• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    Who did the orchestrations/arranging for the series? I've spent a little while looking and can find nothing.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm going to guess on an ab comparision that the Cincinnati Pops used some of the arrangements/orchestrations from the Gerhardt series.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008 edited
    According to THIS ARTICLE Christopher Palmer did some work on a few Gerhardt albums.

"Christopher Palmer collaborated on at least 15 albums with Gerhardt - not all of them film music. He contributed to the Miklós Rózsa album in the RCA film series; orchestrating the Hawks in Flight sequence from Knights of the Round Table and The Four Feathers excerpts. He also contributed significantly to the Dimitri Tiomkin album in that series. He would later arrange and orchestrate much more Rózsa, Tiomkin and Herrmann music - plus scores by Franz Waxman and Alfred Newman etc - for many record companies including Unicorn-Kanchana, Polydor, Varèse-Sarabande and Koch International as well as writing informed and entertaining programme notes."

Besides that, Gerhardt was a brilliant and talented arranger himself so it wouldn't be far fetched if Gerhardt did most of the arranging himself.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Very helpful
    Thomas smile