• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Is it possible the site is already buckling?
    Several time-outs today, and one error message:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 2621440) (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/maintitles.net/httpdocs/forum/extensions/ApplicantEmailVerification/default.php on line 116
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Didn´t get a single one. Looks alright from here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Is it possible the site is already buckling?
    Several time-outs today, and one error message:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 2621440) (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/maintitles.net/httpdocs/forum/extensions/ApplicantEmailVerification/default.php on line 116

I had that twice yesterday.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I got this yesterday, and according to Bregt, we're killing the server. biggrin

He told me he's going to get it looked into though... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    I got this yesterday, and according to Bregt, we're killing the server. biggrin

Current picture of the dedicated MainTitles server farm.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    Ouch! Was that before or after the beginning of the religious debate? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I got 2 today.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

No, this is the server room after the religious debate.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

No, this is the server room after the religious debate.

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /u35/camera0bug/upload/22838887.PA310072.JPGcopy on this server.?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Weird.
    Changed the link though. Should work now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Haha, cool. I better hope that's a burned area and not a plane crash site or something tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked You are completely plane-obsessed, aren't you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You wouldn't believe how many hours in the wild night i spent in the past (and still do to date, when i find some extra time) studying official accident reports in www.ntsb.gov , books and plane manuals, watching discovery channel and national geographic docus and analyzing data and stuff on known accidents or in early stages of accidents (preliminary) in forums with other people, namely airliners.net. You wouldn't believe! As for the Helios crash in Cyprus (http://aviation-safety.net/database/rec … 20050814-0) i am perfectly convinced that i've learned stuff the families of the victims will most probably not learn, at least in their majority. I am a looney on these things. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt: as I had some spare time today I've been able to watch the forum quite intensively over a number of hours (not to mention stress-testing it biggrin ).
    I experience a LOT of time-outs where the site is unreachable.
    they are very brief, and usually a simple refresh / F5 is sufficient to get back on track, but especially when posting a message it's quite a bother as the message obviously is gone by then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I can confirm the above too. Brief and always fixed through an f5-reload.
  2. FYI.

I've been finding since I logged on tonight that things are running very slow - and I was confronted with a "fatal error" message.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Bregt: when I went to the features page to read the David Arnold interview I only get a brief look at the photos down the right-hand side of the page and then they disappear. Hovering the cursor over the are shows they are there - but just not visible.

I remember this being mentioned a few days ago. Was the glitch fixed? Could it be a browser-specific problem. (using Opera v9.24)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    I have no idea why that is. It's on the list.
    I'm not doing naything weird with my xhtml I think?

The slowness and blank pages sould be fixed, according to my webspace provider.
    Kazoo
  4. I have that problem too (also with Opera 9.24).

Maybe this has something to do with the "onload" event? Opera handles this different than all other browsers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    It's a bug in Opera?
    I don't relay know.

When I search on Google, there's some sort of same problem, but I can't seem to sole it on this place. What is weird, is that what I do is perfectly normal, and is even used on the forum pages. Let me look at it for another while. Sorry for this unwanted unconvience. Very stupid thing indeed.
    Kazoo
  5. It works when I delete the JavaScript file (main.js) and reload the page from the cache in Opera. So this is maybe a solution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    Antineutrino wrote
    It works when I delete the JavaScript file (main.js) and reload the page from the cache in Opera. So this is maybe a solution.

You.Genious!

Thanks for the help. My code for main.js had a script that tried to sho transparent pngfiles in IE6, but as I don't use any of these anymore, this script wasn't really necassary.

Again,thanks!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited
    Bregt,

I seem to be seeing recent posts from some people in certain topics being posted as "23 Hours" ago when they clearly are not.

Can anyone else see this?

[EDIT] I'm seeing this particularly with Timmer's posts.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt,

I seem to be seeing recent posts from some people in certain topics being posted as "23 Hours" ago when they clearly are not.

Your not in the Twilight Zone alone Alan, Steven and I have both noticed this.
  6. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt,

I assume then that someone's mentioned it somewhere else? shame
  7. I notice that the problem buggers up the sequence of posts. I read Tim's post in the NP topic (and I'm sure that it said it was posted 7-10 minutes previously). Then I post something and when it's refreshes my post is above Tim's and now his post says that it was posted 23 hours ago!!
    dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt,

I assume then that someone's mentioned it somewhere else? shame

A while ago I 'bumped' Peter's new score game list to page 6 and it's now gone back to page 5.....freaky! dizzy
  8. Next the Top 10 posters list will show that I'm about to fall to 10th place in the stands!! rolleyes

That...
  9. ...would...