• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    Quite possibly. He’s scored several commercials for D&G over the last few years (directed, unlike this one, by Tornatore). Those were so lushly-scored I’ve really hoped they may get released as download singles (but none of them has).

Well, I don't like it too much, but no matter. If the maestro is fine with it then I am fine with him being fine with it. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2019
    Well, I remember the infamous ´Remix´ albums approved by the maestro.
  2. I do like the album "We all love Morricone", but this is a compilation of new recordings and interpretations (mostly) and not remixes.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2020
    I was wondering, what is everyone personal worst Morricone score?

IL Fiore Delle Mille E Una Notte immediately springs to mind, while I am also thinking about several fluffy, harpsichord-flavored (romantic) comedies....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2020
    Joep wrote
    I was wondering, what is everyone personal worst Morricone score?

IL Fiore Delle Mille E Una Notte immediately springs to mind, while I am also thinking about several fluffy, harpsichord-flavored (romantic) comedies....

I actually kinda like those.

What I DON'T like are his abrasive, dissonant affairs. I like a great deal of dissonant music, but not Morricone's kind, for some reason. It's just irritating. Stuff like HAMLET, WOLF etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. To be honest, I'm only familiar with a small fraction of his work, given his enormous output. There is quite a lot of his music that I don't like, though. Much of it is too unpleasant/experimental for my taste. I'm a simple man and like my music to be tonal, easily digestible, and pretty (and boy has he written some wonderful music in that vein). I'm sure there are a lot of his scores that I would dislike if I knew more of them, but I've only really invested time in his music that I've heard recommended by a lot of people, so I can't say that there's any album from him that I would say I dislike as a whole. Of the ones I do know, I would be least interested in returning to LA MIGLIORE OFFERTA, but I wouldn't say it's bad or that I dislike it as a whole. I just wasn't wild about it.
  4. I've not heard many Morricone scores but probably my least favorite of those I have is his Hamlet.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2020
    I kind of feel his dissonant music is just as, yes, varied in its degree of quality, as any other kind of music. The more experimental, the more I tend to like it, but it also has to do with what else the scores has to offer.