• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'm happy he's got the gig. I don't require everyone else to be. (They're suffering enough as it is.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2014
    Michael is admirably restrained; he wishes to add 3 more words:

The...........Dancer.........Upstairs.

And here's a 4th:

Masterpiece!!! dizzy
  2. :d
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2014
    Exclusive Full-Stream of "Exodus: Gods and Kings" over at CinemaMusica:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1812/exodus- … rst-listen

Hear Iglesias epic score for orchestra, choir and solists NOW! Full-stream only available till December 1 2014.

ENJOY!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've had the soundtrack for a while, and must admit that I am largely disappointed. Then again, I was quite skeptical when Iglesias was announced, and no less skeptical when HGW and Federico Jusid were called in to do additional music.

BUT....there are some really good tracks on it too, the best being -- IMO -- "Into the Water".
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    I've had the soundtrack for a while, and must admit that I am largely disappointed. Then again, I was quite skeptical when Iglesias was announced, and no less skeptical when HGW and Federico Jusid were called in to do additional music.

BUT....there are some really good tracks on it too...

Same here. I did wonder whether you'd like it much Thor as it seemed to have the "religious sound" you like so much.

But, seeing the trailer for the film yesterday, it's clear that the movie is going for the Moses, the action hero rather than Moses, the law giver. And in those terms, the scoring is wholly understandable.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I can't really hear much 'religious sound' here, I'm afraid. Awe-inspiring choir does not 'religious sound' make in and of itself. But as a complete Ridley Scott fanboy nutcase, I look immensely forward to the film. The press screening in Norway is December 11th.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Well, I can't really hear much 'religious sound' here, I'm afraid. Awe-inspiring choir does not 'religious sound' make in and of itself. But as a complete Ridley Scott fanboy nutcase, I look immensely forward to the film. The press screening in Norway is December 11th.

Can't believe that I left out the important "none of" part of my comment: I can't hear much of the sound either. Hence my comment about action hero/lawgiver.

shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. My review of EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/12/14/exodu … -iglesias/

Jon
  6. A late review of Exodus:
    https://synchrotones.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/exodus/
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  7. Oh, that EXODUS ... wink

Nice review though!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. If it was the other Exodus it would be a very late review indeed!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2019
    Just listened to Yuli. Wonderful in every way, but he also has rewritten/re-used pieces of The Danceer Upstairs. It;s wonderful one gets to hear new takes on that score, and I'm not sure if I can get accostumed to them as integral part of Yuli, or just as ''The Dancer Upstairs'' extended. I have already tried to fit them into the listening experience of The Dancer Upstairs, which works wonders. Perhaps I should just be grateful.
  9. Relistening to Exodus: Gods and Kings. I remember getting it for Christmas the year it came out, and it never really grabbed me right away and got little play at the time. But I saw the film recently and really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very creative and an interesting take on Moses' story. You already know I'm a huge fan of Iglesias' Kite Runner, so I thought I would have been more drawn by the music initially than I was. But after seeing the film, I can appreciate the music much more and it's getting a second life of play in my house now. smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2021
    The Dancer Upstairs......
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2021
    Joep wrote
    The Dancer Upstairs......

Ask him to stop. It's too late in the evening.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2021
    Treasure it. The Dancer Upstairs.... Alberto Iglesias' finest.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2021 edited
    Again, The Dancer Upstairs. I doubt people really grasp the brilliance ....
  10. I agree with you, Joep. smile
    The film also has been forgotten. You don't realise at the time in life how easily these things will disappear.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2022
    It's a very good film, but the score itself has a quality I think sends out a signal of discomfort, misery and emotional attachment, even subdued and or more direct, and with more or less urgent tension building. I have seen some films that do copy this feeling, or even using full pieces of the original score throughout. I hope to write a review of Iglesias' brilliant efforts soon.
  11. Do it! smile
  12. I think the beauty of the darkness is the unique element in Dancer Upstairs. The music is often quite simple, built of organic colours. And the melancholy in the melodies. Doubtless a downer for some.