• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2014
    I think Craig's been great. Easily - easily - the best Bond since Sir Sean. And his first and third films are amongst the very best Bonds.

So there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I watched SKYFALL again yesterday. Definitely one of the best Bond films and I have to say I warmed to Newman's score a lot this time, everything that is except for the ( yawwwwwwwn! ) generic, non-descript action music that you could plant in any action film and never know the difference.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I still do claim that there are enough Bondian elements in the action music to make it stand out enough. It's rather subtle licks filtered through Newman's style, which is much more fine by me than Arnold sometimes just ripping Barry off.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    generic, non-descript action music that you could plant in any action film and never know the difference.

Fact is Fact!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer is Timmer! cheesy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Idris Elba as Bond? Hell yes! I'd be all over that. cool

And of course that cancerous lump Rush Limbaugh is already voicing his objections to it. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2014
    Idris Elba has everything it takes to be a Bond. Handsome, suave, cool, and physically strong to boot.

Elba for Bond.
  4. I had no idea that Daniel Craig is only 5'10. Relatively short for Bond.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2014
    'Taller than James Bond'

That's going straight on my dating profile.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    'Taller than James Bond'

That's going straight on my dating profile.

Ditto. Now all I can think of his how odd it would be to stand next to him. I'm 5'11, but I think it would seem mighty weird (minus the fact that I'd be standing next to Daniel Craig).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    'Taller than James Bond'

What? The real one, Sean Connery or little Daniel Craig?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Apparently Connery is 6'2". So at least I can still say I'm as tall as Bond.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What length is that in normal-speak (i.e. without thumbs, feet, elbows, nails or nautical miles)?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014
    It's about half of 6 foot and 2 inches, but doubled I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014 edited
    I'll pay you 3/4 ha'tuppence for a proper answer.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014
    God save the queen.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016
    The story behind John Altman's tank chase music for Goldeneye...

http://jamesbondradio.com/composer-john … w-chernov/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2018
    Danny Boyle will be the director of th upcoming Bond movie (end 2019). Music could be by ... anyone!
    http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/03/danny- … dream-job/
    Kazoo
  5. That means we have a shot at a Pemberton Bond score. Sweet. punk

Or maybe he'll remember how he worked with Arnold once over 20 years ago and reunite with him. Sweet. punk

Or maybe he'll get A.R. Rahman and we get a Bollywood Bond song. Sww...eeet? uhm

Or maybe he gets John Murphy. Hm. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    That means we have a shot at a Pemberton Bond score. Sweet. punk

Or maybe he'll remember how he worked with Arnold once over 20 years ago and reunite with him. Sweet. punk

Or maybe he'll get A.R. Rahman and we get a Bollywood Bond song. Sww...eeet? uhm

Or maybe he gets John Murphy. Hm. slant

All 4 have their strengths, and I'd be interested in all of their efforts. Obviously Pemberton is my first choice.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don't forget Angelo Badalamenti who I think would be a fine choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'd be delighted if Arnold returned. It would be a 10+ year break from Bond so he might be able to refresh his ideas.

My dream Bond composer at the moment is John Powell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cool. Would be very happy if Arnold returned - also happy if Pemberton were picked. I believe Sam Mendes is the only Bond director to have been allowed to pick his own composer (indeed the word at the time was that he had it written in his contract that he'd only direct it if he were allowed to) so the producers - who presumably still have a good relationship with Arnold - may well favour that option and presumably Boyle would be happy with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2018 edited
    I couldn't possibly care less.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Damn. In that case no reason to hope Desplat or Giacchino gets it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote

You care enough to say you don't care (as usual).
  6. Steven wrote
    Thor wrote

You care enough to say you don't care (as usual).

Clearly it was exceedingly important for all of us to know just how little Thor cares. In fact I demand a list of all the films to have come out in the past year with a rating of 0 to 7.728 reflecting just how much or little Thor cares. It's very important to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2018
    This is true. It was extremely important that you all knew how little I cared about this.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Why does it matter if Thor posts or doesn’t post about his lack of caring? 90% of the posts on this board are just personal impressions. It’s nice to hear a little input from everyone, no matter how banal. The internet removes a lot of personality, and it’s these small pointless posts that helps bridge that divide.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven