• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2023
    indeed. But have you seen the film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2023
    Nope. Is it any good?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    It is ok, but I suspect a majority will have strong problems with a lot of its content. Then again, the film is a strong display of his music, regardless of music unused, with or without his consent.... From what I know, he mostly delivered music and allowed it to be used to the wishes of a filmmaker. To me, this still seems a bit weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, doesn't sound like Morricone's "absolute control" need, but then again he must have done the same for a lot of movies over the years. For example, in the 60s when he did, what, 20-30 films a year?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2023
    I think it goes for a great majority of scores throughout his entire career.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2023
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    Anyone else find that listening to a more downkey Morricone score is a nice way to start the day?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2023
    Sure. Any favourites?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2023 edited
    Oh gosh, so many. It can either be something pastoral or beautiful (for the most part, anyway), like LA CALIFFA, LA MONACA DI MONZA, MADDALENA, LA DONNA INVISIBLE, EL GRECO etc. Or it could be something smooth and loungey, like I MALAMONDO, MENAGE ALL'ITALIANA, COME IMPARAI AD AMARE LE DONNE etc. Not so much spaghetti westerns, the atonal/super weird ones etc. That's too rough for mornings.
    I am extremely serious.