• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Salem's Lot"
    By: Harry Sukman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLLHxJrqn5A

"Final Destination" [1]
    By: Shirley Walker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj1aaZeCPUs
    These two should be one cue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzceMqip … ure=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDparo2n … ure=relmfu
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Timmer wrote
    I don't think there's any music that scares me.

1. Buy / download / receive as a gift the following film : Insidious
    2. Put the film in your player of choice.
    3. Crank the amp up to what you like best. Louder = better.
    4. Make it as dark as possible in the room.
    5. Watching by yourself is preferred.
    6. Get through the first 5 minutes. Or watch the whole thing if you can handle it.
    7. Come back here.
    8. Post something along the lines of: "I've heard music that scares the shit out of me. I never though it would be possible. I'm still shaking all over my body and my teeth are rattling so much it hurts."

cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012
    punk biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    URBAN LEGEND - Christopher Young
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. The Insidious opening unleashes 2 minutes of some of the creepiest music I've ever heard, damn that scared the living shit out of me, that scene too I might add
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    But then the film turns into an utter let down during it's last act.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. A letdown? I didn't think so, it was suspenseful, creepy throughout and the final shock came as a surprise too.

I totally loved the many Poltergeist references.

A superior horror flick IMO.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah, a letdown. Insidious got stupid, cheesy and generic - the cheap looking sets don't help either - after such a promising start.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I don't think there's any music that scares me.

1. Buy / download / receive as a gift the following film : Insidious
    2. Put the film in your player of choice.
    3. Crank the amp up to what you like best. Louder = better.
    4. Make it as dark as possible in the room.
    5. Watching by yourself is preferred.
    6. Get through the first 5 minutes. Or watch the whole thing if you can handle it.
    7. Come back here.
    8. Post something along the lines of: "I've heard music that scares the shit out of me. I never though it would be possible. I'm still shaking all over my body and my teeth are rattling so much it hurts."

cheesy

you really don't know me wink

I quite fancy seeing the film, I've heard the music and no it didn't scare me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. I'll let you know if it has any of the effects you suggest.

It won't, and I'll let you know that too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012 edited
    You may not have those effects, but it will affect your viewing. I don't think standalone it works as well as in the film, as it's just a superb blending of the creepy atmosphere created by the film's visuals and directing with the terrifying strings as the icing on the cake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I still maintain that it doesn't hold a candle to PET SEMATARY as far as 'pure music' is concerned, but yeah....effective in the film, for sure.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I still maintain that it doesn't hold a candle to PET SEMATARY as far as 'pure music' is concerned, but yeah....effective in the film, for sure.

It's a shame that score was written for such a crappy film of Stephen King's most scary book.