• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    HOT DAMN!! Ordered!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote
    HOT DAMN!! Ordered!!

OK... LOL rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    INTRADA Announces: SPECIES
    Composed by CHRISTOPHER YOUNG
    Conducted by Pete Anthony
    INTRADA Special Collection Volume 77

In the 1995 MGM film Species, the story begins with a seemingly human child held in a government facility, yet the girl is actually the product of an alien transmission that enabled Earth scientists to combine extraterrestrial and human DNA. The head of the project, Xavier Fitch (Ben Kingsley) orders the destruction of the young creature, Sil. But Sil escapes before the execution can take place, quickly grows to adulthood and begins a rampage in Los Angeles. Fitch gathers a team of unlikely experts to track down and kill the creature. The personnel include an “empath” who can read others’ thoughts and feelings (Forest Whitaker), a sociologist (Alfred Molina), a biologist (Marg Helgenberger), and a government contract killer (Michael Madsen). The twist in Species is that Sil is by all appearances a beautiful human female, played as a young girl by Michelle Williams and as an adult by actress and model Natasha Henstridge.

No stranger to scoring science fiction or horror films, composer Christopher Young delivered a complex and highly intense score, bringing Sil to musical life. From the main title, one can tell the score will be singular. The opening titles ("Species") paint an ethereal picture of outer space with strings, chimes, harp and hushed flute pulses and understated percussion, as well as a feminine chorus. But it's not all ethereal and feminine, for like Sil herself, beauty is only one the outside. This is a dark, often exciting, often dissonant work. As written for the film, the score features numerous short cues and stings, particularly early in the action where a great deal of crosscutting shows the team assembling while Sil escapes, grows and infiltrates human society. For this first-ever release of his score, Young combined some cues and presented others out of film order for an enhanced listening experience. He’s also included material that went unused in the film. Like many films since the 1990s, Species features a heavy sound effects mix that competes with the the score in the onscreen sound mix; but now the detail and thrust of Young’s music can be fully appreciated in this crisp and dynamic sounding album presentation.

This release is limited to 3000 copies.

INTRADA Special Collection - Volume 77
    Retail Price: $19.99
    IN STOCK NOW
    For track listing and sound samples, please visit
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5889/.f
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    moonie wrote
    HOT DAMN!! Ordered!!

biggrin cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent, excellent score. Great choice by Intrada.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Excellent, excellent score. Great choice by Intrada.

Oh sure! But are You going to buy this? I'm quite happy with the old release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, i am not a fan of these limited edition gigs, definitely not buying it nor do i remember when was the last time i bought any of those re-releases and limited edition thingies.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    No, i am not a fan of these limited edition gigs, definitely not buying it nor do i remember when was the last time i bought any of those re-releases and limited edition thingies.

Then not such a great choice by Intrada!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pff, it's a great choice. Everything is. Maybe you and I and the next dude won't buy that, but the labels' marketing with the limited edition craziness always works. I bet there won't be any copies left in a week's (or 2, or less) time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Pff, it's a great choice. Everything is. Maybe you and I and the next dude won't buy that, but the labels' marketing with the limited edition craziness always works. I bet there won't be any copies left in a week's (or 2, or less) time.

I'm pleased if it means people who missed out before get another chance. This one just isn't for you or I.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd estimate that almost half (if not more) of those who are buying it already have the previous version.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd estimate that almost half (if not more) of those who are buying it already have the previous version.

For sure! But I wouldn't be any different if it was a Barry release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here. But i guess you DO know we're the minority on this one.
  1. I'm surprised it is not sold out yet, I heard the promo, besides the wonderful main theme I wasn't all that impressed, don't know whether to buy it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm pleased if it means people who missed out before get another chance. This one just isn't for you or I.

A new Christopher Young release always worth celebrating - especially as a lot of his earlier stuff was released as limited "promos". I for one have only been able to get a CD-R of this promo and part of my purchase of this new release is to replace my CD-R.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    this was released previously?
  3. tjguitar wrote
    this was released previously?

Apparently there was an Intrada-produced composer promo that has ~40-45 minutes of music - http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata … vieid=9028

I've never been quite sure how available this was when it was originally produced.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn