• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2016
    Iceland is extremely popular as a tourist destination. My sister went in June this year and talked with owners of places that it is starting to get out of hand. I also read that the huts on some famous trails will not be rebuilt or made bigger because otherwise too many people would be on the trail.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think it's a really clever way of bringing the country back from bankruptcy: tax tourists to hell and back! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2016 edited
    Well, it seems beer -- my no. 1 comparison variable -- is still more expensive in Oslo than in Reykjavik, as well as most other things (I took one of those comparison tests online), but I was surprised by things that were actually more expensive over there -- like clothes and transportation.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2016 edited
    Here's GoEuro's 2015 list of beer prices in the world:

http://www.goeuro.com/beer-price-index

As you can see (it's ranked from cheapest to most expensive), Reykjavik is 39, while Oslo is 72 with only three other cities in the world more expensive (Tel Aviv, Hong Kong and Geneva).

Also interesting to note the average cost of store-bought beers here (0.33 litre), which is like a million lightyears ahead of any other city in the world (our $3.45 vs. the second most expensive, i.e. Moscow's measly $2.49).

Oh, the humanity....
    I am extremely serious.
  1. With the amount of beer you consume I'm honestly surprised you haven't fled the country by now.
  2. Thor shows his patriotism by the gallon. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    With the amount of beer you consume I'm honestly surprised you haven't fled the country by now.

I've been tempted many times. Alas, in the last two months, I've had to cut down due to illness, and will have probably have to continue that for some time yet. That's one of the reasons I'm not going to Ghent this year -- the temptation to drink cheap and brilliant beer would be too huge, and too damaging for my condition. So in that respect, a place like Reykjavik would be better suited.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I believe Edmund was talking about migration rather than vacation though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2016
    A saturday that also happens to be New Year's!

What are your plans for tonight? I'm gearing up now for a party with a group of some 6-7 people. Loads of specialty beers bought in (including a VERY special brew from Scotland).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A few friends are coming to my place in a few hours and then we'll go out on a pub crawl.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Never done a pub crawl on New Year's. Must be swarmed with people?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. The family has flocked to my mother's place where we will have good food - fish mostly this year - some game of cards and a toast at midnight. Nothing dramatic, quite cosy, but frankly, I like it that way.

Volker
  5. Captain Future wrote
    The family has flocked to my mother's place where we will have good food - fish mostly this year - some game of cards and a toast at midnight. Nothing dramatic, quite cosy, but frankly, I like it that way.

Volker

a game of cards is a wonderful family get together to pass the time. Enjoy and best wishes beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2017
    I have absilutely no idea. I think some champagne may have been involved, but I can't really remember. Can everybody PLEASE stop typing so loudly?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2017
    yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017 edited
    I was very drunk and I hope I wasn't embarrassing. It was a long time ago that I drank all the things I drunk (I think the weekend with Thor was similar). I remember most of it though! I didn't even drink beer, how weird. Never again!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2017 edited
    Finished 7 beers, on to cognac now. I'm having a party with myself at home tonight, something that is frowned upon by society at large. But I don't care. I'm having a terribly difficult time in my life right now, with a number of issues (no, I don't want to elaborate in a public forum), and these "valves" are necessary.

What about you? A shame this thread hasn't been updated since January?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Oscillating between symphonic film music and synth pop. No alcohol, only Volvic still water. biggrin

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2017
    I'm impressed. What's "volvic"?
    I am extremely serious.
  7. French still water. Don't they sell it in Norway?

See here
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2017 edited
    No. But good on you.

After 7 beers, I'm now DEEP into this 10-year-old gem:

https://img.thewhiskyexchange.com/540/cognc_ota12.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
  8. At least be both indulge in French beverages. A la votre!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed.

I'm worried what will happen if we ever meet. You don't seem to drink much alchohol, and I drink a LOT. I'm sure we'll make it work somehow. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Now, I may be singing some karaoke to myself. Pathetic or cool, you decide! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm on a 4th beer then I'm heading out to meet friends.

Cheers guys beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm rerouting electric wiring and replacing doors on different floors. slant
    Ah, the joys of moving house.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wish I were in Bristol.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I'm rerouting electric wiring and replacing doors on different floors. slant
    Ah, the joys of moving house.

Still no CD's installed?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Wish I were in Bristol.

That would be cool Thunderer, you'd get on well with my friends, particularly Harry who really knows his shit on films ( and way beyond just Hollywood ) and can even hold his own in a conversation on film scores.
  9. Martijn wrote
    I'm rerouting electric wiring

Always an activity that goes well with 7 beers and a cognac, I find.