• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012
    I hope it's nothing too serious. I concur with Thor.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    He had another fall a year ago or so. He recovered quickly though. That he continues to be so active probably means that he still has alot of living ahead of him. It's when people retire, that's when one should start worrying.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Good! I hope he still has the strength to come to Antwerp next month though. Would be a disappointment for a lot of people.
    Kazoo
  1. Indeed. I will tell him I cancelled my Around The World In 30 Days trip to see him wink
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Mabey he can conduct in zero gravity, with say, "Mission to Mars" as one of the selections? wink
  2. Thor wrote
    Well, the man is in his mid 80's and still very active on concert stages and in composing music. So a slight balance problem now and then isn't too much to worry about, I think.

It might be a worry for someone who spends time on a podium!

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2012
    84 years old this man is today!

It's a cliché, but I had to listen again to one of my all time favourite pieces
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3IlqY1CbI0
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

OMG! MAGNIFICO!!! One of, if not the single greatest piece of film music ever written. Happy birthday to one of the worlds greatest living composers and to whom the term genius is rightly applied.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

OMG! MAGNIFICO!!! One of, if not the single greatest piece of film music ever written. Happy birthday to one of the worlds greatest living composers and to whom the term genius is rightly applied.

punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Anton, HW and I booked hotel in Antwerp (very close to Antwerp Central Station).
  4. Here the Facebook Event SST Hutch suggested to meet here before the concert. I do not know if there are already other plans
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012
    Cool, thanks. Will see.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012
    I was planning of meeting up at the concert and joining for drinks afterwards so I will skip the Monica bar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012
    Is the program known yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2012
    If anyone's up for meeting this stranger again , I've bought tickets too ... wink
    We've got tickets for the grey area , 004 , 39 , 5 + 6 ...
    It would be great catching up with you guys again ... smile
    Hope to see you there ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  5. I think for those who will not join the 'pre party' we will gather at the lobby afterwards and then decide where we will meet. Of course other suggestions are welcome too, if there are people who knows a nice café/bar in the center of Antwerp already, maybe we can meet there.
  6. Eric wrote
    If anyone's up for meeting this stranger again , I've bought tickets too ... wink
    We've got tickets for the grey area , 004 , 39 , 5 + 6 ...
    It would be great catching up with you guys again ... smile
    Hope to see you there ...

Hey Eric, we will definitely see one another before and after the concert, but considering many people are going with their families, it's still unclear as when and how long we will be able to meet.

Still, good to hear you're coming too beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2012
    My participation is sadly become a lot less certain. I can't really spend the time and additional cost at this point. sad
    I guess I'll decide at the very last minute.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    shocked slant sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Hey Eric, we will definitely see one another before and after the concert, but considering many people are going with their families, it's still unclear as when and how long we will be able to meet.

Still, good to hear you're coming too beer

You've got my cell phone nr. Thomas , so we'll keep each other posted that way ... wink
    Looking forward to it ... beer
    It's been a while ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2012 edited
    Caliburn wrote
    Is the program known yet?

Not yet in full, but the website of the venue mentions music will be performed from the following films:

- The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
    - Once Upon A Time In The West
    - A Fistful Of Dynamite
    - Once Upon A Time In America
    - The Legend of 1900
    - Le clan des Siciliens
    - Casualties Of War
    - Cinema Paradiso
    - Malèna
    - The Mission
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012 edited
    Tomorrow is the big day! First time for me seeing the maestro live punk

(I did hear his music played as intro for Metallica live but that doesn't count wink )

Apparently they did an interview to promote the concert
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012
    francis wrote
    Tomorrow is the big day! First time for me seeing the maestro live punk

(I did hear his music played as intro for Metallica live but that doesn't count wink )

Apparently they did an interview to promote the concert

Excellent! Let us know how it was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Lets meet at 8PM before the concert (starts at 8:30PM) in the entrance hall. See you there! wave
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I want this to continue forever! punk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNmCpqbSLQ
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    8PM it is, will see y'all there. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012
    If you see me , wave wave , scream or whatever so I notice you guys ... biggrin
    See you there ... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012
    Maestroooo! punk

A fabulous evening, because of a great concert and meeting some people again I hadn't seen for a long time: Bob (and Sten!) and Martijn. smile wave

And of course also the regulars from Belgium and The Netherlands. Thomas, Marie-Lise, Elin, Stefan, Ad, Anton, ...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012