• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2014
  1. So...I should give this a listen, then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2014 edited
    christopher wrote
    So...I should give this a listen, then?

Only if you like wonderful and gorgeous melodies. If you don't like that kind of stuff, stay far away from this album. wink

It has ~6 strong themes and not a moment of dissonance, so it's melody from start to finish. La califfa is an album I recommend just as highly.

Peter love
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2014 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But, one thing that hunting down Professione Figlio is that I also discovered, Il Lungo Silenzio. Now this is a really good one! Lots of great tracks - "In Morte di Un Magistrato" is particularly excellent - and quite different from what's heard in the first track.

My girlfriend loves that track too. Strangely, I never really noticed how nice it was until she pointed it out to me.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Sometimes I can be pretty ruthless when it comes to my likes and dislikes. A combination of the jaunty tempo and high woodwind (whatever it is) are an instant "unlistenable" for me. Either component by themselves aren't automatic dislikes but as soon as I heard the woodwind it was a "NO"

Shame, that's always been one of my favourite tracks. Very catchy piece.

The instrument might be a piccolo flute... but I'm not sure.

Peter smile
  2. plindboe wrote
    christopher wrote
    So...I should give this a listen, then?

Only if you like wonderful and gorgeous melodies. If you don't like that kind of stuff, stay far away from this album. wink

It has ~6 strong themes and not a moment of dissonance, so it's melody from start to finish. La califfa is an album I recommend just as highly.

Peter love

Alright. I bought it. I'll give it a listen at my earliest convenience. I must say at the outset, however, that I'm not a big fan of LA CALIFFA. It sounds terribly dated to my ears. A score that is firmly rooted in it's time period. I can't enjoy it. But if this score is half as wonderful as you and Southall think it is, then I'm sure I'll find much to enjoy.
  3. Looks like 3 more concerts have been cancelled as a result of Morricone's health New York, Los Angeles & Mexico City:

http://variety.com/2014/music/news/enni … 201185530/

The piece in Variety also states "In addition to his three North American appearances, sources say the rest of his planned concert tour — with 21 dates across Europe from late June through March of next year — is also likely to be cancelled."
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014
  4. Southall wrote
    Sound rather worrying.

I do hope that it's just a precautionary step to give him the best chance of recovery.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I feel bad for all the American fans (esp. over at FSM) who were looking forward to this rare visit.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Sound rather worrying.

I do hope that it's just a precautionary step to give him the best chance of recovery.

Absolutely! As James said, it does sound worrying, I hope its nothing too serious.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I also hope it's a measure towards recovery. Always worrisome to see this type of news, whatever the circumstances.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014
    That first paragraph, c'est excellent!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014
    Excellent review! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014 edited
    Happy 86th birthday! And here's a nice gem, footage of him conducting in 1988, in two parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6asxXDHmqsQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-WuBnlxQVo

That's Alide Maria Salvetta in the Leone segment, who died less than three years later, few days shy of her 50th birthday...
  5. They aired an interview with Ennio Morricone on regional German TV (WDR) today where he states that he has fully recovered and that he intends to go on tour again. The interview took place in the maestro's private home. I provide a link to the "WDR Mediathek". I'm afraid though, that it will stream only in Germany. Please try anyway.

http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/send … ne100.html

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2014
    That guy....he's indefatigable (sp?).
    I am extremely serious.
  6. He's the Christopher Lee of film composers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2014
    Very pleased to hear. Long may he continue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    He's the Christopher Lee of film composers.

applause
    Well put!

Very glad to read that news. When he had to cancel several times I was fairly certain this would be "it".
    I do hope he's continuing because he's enjoying it, and not out of contractual obligations. If there's one film composer alive that deserves some 'down time', it's Ennio!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014 edited
    Video message from Maestro! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ALLcm … p;Et_rid=9

More info and concert dates here: http://www.enniomorricone.org/comunicat … -stampa-2/

The schedule for february & march is just crazy... hope he makes it. Nice to see Dulce Pontes returning. Wonder what those surprises will be...

Google translate:

Ennio Morricone ANNOUNCES HIS RETURN TO CONCERT LIVE

The composer Ennio Morricone has announced today that after nearly a year of recovering from the back problem, restart to do a concert tour from February 1, 2015.

"It is with great joy that I can finally announce that I have fully recovered. I am extremely grateful for the loyalty that my audience has shown me all over Europe. It was with great sadness that I had to cancel and reschedule so many concerts this year. I am happy to announce that almost all the concerts that were scheduled for this December will be rescheduled in the program for February and March! "

says Morricone

"Many people have asked if this is my last tour. Not so. I feel refreshed, inspired and happy to be back after a long absence. I love it bring my music to my audience and I'm happy to share these moments with them. "

When asked what the audience should expect from the tour, the Master says.

"I had a lot of time lately and I have prepared the program for 2015. Of course, all of my best-known work will be carried out, but there will also be some interesting surprises. I will make public any of these: in addition to the usual extraordinary European orchestra and choir, will be with us on this tour the amazing singer Dulce Pontes and the great soprano Susanna Rigacci, which many already know! "

Ennio Morricone has composed more than 500 Soundtrack for film and television and is the only composer ever to have received the Oscar. Among his most famous works are the soundtracks of "Once Upon a Time in the West", "Once Upon a Time in America," "Best Offer", "A Fistful of Dollars", "The Untouchables" "The Mission" and "Cinema Paradiso" and so on, and so on.

The music of the film "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" in a list of recent times is the second largest among the 100 most popular soundtracks.

The tour will begin February 1, 2015 and will reach 20 major European cities.

Tickets that were purchased for dates that have been rescheduled for this tour, will remain valid.
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2014
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2014 edited
    Complete first set (1 hour) of Morricone's 75th birthday concert , RAH 2003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgsnUjSW5e8

I believe some of you were there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014
    Milan NS wrote
    Complete first set (1 hour) of Morricone's 75th birthday concert , RAH 2003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgsnUjSW5e8

I believe some of you were there.

I was!
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014
    Posted yesterday:

"Starting from February 2015, Ennio Morricone will be back on stage to perform in the concerts that had been suspended in 2014 on medical grounds.
    In this way, by September 2015, most of the concerts that had been cancelled, will actually take place.
    To comply with this schedule, Morricone will conduct 22 concerts in 2 months, an extraordinary effort in his long career: in fact, this is the very first time in his artistic history that he will conduct such a staggering number of concerts in such a short period of time.
    But, this is an “exploit” that he will accomplish with joy, passion and peace of mind because he is willing to please his audience.
    In the meantime, we are already focusing on the planning the if 2015-2016 concert season, which will start from October 1st 2015.
    As of today, Morricone has not yet chosen the manager/agent who will take care of the next concert season and he hereby firmly belies the groundless rumors regarding an exclusive contract with any Agent/Producer.
    Ennio Morricone is willing to examine any proposals regarding concerts to be held starting from October 1st, 2015.
    Detailed proposals shall be sent solely to the following address: info@enniomorricone.org"

http://www.enniomorricone.org/comunicat … 8-12-2014/
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2015 edited
    Going to Zagreb (11 april), found an excellent seat for 50 euros. Zagreb date is probably the cheapest, with the cheapest seats going for 30 euros. Be there or be square.
  7. I just hope he doesn't overwork himself into the hospital or worse with that much in such a short time (on top of scores he's doing) after the back problems. I'd rather he's okay, fuck the concerts.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2015 edited
    "on top of scores he's doing"

- is he doing anything, though?

I hear ya about the concerts, crazy schedule - check our february & march:

http://www.enniomorricone.org/novita/co … onfermati/
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2015 edited
    Ok, whoever is going tomorrow, have fun! This is the programme from Amsterdam from sunday, no surprises there; also, Dulce Pontes was absent due to a knee injury:

The Untouchables, Once Upon a Time in America (Deborah's theme, Once upon A Time in America), The Legend of 1900, H2S, Il Clan dei Siciliani, Metti Una Sera a Cena (and Uno Che Grida Amore), Come Maddalena, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Titles), Once Upon a Time in the West, A Fistful of Dynamite ('Sean Sean') and The Ecstasy of Gold (GB&U).

Intermission

Chi mai, Cinema Paradiso (Main Theme, Love Theme), Malena, A Dulce Luminosa (From 'The End of a Mystery), The Battle of Algiers, Indagine su un Cittadino al di Sopra di Ogni Sospetto, Sostiene Pereira, La Classe Operaia va in Paradiso, Casualties of War, Quemada (Abolicao), The Mission (Gabriel's Oboe, Falls, On Earth as it is in Heaven.

Encores: Here's to You (Sacco e Vanzetti), The Ecstasy of Gold, On Earth as it is in Heaven.