• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008 edited
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/NWMD.html

Yeah Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    The 'Orchestra Only' suite interests me but I'll still give this a miss.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. That's nice to hear, but I don't remember the score that much, only that I gave it way back 3 stars! But yeah, I always give 3 stars tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    That's nice to hear, but I don't remember the score that much, only that I gave it way back 3 stars! But yeah, I always give 3 stars tongue

That's about right, I think I would give it a 1/2 less. Decent Goldsmith but it doesn't float my boat much.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    That's nice to hear, but I don't remember the score that much, only that I gave it way back 3 stars! But yeah, I always give 3 stars tongue

That's about right, I think I would give it a 1/2 less. Decent Goldsmith but it doesn't float my boat much.

it's nice they give us expanded material, but they given us something unreleased, like Gladiator (Rejected) or IQ or Innerspace, all interesting material
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Ghaaaaaa!!!! And to think that I spent $30 or $40 on that CD just a few months ago!!! Should've waited.

Incidentally, an expanded Innerspace would totally make my day...
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthortimme
    HeeroJF wrote
    an expanded Innerspace would totally make my day...

Indeed an expanded Innerspace would be great! Or an expanded release of Damnation Alley.
    I already have the original Not Without My Daughter and I think I'm gonna pass on this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    If the new one has expanded material, I don't think I'll be able to help myself. Whenever more music exists for a score I already have, I must get it.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  3. Definitely not interested in this one.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008
    timme wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    an expanded Innerspace would totally make my day...

Indeed an expanded Innerspace would be great! Or an expanded release of Damnation Alley.
    I already have the original Not Without My Daughter and I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

From what I remember a lot of Damnation Alley is missing, particularly the electronic elements.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote
    From what I remember a lot of Damnation Alley is missing, particularly the electronic elements.

Did you look behind the fridge?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Timmer wrote

Why? Is he still paying "football"??
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    Timmer wrote

Why? Is he still paying "football"??

When you lose something, it's nearly always there. (Quote: The Cat, from Red Dwarf)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm afraid neither presentation nor music is interesting to me in this case.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I wonder if the reaction to this score would have been the same if it had been released by Intrada
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    I wonder if the reaction to this score would have been the same if it had been released by Intrada
    Thomas

What do you mean? Does it make a difference who releases it?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, seems an odd thing to wonder? I can only speak for myself, but I don't really care who releases what, as long as someone releases it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Gentlemen, I think it does matter who does the releasing. I don't care either but in my opinion if this had been released by Intrada a certain number of posters would consider it holy grail influencing others to buy buy buy, attracting the e-bay people to invest.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008 edited
    On the otherhand maybe I'm wrong and the heat is getting to me. Hottest day in two years here today so that could be it. Phoenix like heat today.
  4. sdtom wrote
    Thomas

you mean perhaps it would have been sold out by now, but for most of us it doesn't matter who releases what. It is just that an album as this (not a classic one like Capricorn One) is just not that interesting to have as expanded material

that's the only logical explanation for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think Thomas there are Intrada groupies that can influence others. Ron P., among them, calls it Holy Grail and that starts the ball rolling.
  5. sdtom wrote
    I think Thomas there are Intrada groupies that can influence others. Ron P., among them, calls it Holy Grail and that starts the ball rolling.

perhaps, but for me the original release seems to be enough for me, I rather would have liked to see them release something else. Put Innerspace up there released by LaLaLand and even 5.000 copies wouldn't stop it from being sold out wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    On the otherhand maybe I'm wrong and the heat is getting to me. Hottest day in two years here today so that could be it. Phoenix like heat today.

Phoenix is well named.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    Gentlemen, I think it does matter who does the releasing. I don't care either but in my opinion if this had been released by Intrada a certain number of posters would consider it holy grail influencing others to buy buy buy, attracting the e-bay people to invest.
    Thomas smile

Well those people are strange and very nerdy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas smile

Well those people are strange and very nerdy.

You tell em geek boy! punk wink
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

Why would it be any different?

Honestly Tom, it really does seem like you have an agenda against Intrada Records? I don't understand.

La La Land has released plenty of quick sell outs, like Godzilla and Masters Of The Universe (both of which I am happy to own)

I don't think this scores fast regardless who releases it. It's just not that good. Maybe if it was 1500 units, but not 3000. no way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I definitely agree that "getting the latest Intrada before it's out of stock no matter what it is" has become the new trend. Single-handedly because of one title, if you ask me: Baby. I don't think what happened with Delta Force and Serpico would've happened nearly as fast if the experience of Baby hadn't come first.

Hopefully it's just a fad and purchasing at a regular pace will resume shortly. I also urge Intrada to SLOW THE HELL DOWN!! Personally my wallet can't keep absorbing so many new releases as soon as they come out, lest I lose my chance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've nothing against Intrada. I only comment on what has happened lately. To me, even more amazing is the quick sellout of a $130.00 set from FSM. In my opinion it told me that people are a lot more interested in OST over the Bernstein Box material which wasn't OST but better films/composers. I thought that would sell out rather quickly and I was wrong.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I dont care if its a freakin grail or not , its Goldsmith its bought!! plan and simple. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I hate compilations. I'll never buy a $15 compilation CD, so imagine a $200 one!! Yeah, that Bernstein box was really not for me. But that MGM Treasury stuff is golden. I'm upset I had to dish out an extra $100 for it because I waited, but I wasn't gonna pass that up.

Then again, compilations do have some perks even for me. If it weren't for a certain compilation I never would've discovered Michael J. Lewis.