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Screw you all. I'm going to bed.

You is light weight innit.