• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    World Premiere: Live Soundtrack “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers”

The 21st Centruy Symphony Orchestra, Chorus and Solists will performe Howard Shore’s Oscar®- and Grammy Award®-Winning Score for “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers”, conducted by Ludwig Wicki.

After having had a very compelling concert back in February and March 2008 attended by Oscar®-Winner Howard Shore, we are now continuing the live performance of the music of the “Lord of the Rings”-Trilogy with the complete performance of the music for the second installment, “The Two Towers”.
    Based upon the theatrical cut of the movie, the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Ludwig Wicki, will perform the original score live and accompagnied by the Oscar®-winning blockbuster on the big screen in one of the most popular and renowned concert halls in Switzerland, the KKL in Lucerne (Link: http://www.kkl-luzern.ch/navigation/top … cale=en_GB). The orchestra will be enhanced with chorus and soloists.

You don’t wanna miss this!

Friday, 13rd of March 2009, 7.30 pm (local Time)
    Saturday, 14th of March 2009, 7.30 pm (local Time)
    Sunday, 15th of March 2009, 11.00 am (local Time)
    Sunday, 15th of March 2009, 6.30 pm (local Time)
    KKL Lucerne, Concert Hall

“The Two Towers”

Pre-Ordering Tickets now:

Event Management ArtProductions:
    http://www.artproductions.ch (german only)

KKL Ticket-Service Online:
    http://www.kkl-luzern.ch/navigation/top … efault.htm (english, coming soon! )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds like a great event! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    Sounds like a great event! cool

Indeed, it does. smile
  1. this sure sounds stunning indeed, I wish I could be there
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    I wonder whether they'll play the extended edition in full... rolleyes
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008
    Rian wrote
    I wonder whether they'll play the extended edition in full... rolleyes

No. The live performance will be based on the theatrical cut of the movie. Even this shorter version of the movie will be enough exhausting for the orchestra. wink
  2. I would've dozed off for sure during the middle part if it was the extended, no offence.

Looks sweet though. Two Towers is my favourite LOTR score.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    I'm very excited to announce, that Oscar-winning composer Howard Shore will once more be present at the "Two Towers" Live Performance in Lucerne, Switzerland.

There will also be a "pre-concert-talk" one hour before every concert. This "pre-concert-talk" will again be free for everyone with a valid concert ticket!

come to Switzerland and be part of another chapter in "Lord of the Rings" music history! smile

All best,
    -Basil
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I'd love to go to this. The Two Towers has always been my favourite of the three. Switzerland's a long way though.

I was wondering, the film, is it played silently, or are the sound effects and dialogue over it?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    fommes wrote
    I'd love to go to this. The Two Towers has always been my favourite of the three. Switzerland's a long way though.

I was wondering, the film, is it played silently, or are the sound effects and dialogue over it?

Yes, the film will be played with dialogue and sound effects, but they are newly mixed. So, for exemple, during the big battle for Helm's Deep, there are all the sound effects included, but they are not a loud becuase the "battle" between 200 musicians performing Shore's score and the sound effects would sooner or later be unbearable for the audience! wink
    But also all the dialogues are included and in scenes where they are more important they are mixed a bit louder and in some scenes they're a bit softend.