• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yes. And you are not an adult. That is also correct. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. I'm not 100% convinced "trepidatious" is a word.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2016 edited
    What a crazy night yesterday. Started off with an event where me and three friends were locked in a room, and then we had 60 minutes to solve various puzzles (unlocking secret rooms etc.) to get out. Then we headed over to an ice bar (literally, the pub is made entirely in ice so we had to wear special clothing), then off for some karaoke before landing at a celebrity party. Yikes.

Off to another -- probably less eventful -- release party tonight.

Anyone started their Easter celebrations/holiday/partying yet?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2016
    That sounded brilliant Thor. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    What a crazy night yesterday. Started off with an event where me and three friends were locked in a room, and then we had 60 minutes to solve various puzzles (unlocking secret rooms etc.) to get out. Then we headed over to an ice bar (literally, the pub is made entirely in ice so we had to wear special clothing), then off for some karaoke before landing at a celebrity party. Yikes.

Cool! Escape Room right? Is getting popular in Belgium too. Never done something like that, but certainly on the list.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2016 edited
    Yeah, "Team Escape", they call themselves. Very tricky. We didn't manage it on time (I think we were 4-5 locks short, and our biggest flaw was that we didn't use the infrared flashlight on the wall in the secret room).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Why is it that beer "the day after" -- socalled "repair drinks" -- doesn't taste as good as the day before? It's also annoying that the body is so accustomed to the booze, it takes forever to get tipsy.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. We call it "Nachdurst" in Germany. It's supposed to cure the hangover. As far as dim memory recalls, it doesn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, after a few beers, it DOES cure the hangover. But only temporarily. When you're almost 40 years old like me, the hangover then "hangs" with you for several days afterwards. But in the scheme of things, I guess it's worth it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Why is it that beer "the day after" -- socalled "repair drinks" -- doesn't taste as good as the day before? It's also annoying that the body is so accustomed to the booze, it takes forever to get tipsy.

That'll be your liver producing more enzymes in response to excessive alcohol intake. That's not a judgement; it's a rare point of empathy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2016
    Thor wrote
    Gearing up now with a strong, 11% craft beer from Nøgne Ø.

One of my favourite breweries! Love their beers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016
    LSH wrote
    Thor wrote

Cool to know that a Norwegian micro brewery (from my hometown, even) is getting recognized abroad. Even if it's one of our biggest microbreweries.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016 edited
    We have some of them in our bar but I've seen it in a few places.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    LSH wrote
    Thor wrote

I would love to taste one, even though 11% is a bit too strong for me.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    LSH wrote
    Thor wrote

I would love to taste one, even though 11% is a bit too strong for me.

I think that's their strongest one. Most are much lower.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Their IPA (at 7.5% I believe) is my favourite. Super unfiltered too; you can see chunks of hops floating around in the bottle - something that would turn a lot of people off, but I love it.

At my bar, we have the Imperial Brown Ale and the Imperial Stout. Both fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2016 edited
    It's Easter, folks!

I'm in my hometown again, and I'm hosting my regular "Easter Quiz" at my place (well, my parents' place, but they're away at our summer house in Denmark). Not the biggest turn-up this year, but we'll make do.

I handle the music part, as always, and my theme this year is "artists with 'John' somewhere in their name" (first name, last name, part of the band's name, international versions of the name). I'm pleased with my playlist so far -- both old and new. And yes, THE main John is also represented, of course (and no, it ain't Barry).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2016
    Who? John Denver??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Johann Sebastian Bach biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2016
    Both of those were in my quiz, actually!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Give us some of your questions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Give us some of your questions.

No questions, they just had to guess the "Johns" I played for them.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. With Bach, Lennon, Denver, Williams, Elton J., Bon Jovi ... not too hard to tell. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I had to have some easy ones inbetween more challenging ones.

"All of Me" -- John Legend
    "Always" -- Jon Bon Jovi
    JURASSIC PARK -- John Williams
    "Ballad of a Teenage Queen" -- Johnny Cash
    "Woman" -- John Lennon
    "Sandy" -- John Travolta
    "Better Together" -- Jack Johnson
    "Take Me Home, Country Roads" -- John Denver
    "Your Body is a Wonderland" -- John Mayer
    "Fortunate Son" -- Creedence/John Fogerty
    "Hope There's Someone" -- Antony and the Johnsons
    "Crocodile Rock" -- Elton John
    "Toccata & Fugue etc." -- Johann Sebastian Bach
    "Hold Me Now" -- Johnny Logan
    I am extremely serious.
  6. An of course you were all drunk! cheesy drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016
    I'm drinking for the third day in a row, when I really should be taking it slow (due to the upcoming 2-week trip to Cannes and the film festival), but I can't help myself.

Oslo has summer temperatures today (past 20 C during the day), and everyone is out. I've had four beers, half a bottle of red wine and going out in a few minutes.

Rave on!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I'm sat here with a coke. There's a roast chicken in the over, which is filling the house with a lovely smell. Can't wait to tuck in.

Erm.... yeah.... rave on, lol.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

I've just opened first beer of the night and I'm off out to meet friends in a couple of hours.
  8. Are you still couch surfing, Timmer, or did something substantial materialize real estate wise?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Still couch surfing*. I'm in the middle of buying a flat, fingers crossed it shouldn't be too long now. It seems like years since I last listened to classical or film music on my stereo, Spotify is my only friend in that regard at the moment.

*I'm in "permanent" residence now thanks to a good friend with a large house so I have my own room with bed and TV, I couldn't bring Gomez with me because of Louis the Irish wolfhound ( bloody lovely dog he is too ) so Gomez is with his Uncle Marcus, one of my best mates (who always looked after him when I was off travelling) and his two cats Barny & Hector, I get to see him whenever I can.